Introduction; my first post

• 3 posts
    July 9, 2002 8:19 AM BST
    I suppose that I started like everyone else.  I began at a very young age to dress up in my mother's clothes and was probably too innocent then to know what it was really all about.

I really began to wonder when I srarted dressing in my sisters underwear and I can remember her sexy little supsender belt which I used to put on with her black stockings and panties.  Ever since then I have dressed up on and off.  Marriage I thought would cure me and it did for a while but when my wife and the childreen went away I started again.  After many years I now dress quite regularly and have a secret wardrobe stashed away.  I am still very much closeted and dearly wish I could declare myself in public.  One never knows it may happen some day.
    • 539 posts
    April 13, 2002 1:55 AM BST
    This seemed like the best place to start.  It is wonderful to finally find a place for people like me...

I started dressing rather late (I was about 24).  I bought two pairs of panties and tried them on, and it immediately felt right.  Before this, I definitely had not fit into many traditional male roles (for example, I hate sports, and I prefer cooperation to competition).  As a child, I often related better to girls, and I was picked on a lot.  Although I did not start dressing at that time, I do remember playing around with my mother's nail polish when I was about 8, so maybe that counts as a start date.

After discovering panties at age 24, I gradually accumulated more women's clothing of all types; now I have a small closet packed full.  I have lived alone since I was 17 (and I love it), and the concept of relationships just does not appeal to me, so I can dress at home as much as I want.  For the last three or four years, I have never worn men's clothing at home (unless I am about to go out or am expecting someone).  My progress has been somewhat slow, however.  I have not yet tried makeup or shoes.  (I will be checking the makeup tips here; it is about time to start.)

Although I have never felt any guilt related to this, and I have never purged a single item from my wardrobe, I did not begin to fully understand this until about two months ago, when I finally decided to explore the issue on the Internet - that is how I discovered TrannyWeb.  I have a very strong feminine side, which I am ready to explore fully, but I also do not feel like my masculine side is 100% wrong - perhaps, psychologically, I am some of each.

I am still mostly in the closet. So far, I have told only one person - a friend I have known since childhood.  He is a tolerant type, and he has been accepting.  I will also tell my mother soon; I do not believe she will have a problem with it.  Maybe she will even help.  She always wanted a daughter - little does she realize that she already has one!

I guess this is enough for now.  Hopefully this is the first of many posts.  It is wonderful to find out that there are others like me out there.

Love,

Heather
  • April 13, 2002 9:11 AM BST
    Hi Heather

Welcome. I think we are all a mixture of male and female, indeed I think the whole of humanity is a mixture. The key issue is the proportions (psychologically as well as physically  :)) and to be happy with your own proportions.

Its good to have friends you can talk to about all aspects of your life. Hopefully you can find friends here to.