Who ARE the infamous "Gang of Five"

• 1195 posts
    September 12, 2008 3:10 PM BST
    Hey I take exception to the blanket accusation about mods.
    I mother a forum and I just follow the guide lines and make sure everyone behaves including myself(that's the tough part).
    Back to the diversionary tactics - that Gang must be outsiders.
    hugs and such
    Gracie
    • 2573 posts
    September 6, 2008 10:38 AM BST
    ....and WHAT IS their nefarious agenda? Who can reveal this darkest of secrets.

Well Minako, the reason YOU don't know is you have to swallow an awful lot of garbage to find the key to ending your ignorance. You must ask yourself, "Is this worth the effort or would only a hard working administrator or addicted forum reader be willing to waste such time. I could give you an answer, but I might be hiding the real truth in a deception. Far better if others reveal the Fair Five's dark identity. I'll give you a hint, I think i was one of the last to know. And don't think I'm not grateful.

Back to the Little Red Book "The revolutionary must learn to swim among the t girls like a woman in a shoe store."
  • September 6, 2008 10:46 AM BST
    I just responded to this in the other forum, Wendy, you may like to move my response here where it is more appropriate
    • 2573 posts
    September 7, 2008 6:14 PM BST
    I'm sorry, Lilienne but after more than half an hour working at it I don't seem to be able to access the menu for that...perhaps because the thread is suspended.....but the Gang of Five is behind it, I'm almost certain.
    • 2627 posts
    September 7, 2008 8:49 PM BST
    Sarah told me once she could move a thread but not a post.

This gang of 5 is that anything like the Da Vinci Code?
    A secret society that runs TW with out anyone knowing.
    If we start searching will we be able to find clues scattered around the site?
    • 2573 posts
    September 8, 2008 4:11 PM BST
    C&D,
    To the best of my far distant recollection, you are referring to THE SECRET SEVEN.
    • 2127 posts
    September 8, 2008 5:41 PM BST
    Could they be members of the ultra-secret Trannionic Society, which some of you with long memories may have a distant recollection of?

They were a small group of rich and powerful TG people who had an agenda to put the world to rights while pushing their TG cause and helping each other in business and many other areas too.

It is said that they went underground several years ago and disappeared into the shadows.

However, it is rumoured that they do still exist and that their members now wield much power in TG circles throughout the world - a kind of secret Masons for trannies.

Of course, I am not a member and I don't know anyone who is, although I have had my suspicions.

Does anyone else remember them?

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 171 posts
    September 8, 2008 6:27 PM BST
    I always struggled to understand why Enid Blyton created The Secret Seven as they didn't appear to be much of a difference between their adventures, age, social background, ethnicity, etc, etc and to those undertaken by The Famous Five? OK, well one of them was a Dog, I grant you that...

But surely the most famous Gang of Five have already been recorded for posterity?

or perhaps;

• September 8, 2008 6:29 PM BST
    Carren and Danique, if we are getting literal, the gang of five were a group of politicians in the chinese cultural revolution, as Mao's influence was reducing, their's was on the increase. Mao's wife was one of the five. After Mao's death they were executed by the government.

I am doing all this from memory - I'm sure Meredith will correct me if I got some details wrong !

So we can only assume that either
    a) the chinese are invading or
    b) there are allegedly 5 high power individuals pulling the strings at TW, maybe illuminati indeed !
    • 1083 posts
    September 8, 2008 7:43 PM BST
    **sighs heavily**

I'm starting to be sorry I asked...and, I am still no closer to an answer. I know the truth is out there...c'mon, 'fess up.

Katie, luv--

I know I shouldn't admit to this because I know they'll find me again, but I do remember the Trannionic Society....

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    • 734 posts
    September 8, 2008 11:09 PM BST
    I'm being incredibly lazy here by not rechecking my research, but I seem to remember some anti-enid blyton writings that painted her in a very unpleasant light.

Anyway, back on topic, who are the TW gang of five???????

I really want to know!

Much love

Rae x

Definately a gang of one.
    • 2463 posts
    September 8, 2008 11:22 PM BST
    In China, it was the Gang of Four, not five. Yes, Jiang Jing, Mao's wife, was definitely a leader in that group.

The Great Proleterian Cultural Revolution was not a revolution at all, but, as Lilienne was pointing out, an attempt by Mao to keep his power. Mao suffered series setbacks to his, and the CCP's image, through disasters such as the Hundred Flowers Movement and the Great Leap Forward.

Madame Mao used this movement as a way to strike at her enemies, havIng been long neglected by the Chinese Communist leaders. Upon Mao's death in 1976, as Lilienne said, the Gang of Four faced serious punishment for their actions.

I am trying to be as brief as possible about this. Take my Asian history class sometime as I spend a LOT of time on Modern China.

As for the TW Gang of Five, you'll have to pardon me if I'm not losing any sleep over it.
    • 448 posts
    September 8, 2008 11:44 PM BST
    That's one interpretation of Mao, Mere. China is on its way to being the greatest power in the world. Stalin made Russia a major power, as the United States is finding out to its detriment. One empire is replaced by another. Do any number of deaths count in the greater scheme of things.Unless you're a victim, of course. I've never heard of the five or seven. But I remember the Gang of Four, one of the best bands of the eighties. And of course, that other Gang of Four, scabs and traitors to a man, and woman.
    • 1912 posts
    September 8, 2008 11:52 PM BST
    Geez, let me guess, this is the politics forum. The gang of 5 are 5 rogue republicans; Sens. Lindsey Graham, John Thune, Saxby Chambliss, Bob Corker and Johnny Isakson, who decided to take it upon themselves with 5 democrats to try and set U.S. energy policy.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2463 posts
    September 8, 2008 11:53 PM BST
    I LOVE the band Gang of Four!

Porscha, it is true that Mao used the GPCR to reaffirm his hold over the country. Aftter the failures of the Hundred Flowers and the GLF, the party experienced a sharp division. One centered around Mao, the other around Liu Show-Chi'.

Mao proclaimed that "to live revolution is to make revolution," to supposedly keep the revolutionary spirit alive. In reality, what Mao succeeded in doing was getting his competition to turn on each other.
    • 1083 posts
    September 9, 2008 1:17 AM BST
    Ladies--

So...I've learned that TrannyWeb has a Gang of Five, China had a Gang of Four, there's a band called "Gang of Four", Chicago (the band) has a song called 25 or 6 to 4, and The Question that begat the Answer of Life, The Universe, and Everything was "What do you get if you multiply six by nine" (the Answer being 42),

**grins**

Star Trek/Voyager had Seven of Nine.

Anyone here mind having a figure like that, minus the facial hardware? I wouldn't!

However, this does not answer the "Who" part of the question. Who is the infamous TrannyWeb Gang of Five?

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    • 773 posts
    September 9, 2008 5:14 AM BST
    "To hell with poverty,
    We'll get drunk on cheap wine"

-Gang of Four 1983-
  • September 9, 2008 9:11 PM BST
    "...and WHAT IS their nefarious agenda...."

Need you ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is of course "WORLD DOMINATION"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are continuing what Enid Blytons' "Famous Five" started!!!!!

• 2573 posts
    September 10, 2008 3:19 AM BST
    Anyone can have a figure like 7 of 9. Just find the corset she wore under that jumpsuit...........and reportedly disposed of (by burning?) immediately after the show ended. It was apparently quite uncomfortable.

Remember the struggle of the urban transgeritariot is a political struggle.
    • 315 posts
    September 11, 2008 8:49 AM BST

The "in-famous 5" search now seems to have moved into the world in general !!!!!!!!!!!!

A few minutes ago, with the Breakfast News on TV on in the background, whilst checking eMails etc., I heard that someone has "resurrected" Enid Blyton's most famous characters, and written a new episode in the series of stories "The Famous Five Survival Guide".

