an appeal for UNITY

• 773 posts
    October 24, 2006 3:27 AM BST
    I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Discussion in the forums should be directed toward ideas, not individuals. Comments, positive or negative, should never be directly addressed to a person, rather to the ideas expressed.

We've all been guilty of this direct personal approach, but the atmosphere in the forums should reamain detached and academic.

Of course, I realize that hammering this point yet again is pretty much just spitting in the wind, but for what it's worth....
    • 2068 posts
    October 23, 2006 10:46 AM BST
    I have noticed in the last few months that a certain amount of bitterness in some of the forums & it's prompted me to write this. Girls......we HAVE to put a stop to this & NOW!.Quite honestly it's annoyed me so much at a time when we should be stcking together, cos the TG community gets enough hassle as it is without us Bitching among ourselves. I mean, what are prospective new members going to think when they read the forums & see all this bitchiness??.....they'll end up goin somewhere else & that'll be another member lost, now do we REALLY want that to happen...i think not!

Lets just put it all behind us & strive to make T-web a much happier place. I know this may well offend some peeps but that doesn't worry me. What DOES worry me is seeing out good name draqged through the mud...& its got to STOP & right NOW!!

LOL xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2627 posts
    October 23, 2006 1:59 PM BST
    Whats bad is when those people are your friends. You can't agree or disagree with out losing a friend.
    I had just started going into chat room but that seems to be where these things start. So thats out for me.

PLEASE!! I want to feel good here not hide from fights.
    • 2463 posts
    October 23, 2006 2:20 PM BST
    I'm all in favor of this. I have been a member here almost three years, and I certainly want to stay.

I do not like to fight. I like to be friends. I'm certainly willing to do whatever I can to make this a better place.
    • 2463 posts
    October 23, 2006 7:29 PM BST
    As I have said before, and will say again, whenever there is a group of people who hang out like we do, we are bound to get on each other's nerves from time to time.
    • 2017 posts
    October 23, 2006 9:28 PM BST
    Come on, let's be nice to each other, there's enough nastiness out in the world as it is. And if you do feel the need to sound somebody out, does it really have to go on a public forum? That's for the kind of people who would break up with their partner on the Jerry Springer show.....
    • 2068 posts
    October 23, 2006 9:46 PM BST
    Some Good points there Stefy. Thats whats good about TW...you get all kinds of opinions on all kinds of subjects. I think that they ALL contribute towards making TW a better place for all

LOL xxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 374 posts
    October 24, 2006 9:49 AM BST
    A lot of good points and Robyn sums things up nicely.

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 2068 posts
    October 24, 2006 9:39 PM BST
    Some Sound comments there Robyn....& well put too

LOL xxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
  • October 24, 2006 10:17 PM BST
    I can agree with some of the pints brought out here. If those who are bickering and hammering others here then it should Stop now!!!! However I have had a few "personal" questions and have receved several "personal answers" that is I had a problem with some thing and asked all the girls on tranny web for some advice and/or help and they have given me a good response. I'll agree that some posts are a little to personal, but we are all here to help one another out right?! If so then lets keep it the way Katie has formed this place for us and keep in mind that we are all sisters in arms no matter what we are!!!!!!!!!
    • 588 posts
    October 24, 2006 11:50 PM BST
    Well, why not define ACADEMIC

academic
    adj 1: associated with academia or an academy; "the academic
    curriculum"; "academic gowns"
    2: hypothetical or theoretical and not expected to produce an
    immediate or practical result; "an academic discussion";
    "an academic question"
    3: marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning
    especially its trivial aspects [syn: donnish, pedantic]
    n : an educator who works at a college or university [syn: academician, faculty member]

• 1083 posts
    October 25, 2006 12:13 AM BST
    Bitching? BITCHING?!?

**evil, maniacal laughter**

Just remember, dears. I'm not "a" bitch...

...I am THE Bitch, and that's Dr. Bitch to many people.

**More seriously, now--**

When we all come together with our thoughts, dreams, and ideals, we prosper.

