Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Chewing Gum to Enhance Breast?

Chewing Gum to Enhance Breast?

Tags : None
  • 2 2627

Chewing gum can 'enhance breasts'

Pueraria mirifica is full of active chemicals
    A chewing gum which the makers say can help enhance the size, shape and tone of the breasts has proved to be a big hit in Japan.
    B2Up says its Bust-Up gum, when chewed three or four times a day, can also help improve circulation, reduce stress and fight ageing.

The gum works by slowly releasing compounds contained in an extract from a plant called Pueraria mirifica.

In theory, this helps to keep the muscle tissue in good order.

Pueraria mirifica, also known as Kwao Krua, is a species found in Thailand and Burma.

It has long been used by indigenous hill tribe people as a traditional medicine.

The plant's underground tubers contain a number of chemicals called phytoestrogens - natural compounds which mimic the effects of the female sex hormone oestrogen.

These include miroestrol and deoxymiroestrol, which are believed to exert a particularly strong effect, as they are very close in chemical structure to oestradiol, the main human oestrogen.

B2Up says that it is the effect of these two chemicals, coupled with a third phytooestrogen isoflavone, which makes its gum so effective.

It cites tests carried out by Thailand's Chulalongkorn University which found Pueraria mirifica therapy was able to enhance breast size by 80%.

Further tests carried out in England found that the plant had a beneficial effect on the skin, and hair, as well as the breasts.

The company also markets different Pueraria products, including pills, and tea.

The gum, which comes in rose flavour, has proved so popular that there are plans to start selling it in convenience stores.

Scepticism

Claire Williamson, of the British Nutrition Foundation, said research had suggested phytoestrogens may be beneficial in post-menopausal women in terms of reducing menopausal symptoms, and may also have beneficial effects on risk factors for heart disease and osteoporosis.

A role in breast cancer has also been suggested.

But she said research had suggested that isoflavone supplements are not as effective in managing menopausal symptoms as isoflavone rich foods such as soya.

Furthermore, consumption of isoflavones may need to be life-long in order to have beneficial effects on postmenopausal symptoms.

"So there is clear evidence of the potential health benefits of consuming isoflavone-rich foods such as soya, however consumption in the form of a gum has not been extensively studied and such products may be simply another food gimmick."

<p>Karen Brad</p>
      November 11, 2008 9:19 AM GMT
  • What do you girls think about herbal hormones? Have you found them to be helpful or hurtful? True or False? Fact or Fiction? Hoax or Reality?

hugz
    Avery
      February 18, 2009 3:09 AM GMT
  • 2 2627
    From what I've read thier not worth the paper thier wrapped in.
    High cost & little if any results.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      February 18, 2009 8:57 AM GMT
  • In answer to your questions, Avery:
    False. Fiction. Hoax.
    This applies to any “alternative” to estrogen which is the only substance that will give you good feminisation and proper breast growth. It’s also much cheaper than any “herbal” I’ve ever seen, and very probably safer. Recent medical research in the UK has shown several of the common ingredients in these herbals to be alarmingly toxic and also carcinogenic.
    Estrogen causes feminisation in humans, herbs don’t.
    xx
      February 18, 2009 11:16 AM GMT
    Hi Avery,
    I tried herbal medicines for a year to grow my breasts.It was a total waste of money,they had no effect what so ever!!! The only way to grow real female breasts is with estrogen.I`ve been on estrofem for 7 months and my breast development has been amazing.I now have real female breasts and don`t have to wear enhancers anymore.Even my nipples have changed into female nipples.Having real breasts helps you to feel so much more femanine
    Michelle xxx
      February 18, 2009 6:03 PM GMT
  • Avery--

I had minor luck and growth with phytoestrogens...but only due my screwball physiology (and I suspect the amount I was taking, which was a fair amount). Notice the words "minor luck and success." I switched to straight-up hormones in December 2003 and have had much more success with estrogen. (You can read about my starting on hormones here, but promise to come back to this post when you're done, 'kay?)

This gum that is under discussion is similar to a substance I tried that I referred to as "Boob Mud." This stuff was a nice smelling cream that contains phytoestrogens. It smelled vaguely like cocoa butter, and was pleasant enough to rub on my chest. Did it work? Not really. The amount of phytoestrogens you'll ingest by chewing gum or using a cream is not sufficient to even grow bacteria. It sounds good, may taste/smell good, and the placebo effect may/may not kick in.

But the sad truth is that, if you really want a shot at breast growth, go see a doc and get a script for something like Estrogel or Estrofem. Chewing gum just won't do it.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    Living as the woman I am!
      February 19, 2009 4:33 PM GMT
  • Thanx Mina,

Yes I have read the majority of your website and that was one of the many things I learned.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Anybody know of any good doctors in the Richmond Virginia Area willing to prescribe Hormones? I will do what it takes!

Avery
    Avery
      February 19, 2009 7:10 PM GMT