Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » In search of a moderator...

In search of a moderator...

Tags : None
    "... had offered to mod this one but was told that they wanted a medical professional to moderate this forum..."

In the absence of a willing, able and otherwise available 'medical professional' I would certainly ask TW to accept we can't all have what we want and we work with the next best thing.

And in my small opinion, the next best thing to a bona fide 'medical professional' for a hormone thread has got to be Professor Marsha Ann, alumni of the University of Life, affiliated to the Centre for Damned Hard Work and Research.

In fact my REAL opinion is that the best a 'medical professional' can do is to be her assistant moderator.

I know - and I know most of you girls know - Professor Marsha has incredible determination and capacity to research, learn and present complex information in a clear way.

There is no question that she's the best girl for the job.

Over to you TW...

;)

Rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      September 4, 2008 11:12 PM BST
  • OMG Rae, lol. Here I was busy typing away a response to that other thread and telling the forum administrator she has no business moderating the forum, then you post this. Sure I wouldn't mind being the mod for this forum, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I THINK WHOEVER MODERATES IT SHOULD ATLEAST HAVE A CLUE ABOUT HORMONES AND ACTUALLY BE EITHER A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL DEALING WITH HORMONES OR A TS GAL HERE AT TW WHO IS CURRENTLY UNDER A DOCTORS CARE RECEIVING HRT.

I hope I made my point.

Hugs,
    Marsha
      September 4, 2008 11:32 PM BST
  • Just a reminder to certian people that this is the 'Hormone ' forum and not the ranting one. In future any non relevant post will be edited or moved as appropriate. Please keep the thread on the subect.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      September 5, 2008 8:27 AM BST
  • While I understand the need to ideally have medical professional here, how likely is that? Have we had one yet for this forum? I am happy to have the forum moderated by someone like Lucy, Marsha or Dani who have or are going through it all themselves.

I don't anyone here is stupid enough to try to treat them as an 'expert' on the matter and start self-administering based on what they may have said but we have a disclaimer to prevent any comeback should someone be that foolish.

If we can get a medical professional, great, but at least one or more of the girls here could also moderate it since we have more chance of speaking to them directly and getting answers a lot quicker than someone who drops in once in a while.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      September 5, 2008 8:55 AM BST
    Whilst I happily wave the flag for Marsha, - Lucy and Dani would be equally as good.

Sounds like we already have a Dream Team in residence ....

Much love

Rae xx
    [always the diplomat ;) ]

[Nikki: I'm still having no joy replying to pm's and I've lost your mail addy! (Also note you're looking forward to Paris - you're not stalking Ms Hilton again are you???) ]
    www.raekelcou.com
      September 5, 2008 1:13 PM BST
  • Dear people--

Some sort of moderation is needed in this forum. There's been waaaaaayyy too much heated debate going on in here; the kind that should be found in, say, the political forum.

Enough already!

While I agree that hormones are not candy (though I do support the concept of OTC hormones, oddly enough), the changes they bring are permanent after anywhere from 6 months to a year. Some of us that are under care for hormones may never stop taking them--and as of right now, I am one of those, and while I have no regrets, right now the cost is steep for a girl who's short on work with no medical benefits.

Would it be nice to get a medical professional to moderate this forum? Goddess, yes--but I don't see it happening, especially since it would be a volunteer position at best.

I'll support any capable person or persons who is (a) taking hormones and understands the risks, dangers, and side effects as well as the benefits, and (b) who will work to remind everyone here that this is serious stuff--hormones are a medically supervised substance, after all--and you really should be under a doctor's care for same.

Anything less would not only be a joke, but dangerous.

Marsha, Lucy, and/or Dani would be great choices for a moderator here. I certainly don't want it; I'm happy in Tranny Psych and can do the most good there.

Finally--Betty, none of us get paid to make TrannyWeb good. We do it because we want to. I certainly don't get paid for my time! If you want to leave here and go help Anne make her site better...feel free to do so. Forum posts get deleted primarily because they have become inflammatory in nature, or are viewed as as spreading either advertising or something that is generally viewed as not good for the community as a whole. As a moderator, we are given the right to watch over our respective forums or chatrooms by Katie...and none of us abuse that privilege. If we did...I can safely assure you that Katie would disarm us rather effectively.

Dr. Mina Sakura
    Living as the woman I am!
      September 5, 2008 4:32 PM BST
  • Hi all,

Sorry I've not been about much recently, Ive been busy spending the money I earned last month making Tranny web good. Its all spent now sadly, frittered away on clothes, shoes and chocolate, so Im back to earn some more.

No disrespect to anyone, especially Wendy, you do a great job (hope your feeling better?) but when bad things happen and for whatever reason, the mods cant mod, would it not be an idea to have a few extra mods to cover the shortfall?

I know its not a populus vote thingy, but if it was I would vote for Marsha Ann. The reason is that in the absence of the ideal, a solid, no nonsense, tell it like it is gal like her is a blooming good alternative.

Enough already of the thread hijackers, who only seem to want to point out that they have, been there before you, done it better, had it worse, and can sell you something that you never knew you needed, but you just cant live without.

Please can we extra moderators to mod these threads with people who really have been there and done that, and are able to communicate their experiences in a level headed way, to give solid impartial advice, and who care enough to want to take on a mostly thankless task?