But when we all come with acrimony, discord and PMS, look out...!

We need to be more like family, and less like a bunch of gg's with our big girl panties all wadded up, I'll agree.

Of course, families don't always agree with one another, either. But at least with families, at the end of the day...we're still family.

Let us endevor to make it so.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 588 posts
    October 25, 2006 12:25 AM BST
    Hear Hear !

Family...

n 1: a social unit living together; "It was a good Christian household"; "I waited until the whole house was asleep"; "the teacher asked how many people made up her home" [syn: household, house, home, menage]
    2: primary social group; parents and children; "she wanted to have a good job before starting a family" [syn: family unit]
    3: a collection of things sharing a common attribute; "there are two classes of detergents" [syn: class, category]
    4: an association of people who share common beliefs or activities; "the message was addressed not just to employees but to every member of the company family"; "the church welcomed new members into its fellowship" [syn: fellowship]
    5: a person having kinship with another or others; "she's kin"; "she's family" [syn: kin, kinsperson]
    6: (biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more genera; "sharks belong to the fish family"

Building a house is not a strictly academic subject.
    • 1083 posts
    October 25, 2006 12:39 AM BST
    Sabina--

I was going to ask if you were calling me a shark...but then, I re-read your most excellent post.

3 and 4 seem (to me) the best examples of what TrannyWeb is all about. One could make an argument for 1 as well, but only if we all consider Katie our Matriarch. (I consider her as a sister, after all these years.)

A brilliant post, hon--

Mina Sakura
    • 588 posts
    October 25, 2006 1:02 AM BST

xx
    • 128 posts
    October 25, 2006 6:36 AM BST
    Good words Anna-Marie! I came here to talk to friendly people. To meet more people like me. If I wanted to argue I would still be married. There were a lot of negative vibes out there for a while. Love to all!P.
    • 448 posts
    October 29, 2006 8:11 AM GMT
    Well even tgirls are individuals, we will have differenent views and opinions, and will argue and fall out from time to time. Not that it is any excuse for bitching. But this is a community and it would be nice to think that if any of us were in trouble the community as a whole, regardless of any personal differences, would rally round. It is always worth remembering that we are not accepted in society merely tolerated. So we need each other and we need sites like this. As a postcript, I have to agree with Karen about the chatroom. On the rare occassion I have been there it did appear to me that there were insults being thrown around. I didn't understand them so they may just have been in jest, does make you feel uncomfortable though. Love and kisses xxx
  • October 29, 2006 12:45 PM GMT
    welcome back Tori, good to see the chip on your shoulder hasn't got any smaller
    • 2463 posts
    October 29, 2006 1:03 PM GMT
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN

Oh, excuse me there, Tori, did you say something? Oh, I guess not.....
    • 2068 posts
    October 30, 2006 12:23 PM GMT
    Tori.....the ONLY reason that post of yours didn't stay is cos we dont need narrow-minded peeps like you here so just do us all a favour & don't come back.

i will not have one of MY posts hi-jacked by you!

Anna-Marie
    • 2627 posts
    October 30, 2006 1:57 PM GMT
    Any time someone said something you didn't agree with you attacked. If you can't talk somethingt out than get out.
    • 2627 posts
    October 30, 2006 1:58 PM GMT
    One more thing.

