Bush continues to rewrite Constitutional Law

• 2573 posts
    February 20, 2007 10:54 AM GMT
    Those of you in the United States of America could be breaking the law by being transgendered....thank's to another brilliant move by President Shrub, Jr.

"Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity."

http://news.com.com/Creat[...]91.html

"Buried deep in the new law is Sec. 113, an innocuously titled bit called "Preventing Cyberstalking." It rewrites existing telephone harassment law to prohibit anyone from using the Internet "without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy."

"Think about it: A woman fired by a manager who demanded sexual favors wants to blog about it without divulging her full name. An aspiring pundit hopes to set up the next Suck.com. A frustrated citizen wants to send e-mail describing corruption in local government without worrying about reprisals.

In each of those three cases, someone's probably going to be annoyed. That's enough to make the action a crime. (The Justice Department won't file charges in every case, of course, but trusting prosecutorial discretion is hardly reassuring.) "

----Think about it: A woman fired by a manager who demanded sexual favors wants to blog about it without divulging her full name. An aspiring pundit hopes to set up the next Suck.com. A frustrated citizen wants to send e-mail describing corruption in local government without worrying about reprisals.

---declan.mccullagh cnet.com

So if you are posting under your TW identity and it is different from your legal name, and some homophobic skinhead decides he is annoyed by what you posted on TW......you guessed it....

Well....we still have the Supreme Court. Perhaps someone will, one again, inform the President of the reality of the Constitution that he is sworn to protect. In the meantime, don't post anything that might annoy the President.

• 2068 posts
    February 20, 2007 9:25 PM GMT
    That sounds about right for that bigoted son of a bitch GWB Jr.....he talks out of his butt!

lol xxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 136 posts
    February 21, 2007 6:05 AM GMT
    Wendy,

You're giving that nut-job (GWB)way too much credit! No way he could have come up this, it had to have been one of his "handlers."

Nicole
    • 2573 posts
    February 21, 2007 7:11 AM GMT
    But Knikol.....he is the man with his finger on the pen.
    • 1652 posts
    February 23, 2007 12:11 AM GMT
    “In each of those three cases, someone's probably going to be annoyed. That's enough to make the action a crime.”
    Actually no; someone being annoyed does not prove intent to annoy, which is even more murky and difficult to prove. The woman fired by her manager for example would presumably be within her rights to speak her feelings about her mistreatment; that’s not an intent to annoy, that’s freedom of speech, and as the writer goes on to say, the First Amendment prevents laws being made which restrict this.
    I cant see that this law would tacitly make being transgendered a crime either. Whatever though, a stupid idea of a law and an example of how futile it is to attempt to regulate the internet in general.
    Bloody politicians.
    xx
    • 1195 posts
    February 28, 2007 6:49 PM GMT
    Wendy......can't count on the Supreme Court.....they elected him in the first place.
    Can we use "annonomous"? That's been a femme name for centuries.
  • March 19, 2007 5:24 PM GMT
    Leve it to GW to screw the americans again. Firs it was the multi billion dollar war, the phone tapping under the third admendment (which if you read closly just gives him the popwer as comander and chief not to do what ever the hell he wants when he wanst he is using this as an excuse to do what the hell ever he wants [so long as it in the favor of national security{if you beleve this I'll tell you a few more}National security to quote you british my "bloodyed" a*s.]) then he pull this stunt; what next? telling every one in the whole world your trans gendered give me a break. Oh wait that's illegal too. who would have gussed he would be such a bone headed president. Girls from what I've seen He should be Impeached, convicted, removed from office, all his daddy's money taken away from him, and sent (along with his two criminal daughters, and wife) to mexico to live out his natrual borne life and have to work down their for penny's on the dollar just like the rest of them. just so he can see what it's like to have to work for a living and just barily making ends meat!

Sorry for my ranting & raving here but you have to understand (most probly do) 1. I'm not mexican or even lateno (just to set the record stright) 2. GW or just plain W if you wand in a bone head Our worst president in history was Jimmy Carter, but this one takes the cake and he ate it too (lol). 3. just get him the heck out of office NOW the next one can't be as bad as this one can they (even if it is a woman, I thiink that might even be better the what we have now).