New Trannyweb Minimum Age Restriction

• 2127 posts
    November 2, 2006 4:39 PM GMT
    Hi Girls,

After the points raised in the Age Concern thread a while back, we created a page of links which we hoped would help those under 18 find better guidance at one of the web sites in our list, which cater specifically for under 18's.

I had hoped we would be able to stop just short of imposing a site-wide minimum age restriction because I have always believed that would send out the wrong signals.

However, recent events have forced the issue and so, having consulted several members of the team and some of our members too, we have decided that the only way forward is to impose an 18+ minimum age restriction on membership at Trannyweb.

This decision was not taken lightly and has not been done to appease any one person in particular.

Rather, it has been forced upon us to protect the site, our members and community.

The public and the media love to make out that transgender people are perverts. We must not play into their hands like this.

There is nothing here for minors. We do not offer any specific services for them and nor are we qualified to do so.

It is true that relating our various experiences could be beneficial to minors who are confused about their gender but some could also unkindly call that "grooming".

We really do have to be so careful. There are so many people out there who would like to see us closed down for good.

Therefore, if a minor should gain entry in future, we should explain politely that this site is for adults only (over 18's) and then point them to our under 18's page at:

http://gendersociety.com/[...]s.shtml

Please also take a look at their profile, make a note of their user name and send it to me.

Thank you all for your understanding on this issue. We held off with imposing a lower age limit for as long as we could but in the end it was inevitable.

Thanks and huggies,

Katie x
    PS This policy change is not up for discussion. The decision has been made and the official Trannyweb Terms and Conditions have been amended.
    • 515 posts
    November 2, 2006 10:31 PM GMT
    It is truly a shame it came to this
    • 2068 posts
    November 3, 2006 10:55 AM GMT
    It is a pity that it's come down to this katie, but like you said you've done it to protect the members & the site. I am behind you 100 % on this

LOL xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 374 posts
    November 3, 2006 12:23 PM GMT
    Like Anna-Marie, I'm also behind you on this 100% Katie.

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 1083 posts
    November 6, 2006 3:45 PM GMT
    Katie, hon--

I've already said I hate to see it come to this, but also agree it is a necessary thing. While there's nothing here that could be offensive, this is not a place for the under 18-crowd.

Love you!

Mina
    • 2017 posts
    November 7, 2006 9:48 PM GMT
    It's a shame but if it protects the site from being closed down then it is a necessary evil.

Just makes things more difficult for the under 18 TG's out there to find info and support.

However, I completely support your decision.