Help needed........

• 2068 posts
    November 7, 2006 2:45 AM GMT
    I've now got my new PC up & running, & was tryin to download flash-player so i can access the chatroom. But it wont work on AOL & i dont know why. I have it on IE 6 but it dont seem to work there either. I know for a fact flash player's on the PC but can't get it to install......where AM i goin wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated!

LOL xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 773 posts
    November 7, 2006 6:13 AM GMT
    if you are on AOL, it's possible that the old proxy server issue is rearing its ugly head again. Check your settings in IE under Tools--->Internet Options, and disable the proxy server.
    • 2627 posts
    November 7, 2006 9:58 AM GMT
    It could also have to do with your firewall or pop-up blocker.
    • 1083 posts
    November 7, 2006 3:14 PM GMT
    **humph**

You ask me, where you're going wrong is having AOL.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    • 2017 posts
    November 7, 2006 8:52 PM GMT
    I haven't got in since the chatroom changed no matter what I do. I hope you have better luck than me, Ann.
    • 2068 posts
    November 8, 2006 1:55 AM GMT
    Robyn.... i found the IE options bit, now where DO i find what disables the proxy server cos i have no idea where to find it.....lol

LOL xxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1652 posts
    November 8, 2006 1:37 PM GMT
    I’m not certain but I think this is it:
    In the Internet Options box click on the “Connections” tab, your default connection should be highlighted. Click on “Settings…”
    In the middle of this box there is a section for “Proxy Server”. If the box that says, “Use a proxy sever for this connection” is ticked, then un-tick it. If not then it must be something else!
    Good luck.
    xx