TG's Getting the Short End

• 2627 posts
    January 24, 2008 12:29 PM GMT
    I was watching a show on TV lastnight called Criminal Minds. They made a reference saying many serial rapist are crossdressers. On showes such as this no cd, tg, or ts is put in anykind of a good light.
    We're either jokes or somekind of sicko killer.

Later on Discovery Science Channel they did a show about ts's. They went through the whole thing talking about HRT, RLE, than SRS. They made us look human, real people with problems that we didn't choose to have.

The trouble is that about 100 times more people saw the first show & not the second.
    I'll stop here I'm getting angry thinking about it.
    How are we ever going to get anywhere when we're allways in the bad light????
    • 1652 posts
    January 24, 2008 12:37 PM GMT
    "They made a reference saying many serial rapist are crossdressers."
    It's a lie, they should be ashamed of themselves.
    "How are we ever going to get anywhere when we're allways in the bad light????"
    We go out, and show ourselves in a good light.
    xx
    • 2463 posts
    January 24, 2008 1:58 PM GMT
    I know nothing of this show "Criminal Minds." I take it this show is a network program? If so, does it really surprise anyone that they would misrepresent "different" segments of society?

Lucy is right. Just go outside and be ouirselves.
    • 530 posts
    January 24, 2008 7:07 PM GMT
    Some years ago, when I was just starting out, a close friend worked for Social Services.

She told me that there is often an addendum on paedophiles files, 'likes to cross dress', or 'is a crossdresser/transvestite'. Because that is often the case.

Unfortunately , many took, and still do take , this to mean cross-dressers/transvestites are paedophiles.

Need I say more?