I bet it sucks to be you!!
    • 1652 posts
    October 30, 2006 2:32 PM GMT
    Tori, I feel it's about time someone drew your attention to some of the rules of Trannyweb which we must all abide by. Most, if not all community sites have such rules, it has nothing to do with toeing the party line. Disagreement is not prohibited here, abusive behaviour is. Since, in a sweeping statement you tarred us all with the same brush and insulted "everyone¨ on Trannyweb, it is no surprise that your earlier post was deleted; I really don't think you touched a raw nerve anywhere. There are over 30,000 members here, are you seriously suggesting we are all the same?
    Some relevant quotes from the terms and conditions of use of this site, though I fear it may fall on deaf ears:
    "Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within Trannyweb.¨
    "Trannyweb is supposed to be a fun community. there is no room here for hotheads who are simply looking for a fight.¨
    "You agree not to carry out any of the following actions while posting messages to TrannyWeb.
    Harass, intimidate, threaten, embarrass or slander any person or entity..."
    "About your posts:
    Contributions must be civil and tasteful
    No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
    No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive...¨
    And finally:
    "The views expressed in Trannyweb Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of Trannyweb.¨
    I am a member of the public, Trannyweb is not a political, religious or otherwise all-encompassing belief. There is a huge amount of intelligent, relevant, and helpful discussion here. You don't have to be abusive or insulting to not be a sycophant. Please stop trying to justify your failure to get on in this site by blaming everyone else, it's time you took responsibility for your own actions.
    I'd also like you to know that I live, full time female, in the real world. I'm glad the real world in which I live is not the same as yours.
    • 2127 posts
    October 30, 2006 3:57 PM GMT
    I am sick and tired of having to repeat myself on this subject. I love you all but we must all understand once and for all that these forums are not a place for people with personal differences to argue and fight in public.

And Tori, things have been much quieter since you left. I believe that you are one of the people that caused much of the friction here in the first place, with your acid forum posts.

It's obvious from your profile description that you are just here to make trouble:

"T Girl who can't believe how much earth mother bullshit is spouted on this site."

In your first post above you said:

> > "I didn't think anything would tempt me to return to trannyweb..."

Well if you don't like us, go somewhere else!

If you are incapable of offering constructive contributions to our community you have no place here.

To help you along with your inevitable decision to leave us, I have now disabled your membership and banned you from this community for good.

I hope we can all get back to our usual more friendly ways now.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 2627 posts
    October 30, 2006 5:03 PM GMT
    Sorry Katie!
    But that one gets under my skin.
    • 1083 posts
    October 30, 2006 8:05 PM GMT
    "...but we must all understand once and for all that these forums are not a place for people with personal differences to argue and fight in public."

Katie--

**feigned shock and horror**

They're NOT? Since when?

(Okay, OKAY!!! I'm just teasing!)

Luv you, hon--

Mina
    • 2573 posts
    October 31, 2006 4:19 AM GMT
    I pretty much agree with Lucy and Katie. Tori, you signed up and immediately violated the terms and conditions of membership and lost your right to membership. It has nothing to do with anything else. Nothing to do with your viewpoint, personal beliefs or expressing your thoughts. It has to do with your violating your agreement by the manner of how you post. You an believe otherwise but Katie has a right to set the rules and enforce them. You have a right to find another place that lets you be abusive, start your own site....or change your behavior to follow the rules you promised to. Nobody is even asking you to follow the desires of the majority. Just the written rules. "Read them, know them, live them"--FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH

I don't agree with the majority feelings here on everything. But I can live with them for the greater good TW accomplishes. If you disagree, I suggest going back to being "alone" in the world again like we used to live. Perhaps it will put things in perspective.
  • October 31, 2006 8:08 AM GMT
    Oh my, the things one miss when is not around! I do recall reading some of Tori's posting in the past and thought "how rude". Glad I missed her last salvo of bullets. I personaly just luv everyone here and feed off of the many successes to further me along as far as I may go. Tweb is an inspiring and powerful site and Katie is so wonderful to have created this heaven of a haven for us all. Thank you everyone.
    LuvHugKis...Rachel
    • 128 posts
    October 31, 2006 9:17 AM GMT
    Anna-Marie wow! The last thread i ever thought would generate so much negativity! Glad things are back to normal. Ooops. Didn't mean to use that word. HE he i even had to look up sycophant. I should have been a redhead!. Peace! P.
    • 1083 posts
    October 31, 2006 6:27 PM GMT
    Frances--

That's really beautiful, and (again) I find myself in agreement with you.

Luv 'n hugs to you all,

Mina
    • 773 posts
    October 31, 2006 11:10 PM GMT
    *sigh*