Soap Opera Introduces TS Character

• 1980 posts
    November 27, 2006 2:46 PM GMT
    Hi girls, this was on Yahoo this morning. While I don't watch the soaps myself, I thought it was kind of interesting. As long as the TS person is treated as a real person and not some sort of stereotype played for laughs or someone in need of redemption, then I have nothing against it. Just kind of wondering what you other girls think about it.

Here's the link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/a[...]sgender

Hugs...Joni
    • 1083 posts
    November 27, 2006 4:05 PM GMT
    Joni--

It'll be interesting, alright...I won't be watching it, though.

It interferes with "The Barefoot Contessa", "Still Standing", and "Paid Programming." Can't miss TV!

(Or, for you in the brodcast area, you might miss "Lars Larsen." )

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    • 2017 posts
    December 11, 2006 8:58 AM GMT
    This has been done a few times but the TS is always played by a stunning GG!! While there are some TS's that look stunning, we're not all so fortunate so for me, it makes it hard to accept the character as anything but a GG.

It'd be like me putting on a suit and passing myself off as a man who used to be a woman

Hopefully, this show will be different.
    • 127 posts
    December 24, 2006 2:49 PM GMT
    I've read quite a bit about it. Back in the day when the soaps were really big they were all about romance, treachery, all the stuff that makes a good shakespearian play. This is no different. I am hopping they do the character justice. Maybe they can show how hurtfull society in general is towards T's.
    Heather