Embarrassing Moment

• 2627 posts
    June 18, 2008 9:41 AM BST
    I went in to have a CAT scan done yesterday.
    You lie on your back & go through the scanner. The tech put a sheet over me & told me to pull my pants down to my knees. I have to go every three months & never had to pull my pants down before. So normal mode of dress for me is nylon panties. But since I was coverd with a sheet I felt it would be OK. When she told me not to move & was sliding the table back & forth somehow the sheet fell off. I had my arms up over my head so couldn't do anything to catch it.
    All I could do for the next ten minuts while she took pitchures was lay there in my panties feeling very exposed.
    Embarrassment came when I saw how she was looking at me when she was done, A very wierd grin on her face.
    • 871 posts
    June 18, 2008 11:11 AM BST
    oh dear, lol
    • 1912 posts
    June 18, 2008 11:56 AM BST
    One of those old sayings is make sure you change your underwear daily, you never know when someone else might see it.

We all have had those embarrassing moments, for some reason you just seem to have more than your share.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 10 posts
    June 18, 2008 2:39 PM BST
    karen look at the bright side nurses see every one at there worst usually and if they have been on the job a while have probably seen it all before
    • 2017 posts
    June 18, 2008 3:09 PM BST
    Karen, I have had a similar experience and no one even looked twice. You can wear what you like you know.

Still, it was funny.

Nikki
    • 1083 posts
    June 18, 2008 9:21 PM BST
    Karen--

That's funny--sad in a way, but funny.

Try going in for a physical and forgetting that you have a bra on. Try hiding that! (Been there, done that...would much rather have been caught in panties....)

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    • 2068 posts
    June 18, 2008 10:42 PM BST
    Oh dear oh dear......lol

Lol xxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 374 posts
    June 19, 2008 10:48 AM BST
    Oh my! That was quite funny Karen! I would have been embarrassed myself, even though being a nurse she's probably seen it all. And by the way, wearing nylon panties was not illegal the last time I checked (unless you were committing a crime while wearing them)!

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 2017 posts
    June 19, 2008 1:13 PM BST
    This reminds me of something my wife said to me the other day, when talking about our girly holiday next year.

"What are you going to do about the tan lines?"

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    June 19, 2008 1:22 PM BST
    Karen,
    That will teach you to make sure you are wearing the pair that says "Tuesday" next time.
    • 2627 posts
    June 19, 2008 8:43 PM BST
    What were some of your most embarressing moments?
    Come on everyone tell.
  • June 20, 2008 12:20 AM BST
    HI Karen,
    For me, it isn't one embarrassing moment. And since I realized I'm TG, it is no longer embarrassing.

Basically, while in "male mode", I was quite often referred to as mame or miss, Wether it is at the store, movies, bank, on the phone, etc. I used to be self conscious about it, but now I'm tempted to say "Thank you, you just made my day".

Funny how a change in perspective shifted my concern to enjoyment.

As for recent events, forgetting what mode I'm in (not full time yet), and using the wrong gender lavatory for how I was dressed.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn

BTW: Have a new summer look and picture.... now to lose some weight.
    • 2627 posts
    June 20, 2008 12:34 AM BST
    I noticed the new pic. Very nice!!
    • 2463 posts
    June 20, 2008 1:55 PM BST
    I think I've done more than enough of that!!!!
    • 2017 posts
    June 20, 2008 2:25 PM BST
    Meredith, you're the Queen of this moments! They could make a movie out of your life at the museum.

Michelle - regarding the toilets, yes, I have done exactly that too! You just have to keep going once you've started though.

I find it more embarassing to have to use the male toilets, because everyone is staring at me!!! I haven't used them in ages now.
    • 24 posts
    June 24, 2008 12:27 PM BST
    Hi Karen
    had to have a ctg? test (heart rate etc) before an operation a couple of years ago, didn't know that they attach pick ups to your ankles as well as chest & arms & I was wearing stockings under my male pants, nurse smiled, said "what have we got here?" & turned her back while I got them off & tried to think of an explanation, came up with a lame thing about keeping legs warm while riding motorcycle in winter, just got another smile
    hugs Terri
    • 3 posts
    June 24, 2008 5:44 PM BST
    Going out to a club and passing completely, had a friend do my makeup to hide my beard, and was dancing really shaking it and I shook a fake boob out of my dress, Then just to make a total ass out of my self when I went to the bathroom to put it back in I went into the mens. Needless to say mortified doesn't being to cover it.
    • 1083 posts
    June 24, 2008 10:55 PM BST
    I've had a lot of embarrasing moments; that's life in the Mina lane. This one stands out as a winner, though...

I was heading home from a funeral. Heading back through Beautiful Downtown Burbank, my suitcase and I got vetted together. (It happens.) The poor guy--who was Polynesian, about 6'6" and 260 pounds of muscle--told me to stand in the little box while he opened up my suitcase and rummaged through my bras, panties, a pair of knee-hi hose that I had worn, and a few other femme items (including my trusty Lady Norelco). He wisely decided not to play in the dirty clothing pouch. I mean, this looked like a woman's suitcase, no doubt about it, right down to the scarves I had been given from my late aunt. After much rummaging around, a few questions and a slightly closer examination of my personal person (with eye-makeup, lipstick, and freshly done nails) they let me through. I walked on through to the security checkpoint, my head held high.

Panic? Nah. I actually felt sorta sorry for this poor Governmental employee person that had to look for some sort of illegal chemical or illicit drug in my `lil `ol suitcase (okay, so it's a full size, hard-sided silvertone Samsonite, and thus, little it ain't) at 6 AM. All he found was typical Mina clothing. Had he dug a little deeper, however, he might have found my nail lacquer, some body crème, and a few other femme items.

**giggles**

Well, okay. He did get a very good look at my pink satin nightie, too…!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    • 1 posts
    June 24, 2008 11:04 PM BST
    I had one recently: My wife calls up and asks if I could go pick up her prescription before closing time. I'm very comfortably dressed at the time so I have about 30 minutes to change and drive 5 minutes to the drug store and proceed to get her medicine. As I'm going to pay for it in the drive thru lane I notice that I never took off my nail polish. OH _ _ _ _! Fortunately it was a lite shade of pink and I moved my hands very fast in and out the car window but I think I saw an eyebrow raise a little.