Moderators! enough is never enough
      September 5, 2008 6:00 PM BST
  • I emailed Sarah offering my services for moderating this forum if it helps. I am ever so close to being Dr Lilienne now, and while this is in psychology not medicine, I am obviously a full time girl and have been on hormones for around 20 years now, so I know a thing or two ! Up to Sarah I guess, but I agree it needs modding and soon !
      September 5, 2008 6:15 PM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    I’d also like to offer my services to mod this forum, a particular area of interest to me. I’d be extremely happy to work alongside any or all of the other wonderful girls who have volunteered or been suggested.
    xx
      September 5, 2008 6:21 PM BST
  • While the decision as to who will be a moderator on this important forum must remain, of course, with Katie I strongly agree that 3 or 4 experienced members sharing the Forum would be an increased safety factor. This is one reason why we have three Forum Administrators, because no one volunteer can possibly cover ALL of TW Forums 24/7 or be right on every decision. Having backup is safer and less stressful and will make it more likely that we keep those moderators and avoid them burning out and quitting. It will also give the front of more authoritative figures to give the message of caution that will increase safety for our readers by causing them to think hard about their decisions and the ramifications thereof. All of the suggestions appear to be solid candidates with experience in this area and more than average knowledge, but you know better than I and you should probably contact Katie yourselves with your suggestion and choices.

I also want to apologize for associating any of you with the "Gang of Five" cultural counterrevolution by not censoring your posts. I'm fear I may have damaged your International reputations. (Oh, I can't tell a lie, I don;t fear that the least bit.) Well I'm off to read my copy of the Little Red Book: The Flirtations of Chairpersons Malo Wang Choo.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      September 6, 2008 6:59 AM BST
  • ***WARNING!!! WARNING!!! MINA'S ON HER B*TCHBOX AGAIN!!!***

**sighs**

Okay, Little Miss Mercury's out of it and proud of it.

Who is this TrannyWeb gang of five, and why does it seem so bloody important to some of our more...vocal...membership? Who are these people? Are they the "they" in "That's what they say?"

Have I missed something here? Is this a tranny revolution? Can anyone join, or is this a political/editorial board thingy that is like the Illuminati, and is secretly controlling the world as we know it? Or at least thinks they are...?

Or, do I simply need a blonde wig because I'm just airheaded (or bullheaded might be a better term) enough to not notice these things? (Much less care about the existance of an alleged group that may or may not exist?)

This may be off topic, so you can e-mail me with the answer(s). Perhaps we should have a little contest for the best answer. But since it has popped up at least twice in this thread, I think some answers are due to the uninitiated.

Which, apparently, includes yours truly.

So, somebody please spill the beans...because this enquiring mind wants to know.

As for my international reputation...

**giggles**

Honeys, I have got some news for you all. There's a very good reason my tagline says "Almost-Angel"...and there's not much that anyone here can do or say that'll change that. (The joys of being one's own website goddess has a little to do with that.)

The Momma has a shirt that says "Do Not Start With Me. You Will Not Win." Which means I come by my b*tchiness fair and square. It's an inherited trait...!

Meantime, for goddess's sake, get a moderator or three in here. Safety in numbers and all that.

But not a gang of five, I guess. Three should be sufficient.

Luv 'n exasperated hugs to all,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt

Please refer all discussion on the Gang of Five topic to the Polly Ticks Forum thread by that name, thank you so very much.- Comrade Wendy
    Living as the woman I am!
      September 6, 2008 7:33 AM BST
  • With regard to some full time girls to moderate this forum, I agree it is too much for any one person, plus the time zones and holidays (since they are allowed a social life too), also get in the way so they can't always be there.

I would therefore suggest that at least two girls moderate it, one from the US and one from Europe since that is also our two biggest catchement areas. As for who, of course that is Katies choice but I have the utmost respect for any of the girls who have been named here as they have demonstrated their knowledge of the subject time and time again.

Can we select someone soon though please, as this is a well used forum and shouldn't be left unmoderated.

Nikki
      September 6, 2008 10:35 AM BST
  • I have heard the term before, but really don't know who the alleged 5 members are.

It has been suggested by "vocal" members in the past that 5 individuals on this site ganged up on them and made life impossible for them, I won't mention who these "vocal" members are, but if there were 5 people ganging up on them, I suspect they were just voicing the feelings of us all.

It may be nice to know who the 5 are though, so that if nothing else we can congratulate them
      September 6, 2008 10:42 AM BST
  • I was under the impression that Sarah Connor was head of the forums and therefore the one responsible for electing new mods - did I get it wrong ?
      September 6, 2008 10:44 AM BST
  • No you didn't get it wrong Lilienne, that was just me being dumb by saying it was Katie.

I'll blame it on the late night/early morning = lack of sleep, that I've had.

Nikki
      September 6, 2008 10:55 AM BST
  • I hope Sarah will not mind me using my superpowers to add just one more post here. It’s interesting to hear about this gang of five, this Trannyweb Mafia, who apparently run our community.

I would be most interested to find out just who they are and also why some people think they wield so much power.

However, having said that. It’s not difficult to be part of the team that runs Trannyweb. If you want to be involved and hopefully, make a difference, then please just drop me a line at [email protected]. Who knows, you could be part of the next gang of five!

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      September 6, 2008 10:28 PM BST