Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Transgender Tips » Fitting shoes without 1/2 sizes

Fitting shoes without 1/2 sizes

Tags : None
  • Shoes above size 11 or 12 only come in whole sizes, no half-sizes. Many of us must wear shoes in this size range. How to get shoes to stay on without having them too tight and risking damage to your foot....

They sell inserts with peel-off sticky backs for about a dollar or so. Putting these in the shoe where the ball of your foot rests will make a too-big, whole size shoe fit properly and stay in place. They are particularly helpful when wearing high-heels, as they keep your foot from sliding forward and jamming your toes in the toe of the shoe.

I discovered this recently when a pair of flats did not stay on my feet and I knew a size smaller was unacceptably tight. The shoe store salesperson was very helpful when asked how to deal with this problem.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      April 9, 2007 9:04 PM BST
  • A popular product is called "Pedals". Do a search on the web to see them. They come in various sizes for different shoes. Many Bridal Shops carry them. So check your local Bridal Shops.
      July 14, 2008 1:56 AM BST