Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Welcome new members » Introduction; my first post

Introduction; my first post

Tags : None
  • This seemed like the best place to start.  It is wonderful to finally find a place for people like me...

I started dressing rather late (I was about 24).  I bought two pairs of panties and tried them on, and it immediately felt right.  Before this, I definitely had not fit into many traditional male roles (for example, I hate sports, and I prefer cooperation to competition).  As a child, I often related better to girls, and I was picked on a lot.  Although I did not start dressing at that time, I do remember playing around with my mother's nail polish when I was about 8, so maybe that counts as a start date.

After discovering panties at age 24, I gradually accumulated more women's clothing of all types; now I have a small closet packed full.  I have lived alone since I was 17 (and I love it), and the concept of relationships just does not appeal to me, so I can dress at home as much as I want.  For the last three or four years, I have never worn men's clothing at home (unless I am about to go out or am expecting someone).  My progress has been somewhat slow, however.  I have not yet tried makeup or shoes.  (I will be checking the makeup tips here; it is about time to start.)

Although I have never felt any guilt related to this, and I have never purged a single item from my wardrobe, I did not begin to fully understand this until about two months ago, when I finally decided to explore the issue on the Internet - that is how I discovered TrannyWeb.  I have a very strong feminine side, which I am ready to explore fully, but I also do not feel like my masculine side is 100% wrong - perhaps, psychologically, I am some of each.

I am still mostly in the closet. So far, I have told only one person - a friend I have known since childhood.  He is a tolerant type, and he has been accepting.  I will also tell my mother soon; I do not believe she will have a problem with it.  Maybe she will even help.  She always wanted a daughter - little does she realize that she already has one!

I guess this is enough for now.  Hopefully this is the first of many posts.  It is wonderful to find out that there are others like me out there.

Love,

Heather
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
      April 13, 2002 1:55 AM BST
  • Hi Heather

Welcome. I think we are all a mixture of male and female, indeed I think the whole of humanity is a mixture. The key issue is the proportions (psychologically as well as physically  :)) and to be happy with your own proportions.

Its good to have friends you can talk to about all aspects of your life. Hopefully you can find friends here to.
      April 13, 2002 9:11 AM BST
  • I suppose that I started like everyone else.  I began at a very young age to dress up in my mother's clothes and was probably too innocent then to know what it was really all about.

I really began to wonder when I srarted dressing in my sisters underwear and I can remember her sexy little supsender belt which I used to put on with her black stockings and panties.  Ever since then I have dressed up on and off.  Marriage I thought would cure me and it did for a while but when my wife and the childreen went away I started again.  After many years I now dress quite regularly and have a secret wardrobe stashed away.  I am still very much closeted and dearly wish I could declare myself in public.  One never knows it may happen some day.
      July 9, 2002 8:19 AM BST