Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Happy JULY 4th Girls!

Happy JULY 4th Girls!

Tags : None
  • I'd just like to wish ALL our sisters on the other side of the pond, a very HAPPY july 4th. Hope you have a great time!!

Lol XXXXXXXXX
    Anna-Marie
    "When the world gets in my face i say HAVE A NICE DAY"
      July 4, 2008 1:26 AM BST
  • Hugs, we couldn't have done it without you, lol.
    Love,
    Marsha
      July 4, 2008 1:41 AM BST
  • 2 2627
    Thanks hun!!!

<p>Karen Brad</p>
      July 4, 2008 4:24 AM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    Happy birthday to our American girls. Hope you have a good one! I believe you may be having a tea party to celebrate!

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      July 4, 2008 10:17 AM BST
  • Y'all know me to be an Anarchist, so in honor of the 4th, I am wearing my IWW shirt to work.

The IWW - Industrial Workers of the World - is a radical labor organization founded in Chicago in 1905. While the federal govrenment tried to decimate this group during the 1920s, the IWW still exists to this day.

Apparently, fighting for the rights and freedoms of the working class is seen as poison to the land of the free and home of the brave.

Mere
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      July 4, 2008 1:42 PM BST
  • SOME THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT 4th. JULY, U.S. INDEPENDENCE DAY .....................

(well, our American sisters probably know most of these, but on this side of "the pond" we probably don't !

1. American Independence was actually declared not on the 4th of July, 1776, but two days earlier. The 4th was the day the Continental Congress formally adopted the document of declaration.

2. John Adams, one of the original signatories, and the 2nd US President, predicted that "the Second of July ........ will be celebrated, by succeeding generations, as the great anniversary Festival".

3. John Adams and his successor, Thomas Jefferson, both died on July 4th, 1826 ......... exactly 50 years later.

4. James Munroe, the fifth President, also died on the 4th of July ............. in 1831, in his case.

5. The only President to have been born on the 4th of July, was Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933).

6. Another 4th July birth was that of George Everest, after whom the highest mountain is named, in 1790.

7. The 1996 film, Independence Day is in 18th place on the list of highest-grossing films of all time, just behind Spiderman and ahead of Shrek the Third. It's total box-office revenue currently stands at $816,969,268 (more than £400 million).

8. "We have killed more people clebrating Independence Day than we lost fighting for it" ............. Will Rogers, US Humorist.

9. The only original signatory to the Declaration of Independece, to actualy sign it on the 4th of July, was John Hanco*k, who's name has now become a euphemism for a signature.

So, all that just leads up to me wishing all our American sisters a Very Happy 4th of July !!!
    Enjoy whatever celebrations you're having or attending.

Mere .................... keep up the "good fight!!" .......... Never let the Bas**rds grind you down !!

Hugs,
    Angela. xxx.

ps. I just tried to post this, and it was rejected as "Containing Unacceptable Content" ( the "uncensored name of the only signatory who signed on July 4th.!
    Imagine having a name that a computer won't accept !!
    Angela.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      July 4, 2008 4:49 PM BST
  • Hi Anna Marie-

And all you other girls, as well. Thank you for the good wishes.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      July 4, 2008 7:36 PM BST

• Happy July 4th to all our American sisters!! Have a fun and safe weekend!!

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
      July 5, 2008 9:45 AM BST