Strapless bras

• 2017 posts
    July 13, 2008 10:54 AM BST
    I have always been a little wary of these, having no boobs of my own to fill them, and for the most part have been able to avoid them, worried that they might not hold everything in place very well without slipping. However, yesterday we were out shopping and my wife bought me a lovely blue summer dress, but when I tried it on in the changing rooms we realised that I would have to use a strapless bra with it.

Oh dear!

Anyway, my wife ran off and bought one and to my delight it worked fantastically! It didn't slip at all and held everything properly and left me wondering why I was so concerned about it. (Bad experiences from GG's to be perfectly honest).

So if you need one, get one, even if you don't have your own breasts they will work on you without difficulty, and the best part is, it opens up more options in your wardrobe!

Nikki
    • 1912 posts
    July 13, 2008 12:18 PM BST
    You are absolutely right Nikki, a strapless bra is a necessity in every wardrobe. Not just for formal evening gowns, but for tops with spaghetti straps or other delicate straps. Many are sold as convertible bras and include straps that work with haltertops, cross strapped or conventional tops.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 404 posts
    July 14, 2008 4:01 PM BST
    Nikki,
    I'm not sure what you're using as 'boob-substitute',but I've found that
    the double-sided adhesive tape sold (eg in Karstadt- haberdashery department) to hold bits of clothing in place will also help to hold your boobs in place in a strapless bra. (The tape won't support braless adventures though)
    My experience is that even on a hot,fairly humid,summers day-and we've had a few recently- a strapless bra does all that it ought to.

Ciao
    Lynn H.
    • 2017 posts
    July 14, 2008 8:46 PM BST
    It's not so much about having a problem wearing one Lynn, it's about having some GG friends who had some embarassing incidents in them so that made me wary. However, in practice, my fears were unfounded.

Nikki
    • 1083 posts
    July 16, 2008 5:46 PM BST
    Nikki--

In my part of the world, a strapless bra isn't something that we avoid...it's a necessity!

Like you, I had my doubts until I got one. Now the thing is used mostly for summer outfits, low-cut dresses and tops.

I will say, however, that a bra-fitting is indespensible, so you get the right one to start with.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
  • July 17, 2008 6:00 PM BST
    http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/dressing-up-solutions

Hi hun

try this site. I've got a couple of strapless. like the other girls say. an essential
  • July 17, 2008 7:14 PM BST
    I have a much worse problem than that . we are on the subject of bras here. I can't seem to buy and have any bras for myself strapless or otherwise. My girl friend always takes my bras and uses them for herself and then never returns them. she also never replaces them either. I buy good quality bras usually too and when she wears them I can literally kiss them goodbye forever. Why is that you ask because she buys herself the cheapo bras that give her no support at all then when she tries one of my bras on it is all done I never see it again ever.
    I think she is totally damn jealous of me because I have better fashion sense then her. Well she admits that freely that she has no sense of fashion at all. However she won't learn a damn thing from me. If I go out to buy her something and pick it out for her she usually returns it and takes the cash. A shame huh?
    • 315 posts
    July 17, 2008 7:30 PM BST

Hi WynonnaRose,

I've read your other posts here in the Forums, but didn't reply to any of them, so far, as the other girls were giving you good, solid and considered advice, so, really, I had nothing new or different to add.
    However, I have to re-iterate what's already been said in another thread, that this "situation" re: bras bring up again.
    You have to take control of your own life !
    If your girlfriend is SO anti your dressing, outs you to everybody without your permission, belittles you, and "steals" your clothes, and other things, you have to ask yourself, "Is this who I want to spend my life with?"
    An honest search of your own thoughts and feelings may well be the best thing you can do for yourself, at present.

If you can't, or won't, take control of your own life, you'll find it increasingly difficult to do anything for yourself, be it "dressing" or anything else.
    Is your relationship with your girlfriend more important to you than your own happiness?
    I don't want or mean to be "hard", but sometimes difficult situations have to be faced. Maybe, that is what's required here.

If I've been harsh, i apologise, but my comments are made with the best of intentions ............... your happiness!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
  • July 17, 2008 8:13 PM BST
    Angela.
    Yes I do have some hard decisions to me i my life as to my personal relationship. I have left several time with intent to stay gone but my gf likes to play the guilt game a lot and I just keep falling for it. I guess my heart is too big for its own good. I do not think you are being at all harsh in your statements to me. I think you are being yourself and I think you are giving good advice. I think my problem is I fear being alone and lonely and I just feel I don't want to go through my life in transition alone with no support or not influence from another female. I have been told though many times Angela that to be a success story in transition as a TS one must never attempt to transition with a gg in your life especially one who doesn't accept nor approve of it. I know I don't need validation or acceptance nor approval as this is my own life but I'd like to at least know I have someone on my side going through this important journey in my life. I am for the most part upset with her outing me everywhere she goes to people she meets. I have talked to her about it many times but I can't stop her from talking about me to others. Many times she does it when I am not there and for the most part it is all done behind my back. The reason I even know about it is because she brings it up to me that she has been telling others about my being the way I am and wanting what I want for my life. I think she does is to make me fearful on purpose of coming out publicly and to keep me from dressing femme and going out in public. I think she also is jealous and sees me as a threat because she knows I look better than her when dressed out in femme mode.
    • 315 posts
    July 17, 2008 8:56 PM BST

WynonnaRose,

"I have been told though many times Angela that to be a success in transition as a TS one must never attempt to transition with a GG in your life"

WHO THE H*LL TOLD YOU THAT PILE OF SH*T !!!!!

I've never heard such a piece of rubbish !!
    Whoever told you has absolutely NO idea what they're talking about !!

If you read a lot of posts here, you'll quickly realise that quite a number of us here are in very happy, long term relationships/marriages.

Please STOP listening to those who know nothing about what you're going through.
    Your girlfriends attitude and behaviour is doing you "no favours" either!
    We here can't tell you what to do, and we'd never try to, but, have a close look at what's going on around you, and decide if that's what you really want.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 1083 posts
    July 17, 2008 10:40 PM BST
    WynonnaRose, hon--

Angela's right.
    "I have been told though many times Angela that to be a success in transition as a TS one must never attempt to transition with a GG in your life"
    That is a load of crap, dear. While I have no intentions--right now--of "finishing" (i.e., SRS) my transition, I have gone really far with the GG I married. I don't mind living as a Non-op MtF; I live mostly as a woman and am quite well adjusted. Having my SO to bounce things off of is a blessing, not a curse.
    "Please STOP listening to those who know nothing about what you're going through. Your girlfriends attitude and behaviour is doing you 'no favours' either!"
    is just a blunt way of saying
    "...your GG GF is holding you back. Since you are not married, and since she is so worried about how she is perceived...perhaps you need to examine that relationship. Your own mental health is important, and as a TS you need to take a certain amount of care of yourself. (It is different when you are married, as I am.)"

You're not alone anymore, dear. While we are not there physically, there are some 23,000+ of us here online. There are real-time support groups in or near your area, I am sure.

Go buy a new bra, and don't let her near it. Don't even let on you have it. And let's get you securely on your journey toward womanhood. By joining Trannyweb, you've joined us on our journey!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura