The moslem woman

• May 25, 2004 7:02 AM BST
    Hi girls

Again at my bus stop. There you meet the world. Yesterday we were a bunch of us ladies standing there waiting for our bus. And there came also a finnish moslem woman. Hair and legs covered. I noticed that she got looks and staring from our ladies side, I´m afraid I was one of them. So....I didn´t get any looks or staring, but the poor moslem lady got them. Must there always be somebody we stare at? That made me somehow sad.

Laura
  • May 25, 2004 8:53 AM BST
    The lady was not stared at because of what she wore. A somali lady would not have been stared at (we have here a number of somali refugees). She was stared at because she was clearly a finn, but had converted into islam faith. A kind of traitor, as we m2f:s are seen by many men.

Laura
  • May 25, 2004 9:11 PM BST
    Hey Laura, its must of been hard seeing yourself do that, but people do stare a lot. Majority of the time if you see something your not used too or something different you tend to stare at it or in your case her. Its just a reaction everyone has i think, now if they give her dirty looks then that would be different.
    But dont be sad, only way to stop people staring is to cut the entire worlds eyeballs out, now wouldnt that be pretty?

Rach