Has you account been disabled?

• 2127 posts
    May 14, 2008 4:15 PM BST
    Hi girls,

Now I did say that there might be a few bugs in our new software upgrade, which was installed yesterday and today, but I didn’t think that 216 completely innocent members would have their accounts disabled. However, that’s what’s happened.

If you received a message telling you that your account is disabled, please ignore it.

I’m very sorry about this. It wasn’t me – honest! It was the software which got a bit confused and ran amok. We have now identified the problem and fixed it so it won’t happen again.

I have also now reactivated all the accounts that were affected.

Please accept my apologies. You can now log in as usual.

Most of the new features and improvements are not yet visible but they will start appearing gradually over the next few days.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 112 posts
    May 14, 2008 4:35 PM BST
    Thank's Katie, Wondered wat was happneing thought the credit card payments had bounced.
    • 315 posts
    May 14, 2008 5:30 PM BST
    Thanks Katie,

As you know from my eMail to you from my "drab" account, I lost a Long "Blog Posting" when I tried to actually post it, so I'll try and re-do it now.
    Glad to hear all is back "up and running"!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 2127 posts
    May 14, 2008 5:36 PM BST
    Sorry about the post you lost. One little trick I often do to prevent things like that from happening, is this...

I write my forum or blog posts in an email program like Outlook, spell check it and then copy and paste it into the submission box on the site.

That way I always have a copy which I can delete as soon as my posting has successfully appeared.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 315 posts
    May 14, 2008 5:40 PM BST

Thanks Katie,

I'll remember that next time.

Hugs, Angela. xxx.
    • 1083 posts
    May 14, 2008 6:50 PM BST
    Katie--

**Maniacal laughter**

You can't get rid of me that way, my pretty!

My account seems to be fine--now, if this will post....

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 2017 posts
    May 14, 2008 7:47 PM BST
    Thankyou for sorting that out so quickly Katie, I did wonder what crime I had committed to be hurled off the site!!

Nikki
  • May 16, 2008 4:49 PM BST
    Hi Karen,
    I didn't have any problems with my account. But then again I'm not a "Completely innocent" girl. he...he...

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn

PS LIke some of the new features. Wonder why the security code entry when posting blog responses was needed. Were we getting spam posts?
    • 171 posts
    May 16, 2008 6:23 PM BST
    Katie
    Have I been disabled? Don't know, but I've been unable to post on my Blog or respond to threads. Don't know whether this will work yet....
    Do your recent changes affect people who run Safari on Apple Macs?
    Thanks
    Rachel
    • 171 posts
    May 16, 2008 7:49 PM BST
    I am now corresponding with myself - How sad's that!

Katie - the problem with my Blog, is that when first opened, I don't get the opportunity to chose differing fonts, colours etc. When I type, it's white onto a white background. Kinda tricky! If I post the blog, then I'm allowed to edit it and the fonts, colour options etc re-appear. Sorry must be quite boring for anyone else to read this...
    Rachel