Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Happy Birthday Meredith Newton

Happy Birthday Meredith Newton

Tags : None
  • 2 2627
    I told myself no computers but for this it's OK.

Happy Birthday Mere!!!!

I hope your new year is everything you want it to be.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      September 15, 2006 7:31 AM BST
  • happy happybirhtday Mere sweet 16 again
    Life is to short to be sad and cry. Bring out your inner Joy. Smile in the sun and enjoy life. Blessed be.
      September 15, 2006 8:34 AM BST
  • A very, very Happy Birthday to you, Meredith. Lots of hugs and good wishes.

-Joni
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      September 15, 2006 12:22 PM BST
  • Happy Birthday, Mere! Glad you have one because it's nice to have you around.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      September 15, 2006 3:38 PM BST
  • Meredith--

Happy birthday--now you're 16, you can get a driver's license....

Luv 'n happy hugs,

Mina
    Living as the woman I am!
      September 15, 2006 6:05 PM BST
  • happy birthday Meredith - doesn't it feel better this year ?
      September 15, 2006 8:17 PM BST
  • happy birthday chick
      September 15, 2006 8:42 PM BST
  • Happy BD Mere hunni.......hope you have a gr8 day!

lol xxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie & charllet(the queen)
    "When the world gets in my face i say HAVE A NICE DAY"
      September 15, 2006 9:20 PM BST
    happy birthday hun, sorry im late xx
    all my love and kisses xxxxxxx
      September 15, 2006 10:24 PM BST
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEREDITH!! Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Best wishes ..................
    remember to tell the special people in your life, just how much you care....
      September 15, 2006 11:02 PM BST
  • Oh Mere, many happy returns! Next year, we will share a curry for your birthday.
      September 16, 2006 1:25 AM BST
  • Happy Birthday Mere! Hope you had a great day and all your wishes come true!

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
      September 16, 2006 7:30 AM BST
  • Thank you all for your well wishes everyone. I appreciate it.

Sadly, there's not much to report as to my actual day. No two day parties. I had to work, and since my hours have been a bit lean lately (along with the paychecks), I needed to go in. This kept me from seeing my daughter, who is staying with my mom this weekend. I'll see her tomorrow morning.

I went in early, as I usually do because of the trains, and wound up voluntarily taking over this one guy's 3 pm tour in order to keep my mind occupied. I took my shrink's advice and told my tours it was my birthday. I did better on tips yesterday than I had the past week combined. There was a group of business professors from Northwestern University on the 6 pm. They really liked me, but, DAMN, academics are terrible tippers (myself excluded). Maybe they figured that since I have a doctorate I don't need the tips. Cheapskates. But I might use the tip money to finally buy myself a present.

I did have one of my favorite captains for all three rides, and the deckhand is a very funny and nice guy. The lake became progressively choppy as the night wore on, so we had more wild rides. The waves weren't as big as last Sunday, though, when safety concerns became paramount and we had to get off the lake.

One girl at work, Jessica, started telling the customers it was my birthday, too, so I had plenty of well-wishes. If I didn't have to take that damn train back I would have gone to "The Goat" for a drink or two with my co-workers (The Goat is the infamous Billy Goat's just off of lower Michigan avenue).

It was a beautiful September day, just like today is shaping up to be. I'll be getting ready to go in again, as I will tomorrow.

Thanks again for remembering, girls. While I might have not had you around in person, you were certainly there in spirit.

Love always,
    Mere
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      September 16, 2006 3:19 PM BST
  • Happy Birthday Mere!!!
    Sorry i'm late with the birthday wishes. Hope u had a fantasic day!!!

Love & Hugs
    Simone
      September 17, 2006 10:20 PM BST
  • Sorry it's late, but happy birthday Mere.
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      September 18, 2006 8:50 AM BST
    Soooo sorry Mere.....I was out of town and missed sending you a big kiss for your birthday.
    XXXXXXX
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      September 18, 2006 9:00 PM BST

• I didn't know, Mere.

Sorry, hon.

Happy belated wishes!!!

I know what you mean about rough lake cruises, I did the same type of thing for a year as well. It was a fun job and I learned that I do not get seasick and got some really good "sea legs" which have come in handy on vacations since then. (I even got to dock the boat once when the capt. was still schnockered from the night before; very nerve wracking brining a $40mil yacht up alongside a steel and concrete wall. Thank God it was calm! Never saw that capt. again, after that... ).

We'll have to swap lake Michigan tourist boat stories sometime...

Sorry for the late wishes!!!

Hope you have a great year!!

What anniversary of your 29th birthday is it anyway... ?

HUGS!!!!!!!

Kari
    xoxoxo
      September 21, 2006 4:15 AM BST
  • Again, thank you all for your well wishes....

As for lake stories, yes, Kari, we can trade some! The past week alone gave me plenty.

I love you all

Mere
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      September 21, 2006 1:26 PM BST
    Hi Mere,
    Belated Happy Birthday!!
    What is it? 21 again.................
    best wishes
    Natalie xx Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere! -unknown
      September 21, 2006 6:07 PM BST
  • Hi Mere,

Happy Birthday!! (Hope this coming year is really good to you!!!).

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn

PS was on vacation, so missed your real birthday..
      September 21, 2006 10:00 PM BST