Quitting the quiz

• 2463 posts
    January 10, 2008 3:54 AM GMT
    Grow up.

I used to dominate the quiz, and for a while Lilienne has been on a hot streak. So many of you grumbled about her winning that she quit playing the quiz. That is unfair to Lilienne.

I could make every excuse in the world as to my performances - should have gone with first instinct, played the quiz while half asleep after a long day, hit wrong button, etc.....

The thing is, this is supposed to be fun. Or, shall I say, WAS supposed to be fun.

I wish she would come back.

Mere
    • 2463 posts
    January 10, 2008 4:09 AM GMT
    Anne, you are new here and do not understand. I do not run the quiz. You are missing the point.

Lilienne, come back.
    • 448 posts
    January 10, 2008 11:06 AM GMT
    I did the quiz for a while and was absolutely useless at it. I love setting a quiz but I never could do them, to easily distracted, I'm afraid. That just amuses me. It's only fun, isn't it? I don't consider myself stupid or undermined by my lack of success. Who cares who wins. It's really nice that Meredith misses you and that's more important than the grumbles of others. I second Mere - come back Lilienne.
    • 374 posts
    January 10, 2008 12:03 PM GMT
    Hi Meredith,

I didn't realize people complaining about Lilienne winning most of the time was the reason she's stopped playing. As for myself, I may have on occassion made a comment like "Yes I'm in the lead...at least until Lilienne and Meredith show up".....but it was all in good fun. Heck, my goal is to try to stay in the top 10...there's no way I can come close to the either of you 2 or some of the other girls! But it's still fun to play I'm really surprised that some girls are seriously upset because one or two girls are always winning. The couple of times that I've actually won a quiz made it that much better knowing that I beat the best Oh yes, and I can also come up with all sorts of excuses when I don't do so well

So Lilienne, please come back to the quiz! We miss your presence there Besides, you're not just going to let Mere walk away with winning this month........are you?

Hugs & kisses,

Monika

• 2627 posts
    January 10, 2008 1:16 PM GMT
    I thought she said something about being busy this month. I wasn't awear of any one complaining.
    It is just for fun. Maybe some take it to seriously I guess. They need to get a life.
    • 259 posts
    January 10, 2008 3:07 PM GMT
    Still I say, someday I will win the quiz! Ha!

I am definately going to hang out with Meredith and Lillienne more so some of thier brilliance will rub off on me.

But watch out for Josi once she gets a liitle education under her belt cuz I will really "bring it" at the trivia, Ha!

Lillienne, you are very welcome to play anytime.
    • 2017 posts
    January 10, 2008 3:17 PM GMT
    Come back Lilienne! It's no fun winning the quiz if there is no 'real' competition. It means all the more to beat the girl at the top, victory tastes much sweeter then. So please don't be put off and stand ready to be challenged for your title!!

Nikki
    • 259 posts
    January 10, 2008 3:47 PM GMT
    Anne Selene

The answer to number one is Kikuyu, and is it true that the election was rigged???

As for number two I will check as I am completely cluelss with singers and actors. If I knew more about that I would certainly win the T-Challenge.
    • 259 posts
    January 10, 2008 4:09 PM GMT
    Ok here goes for number two- the answer is Anne Frank.

The muscal is based on her diary-- which has been translated into 67 languages.

I thought it was interesting how she died of Typhus in 1944 when the vaccine came out in mass production in 1938. But of course if she was a holocoust prisoner than I am sure they did not give them vaccines.

More on typhus--just for fun: it is a bacteria (ricketsiia prowazekii) carried by a vector, usually lice. It infects it hosts by introducing the bacteria via the blood stream.
    The vaccine was developed using egg yolks. Also the scientists that made the vaccine were killed in the holocast. Just some interesting facts.
    • 259 posts
    January 10, 2008 4:41 PM GMT
    Oops! Correction on the researchers that died researching typhus-- it was actually the earlier researchers that used a different method of making the vaccine. They had to mash the lice with infected blood in them to produce the vaccine. This was very infectious and they died of the very thing they were making the vaccine for. My guess is that they were forced into doing it as they were also in the prison camps.

Hope I did not get too off trak with this discussion but it is about trivia. Just trying to keep my brain stimulated and entertained(and out of trouble) while I am on break from school. lol
    • 21 posts
    January 10, 2008 7:30 PM GMT
    Hi Meredith - it's my understanding that Lilienne only isn't playing this month to give someone else a go at winning - I didn't think there was any malice involved.

For Anne and anyone else who doesn't know what's being discussed here, there is a trivia game that lots of the girls here play every day - everyone is welcome, you can find it at http://my.funtrivia.com/t[...]46.html
    • 21 posts
    January 12, 2008 5:13 PM GMT
    Did you change your mind Anne ?

Haven't seen you in the quiz yet
    • 21 posts
    January 12, 2008 5:36 PM GMT
    I'm not talking about any post on here - I mena the tranny challenge that you said you would play
    http://my.funtrivia.com/t[...]6.html