The book is being published this week.

Maybe there will be some clues there to help in the search for their identities !!!
    • 1083 posts
    September 11, 2008 4:24 PM BST
    Okay, I give up. Allow me to explain why I asked the question in the first place, as we have gone so far off the beaten path it's gotten rather funny....

See, I've been around here quite a while now. I've seen ladies and admirers come and go. Quite a few, actually.

I know Katie, with her ownership of this website, is pretty much in control. She trusts certain of us with overseeing forums, chatrooms, and so forth. That is part and parcel of running a website this large with all the bells and whistles it has. One person cannot do it all. (Sorry, Katie--I know you're superhuman, but you do have to sleep sometime. )

So, when I hear certain disgruntled parties talking about a Gang of Five lording it up over people, it gets me to wondering, that's all. I do become concerned, because Katie has worked pretty hard here over the years to make TrannyWeb what it is...one of the largest and best TG/TS websites on the web. I don't want to see a disgruntled party/parties creating so much hate and discontent that others get their feathers ruffled and go elsewhere. Granted that some do..others have, and still others will. Some also come back, eventually. That's the nature of the beast.

We've all seen some of the catfights that goes on in here. And when they get shut down, it's usually for the good of the order. They've gotten pretty ugly at times. Part of that is that, writing like this, there's no body language, and no voice inflection. For example, as I write this, my vocal tonality is **soft and gentle**. I am concerned, not **yelling and screaming**.

My main reason for asking who this gang of five is mostly my curiousity. Seems to me that Katie is in charge, and every one of us that is a moderator is responsible to her, as well as the group at large. If someone oversteps their bounds, Katie will let them know. I know it's hard for certain disgruntled parties to buy that, but...it's true. The rules here are spelled out and obvious.

To do anything otherwise is bad for business...and while this is a labor of love, it is also a service that is provided. We need to remember that, and we need to play well together in Katie's wonderful online world.

I'm done for now--

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 734 posts
    September 12, 2008 12:27 AM BST
    Well, I have to confess that in my own pov the Gang of Five don't actually exist outside of one or two minds.

That said, of course, I think the theory and myth of the Gang of Five's existence is brilliant and we should all embrace it, adopt it and endorse it!

When things are'nt going well with our posts, we can all nod sagely and say 'mmm, the Gang of Five are up to their old tricks again'.

When Katie wrongly takes on the responsibility of TW 'outage', we know its really part of the GoF's master plan and she's just being made the fall girl.

In fact, as my own personal testomony and evidence of their sinister existence I offer you two points:

Firstly, I started a perfectly valid thread in another forum here at TW. It ran well and was actively supported. Out of the blue it was suspended. The reason given was that '...it should be moved to the General Forum but does'nt belong there as the topic is relevant here...' Now, that kind of doublespeak is classic GoF - and clearly they hijacked Sarah Conner's profile for that post. [There is no way the sweet and innocent Sarah could be tied up with such a nefarious group!] These are truly powerful people.

Secondly, many Moderators here will deny their existence. Of course they will. Covert research by the London School of Internet Manipulation has indicated strongly that the TW Gang of Five are made up exclusively of Forum Moderators. And whilst they would remain silent, individually, regarding membership those Moderators who failed to make it into the GoF - they just did'nt cut the ice - would be vocal in their dismissiveness of the group. I think we've seen this happening here.

The truth is out there - but that doesn't matter, because the Gang of Five are in here...

Much love

Rae xx

• 136 posts
    September 14, 2008 4:41 AM BST
    "Of course they don't exist!"

Reminds me of something I heard in my high school. (which had an unusually large number of students of Italian descent) I, who am not of Italian descent, asked one of my Italian friends about the Mafia. The response I received was something like, "That's just a myth, there is no such thing."

Katie,

I do remember reading about the "Trannionic Society". It was in the June 2003 edition of the Tranny Tribune.