Great Thinkers?

Tags : None
    2 2627
    STEPPING in dog poo might be a thing of the past thanks to a new policy being introduced in one UK park.

Mansfield District Council has decided to spray the excrement with bright pink die in an attempt to cure the problem of messy pavements.

The idea is to shame owners who fail to clean up after their pets and also help walkers avoid stepping in the waste.

The project at Oak Tree Heath nature reserve in Nottinghamshire is being launched as part of National Poop Scoop week.

LAKEHURST, N.J. — Police have heard many excuses from suspected drunk drivers over the years.

But police say what they heard from a Toms River man is one for the books: He told them he was driving around until he was sober enough to go home, fearing his mother would know he was drunk.

But before he could make it home Monday, police say 36-year-old Edward Defreitas crashed into an ambulance, causing it to overturn in the Route 70 circle in Lakehurst.

Defreitas is being held in the Ocean County Jail on numerous charges, including aggravated assault, drunk driving and drug offenses.

<p>Karen Brad</p>
      June 26, 2008 10:09 AM BST
  • I remember, think I was about six years old.
    Walkd out the garden gate, trod in a pile of dog poo.
    I was standong on the verge wiping it off onto the grass.
    Mu day walked out the gate, trod in the same pile of dog poo, I looked up, and said I just done that dad.

He screamed you dirty little bugger, picked me up and rubbed my nose in it.
    Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      June 30, 2008 11:56 AM BST