Main page

Tags : None
  • This morning I noticed that when on the main page it appears as though I am not logged in, and the bar across the top says, "you are not currently logged in", even though I am and I can do anything as normal. It's only on the main page as all the others work fine.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      May 11, 2008 8:49 AM BST

• Hi,
    I've had much the same thing ................ If I'm checking to see who's on-line at the moment, very often I'm not on the list.
    I know that there can be a delay for the system to up-date, but, sometimes, I can have been on-line, and logged in for quite a while, yet I still don't appear on the list.
    It's not a "major" hassle, but it shows a small problem with the system.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      May 11, 2008 9:13 AM BST
    I get it too, when I first come on I have to enter my password and then when I click on the enter button for some reason it takes me to edit your profile, when I get to the bottom it says ok so I click on that and it brings up profile.

So now when come on and it asks me to log in I log in then click on the whole load of writin and delete it up to the end of .com the press enter and it works.

Sorry if this seems long winded but couldn't think of other way to write it.
    Wen I'm good I'm very good but wen I'm bad I'm better.
      May 11, 2008 10:09 AM BST
  • 2 2627
    Everything seems to work untill you try to enter a post. Than it tells you you have to log in.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      May 11, 2008 11:32 AM BST
  • I must confess that the reason you have all been taken to the "Edit my profile" page in the last week has been because we wanted more people to fill out more of their profiles and presenting the profile editing page after login is a standard way to do that.

If you don't want to fill out any more then you don't have to. The normal menu bar is at the top of the page so you can still go anywhere from there.

Anyway, it was only for a week and I've changed it now so you get taken to the main menu page, as before. It'll probably happen again in a few months time so now you know, you won't be surprised.

As for the other problem with appearing to be logged out when you are actually logged in, that could be down to a corrupt cookie.

If you are running Windows XP, shut down your browser and go to C:/Documents and settings/YOURUSERNAME/Cookies. Delete all cookies. Then restart your browser and log in again.

I'm not sure how to do this with Vista or other operating systems but maybe someone else can enlighten us.

Huggies,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      May 11, 2008 1:54 PM BST

• Hi Katie,

Thanks for that, but I'm on Vista, so if you get some info re: Vista, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      May 11, 2008 3:11 PM BST
  • By the way, regarding your not appearing in the "Girls online now" list, someone else asked about that very recently. Please take a look at this thread...

http://gendersociety.com/[...]986809&

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      May 11, 2008 3:33 PM BST

• Hi, Thanks Katie,

I Knew about that thread, but as I said, at times I can be logged on for, maybe up to an hour, and still not appear on the list.

It's not a major worry, but, since Nikki brought up the subject, I thought I might as well mention it !

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 11, 2008 4:19 PM BST
  • Thanks for letting me know. I'll mention it to Eric the programmer.

Hugs,

Katie x
      May 11, 2008 4:33 PM BST