Great make up

• 2017 posts
    January 20, 2009 1:23 PM GMT
    Just thinking about the current thread on make up, I thought I had to share these products with you.

Bare esscentuals (yes, it is spelt correctly) make absolutely fantastic mineral based foundations, blushers, eye shadows etc which are long lasting and look great. They may seem a little expensive but you hardly need any on each application since it covers so well, so they last a long time too. They are very natural looking and even have an SPF factor as well, which is no bad thing.

Check them out. http://www.bareescentuals.com - USA
    http://www.bareescentuals.co.uk - erm, UK

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    January 29, 2009 3:12 PM GMT
    Hi Nikki-

Thanks for the post and the link, I really like mineral based makeups myself. Though I've tried Bare Escentuals and like the product line, my favorite is Youngblood Cosmetics http://www.ybskin.com/intro.php. I was turned on to them by owner of the local salon where I regularly go to get waxed, plucked, spackled, primered, painted and otherwise refurbished. Like most good makeup it's a bit spendy at first, but a little goes a long way and it keeps forever. One nice thing about it, and for all mineral based makeup, is if you are out for an evening, or even going somewhere overnight or something, you can put a little of each product separately in one of those tiny little ziploc bags, then put the little bags in a slightly larger ziploc, and you don't have to pack your entire kit. All you need is a couple of brushes and the makeup which can all fit easily in your purse. You can even keep it in the glovebox of your car and not have to worry that it will spoil or go bad.

Hugs...Joni Marie
  • April 29, 2009 12:21 AM BST
    Try a product called "Dermablend" They sell it at Macy's usually and also they will match you skin tones and do your make-up for you as a trial thing for free, Its great for covering stuff normal make-up wont cover (Tattoo's, scars, the 5 o'clock shadow). Also get tips from the make-up sales person there on what brushes and pads to apply different types with for the best results.

What i used to do before i had laser hair removal done was apply the Maybelline Dream matte mousse as a base and then the DermaBlend stuff over it to make is smooth and blended, then I would do the rest of the makeup (Eyebrows, blush, eyeliner and lashes, etc)

Also there is a product out i cant remember the name of it but its like nair for your face, I haven't tried it back then but the make-up person at Macy's told me about it some months ago before the lasers
    Anyways I hope this helps and when i find out the name of that face hair remover i will post it up here

• 1980 posts
    April 29, 2009 1:51 AM BST
    Thanks, Melinda, I'd be interested in hearing about a depilatory that's safe to use on the face.

BTW, I noticed this is your first post, welcome to TW, girl. Please take a minute to say hi and introduce yourself on the Welcome New Members forum, if you'd like. Cute pic, hon.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2017 posts
    April 29, 2009 2:32 PM BST
    Hi Melinda, welcome aboard! Yes, Dermablend is great if you are pre-laser and although it seems a little pricey, it really isn't given how long it lasts. I used to swear by it as a cover up for that nasty shadow, thank god I don't need it now. Just a good foundation will do it these days, which is nice.

Nikki