A good lesson for him...

• May 10, 2004 8:23 AM BST
    On saturday at a street concert a guy next to me started to doubt my gender. According to him, because I was so tall. Hehe...well, he was smaller, but fatter, all right. I said, no, I´m not a man. But he kept on talking. So I showed him my passport and asked if Laura is a man´s name. He was SO embarrased and apologized and asked if he could buy me a drink or something...I said no thanks. I think this was a good lesson for him to think first and then talk .

Laura
  • May 10, 2004 9:07 AM BST
    Well...this happens to genetic women, too. One friend of mine, Tiina, told me that in a train a mother told to her child to sit next to that guy...and showed at Tiina. She gave an angry look...and then the woman said...eh, sorry. I guess tall women face this problem quite often.

Laura
  • May 10, 2004 9:35 AM BST
    In this respect the transmen have it easier. I know a few of them. For example, Santeri, one of them, is so macho male that you could never ever think he has once been a small girl .

Life is FUNNY.

Laura
    • 539 posts
    May 11, 2004 1:28 AM BST
    Years ago, before my transition, I was once with my brother and his former girlfriend, and a clerk in a store mistook her for a man (and she doesn't even look remotely male).

Also, when I was in junior high school, on the first day of class, a teacher mistook a girl for a boy. I felt bad for the girl; she was never able to live that down. Children can be cruel.

This seems to happen frequently.

Heather H.
    • 430 posts
    May 11, 2004 1:44 PM BST
    Laura,

I love the way you delt with that guy. I think it shows a real dose of girl power!

I saw a tgirl when I was in Birimingham and I just wanted to say hello or you look good or something, but remembered that how she would feel if I did. Although I think it different if we read a tgirl [we can spot our own easier than the rest] I know how I would feel if she did it to me.

• 430 posts
    May 11, 2004 1:44 PM BST
    Laura,

I love the way you delt with that guy. I think it shows a real dose of girl power!

I saw a tgirl when I was in Birimingham and I just wanted to say hello or you look good or something, but remembered that how she would feel if I did. Although I think it different if we read a tgirl [we can spot our own easier than the rest] I know how I would feel if she did it to me. I wonder if she read me?

• 2068 posts
    May 11, 2004 2:03 PM BST
    good for you hun,you certainly showed him a thing or two.go for it girl. lol maria xxxxx
    • 2068 posts
    May 11, 2004 2:03 PM BST
    good for you hun,you certainly showed him a thing or two.go for it girl. lol maria xxxxx