Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » You are part of history

You are part of history

Tags : None
  • Okay, now that I have your attention with that headline.....

My new school for whom I am teaching two classes asked me to work with this young lady to help her erase an Incomplete. I first wrote a short study guide for her, then I had to use something I consider to be an abomination in college courses - three multiple choice exams. I HATE those tests! I always use essay exams.

Anyhow, to spice things up, I included my TW sisters in the answers. Here's a small sampling of some of my questions:

1. The first person to propose the Asian migration hypothesis is
    A. Nikolai Copernicus
    B. Martin Luther
    C. Joseph de Acosta
    D. Lilienne Li

7. Who is considered to have begun the Reformation?
    A. Tyra Sims
    B. Martin Luther
    C. James I
    D. Queen Mary

9. Which of the following monarchs began the Reformation in England?
    A. John Calvin
    B. Henry VIII
    C. Anna-Marie Trindall of Lowestoft
    D. Charles II

4. The first permanent British settlement was founded during the reign of which monarch?
    A. Queen Charllet of Scotland
    B. Henry VIII
    C. James I
    E. Louis XIV

Ah, I couldn't resist!
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      February 16, 2006 2:50 PM GMT
  • Actually, I DID consider trying out for it. The problem is contestants have to pay their own way, and that's money I don't have. Knowing my luck, and my math skills, the first question will be "What is the sum of 2 plus 2?" I'll lose.
      February 16, 2006 3:17 PM GMT
  • Awwwwwww hun, i'm touched that you thought of little old me. It's made me smile BIG-TIME, anyway!

Love & xxxxxxxxxxx Anna-Marie
    "When the world gets in my face i say HAVE A NICE DAY"
      February 16, 2006 8:30 PM GMT
  • Those are just some of the questions. Again, it was a small sampling. Hey, why not give my girls some exposure? It's not like you're exposing yourself.
      February 16, 2006 8:58 PM GMT
  • Mere,
    LOL that's too cool!!!! Good stuff hon!

*hugs*

~Valerie
      February 17, 2006 11:40 AM GMT
  • Hey teach, I think I only got 50% on the exam. Will I have to go to your office for some counseling after school?<G>

Hugs...Joni
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      February 17, 2006 2:06 PM GMT
  • nice one mere hun , maade me giggle seing this , hope i was in there some were
      February 17, 2006 5:02 PM GMT
  • Here are the answers, in order since the questions are not in numerical order (they're from different tests): C, B, B, C.

Yes, Chris, there are other questions with other TW girls mentioned in the answers, including you!

Ms. Joni, and all you other girls who did not do so well, why weren't you paying attention in class? Get to my office right now for some punishment!
      February 17, 2006 6:15 PM GMT
  • By the way, Mere, it is HERstory.

I believe that the first permanent British settlement was during the early Paleolithic. Somewhere near Dover, wasn't it? So that would be "none of the above" Geeez, Colonials!
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      February 17, 2006 9:45 PM GMT
  • The question does look funny the way it's phrased. However, to clarify, it's based on Chapter Three, which deals with the first permanent British settlements in the New World. Maybe I should have mentioned that!

But, GOOD POINT!!!!!!
      February 18, 2006 12:21 AM GMT
  • Oh boy, does this mean I won't have to do a special project this semester?<G>

Hugs...Joni
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      February 18, 2006 3:30 PM GMT
  • Oh, I have a "special" project all right........

Okay, girls, lift up those little schoolgirl skirts and get ready for a spanking........
      February 18, 2006 3:32 PM GMT
  • Mere, honey--

Corporal punishment for such trivialities? Geez, I'd make the bunch of them stay after class and clap the erasers.

If your gonna punish them, turn off their Tranny TV for a week...then spank them. Better yet...if you're that much into pain and suffering, make 'em watch the O'Reilly Factor...

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    Living as the woman I am!
      February 23, 2006 11:27 PM GMT