Cross-dressing policies

• 67 posts
    August 7, 2006 3:02 PM BST
    Wouldn't it be just peachy if he really WAS a tranny? *L* But it wouldn't surprise me. After all, trannies of all shapes ands sizes come from all walks of life. So why would some politicians be any different? If I recall correctly, many years back, a member of the British Parliament was caught wearing stockings and garters while in the company of his mistress. And rumour has it, a late Prime Minister in Canada used to wear dresses while talking to spirits. In Toronto, we have a TG running for Mayor at every election. And with gay politicians now a norm in government, why shouldn't a tranny also have the privilege of serving her constituents if they so choose to elect her. Think of it! It would be a boon to our wish of tolerable acceptance in society!

And hey, Robyn? Not only Thatcher, but methinks Camilla Parker Bowles too! LOL

Stacy
  • August 3, 2006 5:38 PM BST
    Did anyone notice a strange speech by Tony Blair on Monday? He was talking about the decline of tribal politics - the old-fashioned kind where Right was Right and Left was Left and you either identified with one or the other. Now, he said, each of the main parties borrows freely from the policies of the other side so that their views on most issues are broadly similar and people don't know where they belong any more (this is certainly true in the area of criminal justice where I work).

Blair went on to describe this behaviour as "rampant cross-dressing", as if policies were clothes, and the Labour Party had just sneaked into the Conservative Party's bedroom and tried on some tax cuts in front of the mirror. I wonder what made him think of it. Cross-dressing is not the first image to come to mind when thinking of the practice he describes. Is there a subliminal message? Is Blair himself a secret tranny? Is he saying that cross-dressing is a fact of life, just as borrowing other parties' policies is a fact of life? Or is he saying that this is a dubious practice best described by a socially-unacceptable metaphor?

Personally I wish that cross-dressing was rampant in our society. I'd be on the front line.

For those who missed it, the story is here: http://politics.guardian.[...]00.html
    • 588 posts
    August 3, 2006 6:32 PM BST
    I read that article yesterday. ram pant cross dressing. Some way of putting it... Sounds like one angry guy in deep denial. Makes me wonder who would possibly know ? Sure could explain a lot...
    • 773 posts
    August 3, 2006 6:52 PM BST
    While of course, only Mr. B. Liar's hairdresser would know for sure, I have always had my suspicions about him, as well as various members of parliament and just about any magistrate on the bench at The Old Bailey.

I'm pretty sure Maggie Thatcher was a rampant crossdresser.
    • 1652 posts
    August 4, 2006 1:05 AM BST
    Nice post, Cathy.
    Freudian slip I reckon.
    xx
    • 773 posts
    August 4, 2006 1:13 AM BST
    I used to have a Freudian slip. It was a most uncomfortable undergarment.
    • 374 posts
    August 4, 2006 12:51 PM BST
    Maybe the PM will come out one of these days and open the floodgates for other tranny's who are in government and other high profile positions...wouldn't that be something?

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
  • August 4, 2006 11:44 PM BST
    Yes...I'm one of them. I wish I had the courage to come out.

Catherine Wells, International Woman of Mystery