Head-hunted?

• August 6, 2008 11:02 PM BST
    Recently I was invited to join a new tranny website. The invitation, from a member of this site, ran as follows:

"Hiya Cat hope you are well. I have a new tgirl website of my own now that is proving very popular. I would love you to visit us there. The address is ... We're usually there 8pm til late."

This was followed by another invitation from another member of this site:

"If you want a giggle, chat room by invitation only ..."

I visited the front page of this new site. It's for transgendered girls and guys and their friends. It's a place to meet, chat and interact in a positive friendly and supportive environment. Or so it says. I couldn't take a sneak peek because to get past the first page you have to register.

Now this struck me as rather odd. Why would anyone want to start another tranny website when we've got our own site already? It's by invitation only so maybe it's an attempt to create a pure chatroom free of disreputable characters.

Of course, there's room for lots of different sites out there. Maybe competition is a good thing. But for me, there's only one place I could call home.
    • 2463 posts
    August 7, 2008 12:55 AM BST
    I was invited to join one or two other sites, which I checked out. I never went back. Like you, this is my home.
    • 2358 posts
    August 7, 2008 9:21 PM BST
    head hunted? you make it seem as though its a race to poach people from this site, I was asked to join this site by freinds who were also members of other sites, and in turn I brought more freinds here. But before that I belonged to one site for nearly 7 years, and appreciated the support
    and help and advice people there gave me. A lot of which I brought here when I joined, leaving the other site because of a number of abusive and mentally unstable members.

Perhaps you were invited to the other site in the mistaken
    assumption you had somthing to offer, I admire you loyalty to TW, but its no big deal.
    • 1083 posts
    August 7, 2008 9:32 PM BST
    **sighs**

I belong to more than one site. I run my own TS site. So what? Big deal.

I'm here because I like it here better than some other sites I've been to. I'm not looking for certain things that some of those other sites offer...but I am a member there nonetheless.

Ladies--we need to band together and stop a lot of petty bickering if we are going to move forward with things. I'd like to see a world where we can move freely as the women we are, where children don't have to be afraid of us, and where we can live, work, and play openly.

Being b*tchy to each other does not help to create the positive energy required to make those changes start happening...seems to me it's time to put the big girl panties on and deal with the fact that T-web cannot possibly offer everything to everybody, though goddess knows Katie sure tries.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    • 2068 posts
    August 7, 2008 10:39 PM BST
    why the attitude justine?......try takin your head out of your own butt for once. If thats the way you feel , then go.....you'll not be missed

Anna-Marie
  • August 8, 2008 6:45 PM BST
    Thats not very nice Anna-marie, I would certainly miss Justine.
    • 2017 posts
    August 8, 2008 9:05 PM BST
    Ladies, please keep the thread on topic and don't revert to bitching, it isn't nice for the other members and particularly new ones to see. If you really HAVE to say something to an individual, PM them or something but keep it PRIVATE.

As far as being a member of more than one site, great, go for it, since they offer different things to different people. Don't forget Katie has TW AND Trannymates for that simple reason. It's okay to be a member of more than one place.

Justine asked me to look in on her site and I certainly will because she is a good friend. Along with Meredith Newton she was the first person to welcome me to TW and I shall never forget that. (Those two have no idea what they unleashed on an unsuspecting world)! I'm also a member of a German site in order for me to get to know some local girls. TW however, is a special place for me and it always will be which is why I get so involved. It will always come first but it doesn't mean I can't look at any other site. I certainly don't have a clash of loyalites.

Nikki

• 530 posts
    August 8, 2008 9:48 PM BST
    Over the last seven years or so, since I got online, I have found and joined and left many sites.
    I am still a member of a few, and drop in from time to time. I have made some friends there, and they aren't TW members, so I go visit them instead, even if the site itself is not to my taste.
    The rest I found not to be what I wanted personally, so I have 'unsubscribed' and left.
    TW does have all I want, so I've stayed, and am very loyal in promoting it.
    I see no problems in being a member of several sites simultaneously, only in being an officer in more than one.
    I also received an invite to Justine's site, went and looked, but could do little more at the time, as it was still under construction. I will be going back, and might (shock-horror) even join.
    Whether I do or not is irrelevant here, Justine is a friend, and I fully support her in her new venture.
    • 2068 posts
    August 8, 2008 10:19 PM BST
    Mags, i am sorry hon.That remark of mine was ill-thought out & uncalled for. If its upset anyone else then all i can do is hold my hand up and say sorry.

Lol xxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 23 posts
    August 10, 2008 1:56 PM BST
    I see nothing ever changes here....

Cat,, I think it's OK for friends to have their own little spot...

There is no competition... just friends getting togather,,,, Like no one uses MSN or Yahoo!!!

Trannyweb is a Great place but you girls need to stop this bickering!!!

all thoughts and ideas should be respected!!!!