Eeek! So now you see me...

• 734 posts
    April 9, 2008 10:52 PM BST
    Hiya,

Well, the main problem is that I just don't think about taking photo's. Of me or anything else. For example, I spent - oh, so many years ago, lol - about 5 years in the army and have, just about, five photo's covering that entire period!

And on top of that, whilst I have a mobile phone with a camera - so NO excuse - it just refused to talk to my pc. They did'nt get on.

Finally, the other day, I joined the 21st century and got broadband - yippee! And tonight when I plugged my mobile into the pc - just to torment it really - it magically found an update for the pc's phone software and - hey presto! - they've kissed and made up

So I had a quick snap I'd taken a couple of days ago, not brilliant but it'll do for now ['Though in real life I do look a lot better than that, honest! lol]

The other reason I decided I should really get a recent photo up somehow was my icon. Don't get me wrong, I liked my icon and I'll miss her. But other people were also using her [that icon turned out to be SO unfaithfull] which, coupled with an unhealthy dose of that C_Nile virus, meant I was reading posts and trying to figure out when I'd posted something I'd completely forgotten about! Took me a few minutes to realise I was'nt reading one of my posts!

So there you go. Don't blame me if you turn into a pillar of salt...

Much love

Rae xx
    • 1912 posts
    April 10, 2008 1:32 AM BST
    Hey Rae, thanks so much for putting up a pic. I think most the gals basically look at it in the sense it makes you real, puts a face with a name. In the forums I always look at the photos to narrow down what i'm looking for or like you find my old posts. Your photo is great, thanks.

Marsha
    • 236 posts
    April 10, 2008 1:54 AM BST
    Hi Rea.
    What you telling me your not a camera tart ? LOL that places you firmly in the minority.
    Its nice as Marsha says to actually put a face to a name.
    My Icon is about 1 year old now when I bother to take another one I will put up a more current one.
    I only take any photos if I am at some event/ social gathering and the last two I attended I never asked anyone to take a pic of me guess I am becoming camera shy.
    BTW shows you are not a ghost.

Sarah.X
    • 2017 posts
    April 10, 2008 12:07 PM BST
    Hi Rae, nice to finally see you!

I'm the complete opposite to Sarah I think, I don't have any photos of when I go out since I never think to take a camera with me, besides which, I'm having too much of a good time to bother about photos!!

Lovely to put a face to your name though.

Nikki
    • 734 posts
    April 10, 2008 2:42 PM BST
    Hi all,

Thankyou so much for the lovely replies, it does feel good to have my photo up. In an unexpectedly strange way it's made me feel much more part of the TW family as opposed to someone just popping by to comment here and there. - Another good reason for people to post their pics!

[actually, to be brutally honest, I just really needed an excuse to break through the '100 post barrier' ]

Much love

Rae xx