Coffee Filters (Many Uses)

• 2627 posts
    February 5, 2009 6:35 PM GMT
    It's no secret how much I love my morning coffee. The best part of the day.
    But did you know that there are other ways to use filters.

1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.

2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.

3. Protect China. Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter between each dish.

4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the
    wine through a coffee filter.

5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent
    rust.

6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.

7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.

8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.

9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.

10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent
    the soil from going through the drainage holes.

11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.

12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.

13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc. on them.
    Soaks out all the grease.

14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great 'razor nick fixers'.

• 1980 posts
    February 5, 2009 9:03 PM GMT
    OMG, Karen. Thank you for such great ideas. And to think I only filter my coffe thru mine. Since I'm moving I love idea number three especially.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2017 posts
    February 6, 2009 3:24 PM GMT
    Plus, they make great hats too!!
    Okay, no they don't.

Nikki
    • 1195 posts
    February 6, 2009 3:32 PM GMT
    They make parachutes for wery, wery small people, too.

Gracie
    • 404 posts
    April 17, 2009 12:21 PM BST
    A couple of weeks ago I went to a vernissage in a favourite cafe.Amongst the materials the artist used to create her pictures and objects were..................used coffee filters.Life will never be the same again!

ciao

lynn H.
    • 2573 posts
    April 17, 2009 12:37 PM BST
    Karen,

Thank you. Since I don't use coffee filters because I don't drink coffee, you have now given me reasons to buy them. I often see them in grocery store discount carts when the boxes have been damaged. What I can't understand is why a cleaned and re-oiled cast iron pan would rust. Mine haven't in close to 40 yrs. However, I can see where that use could apply in many cases with other items....like in a gun case for long term storage or with other rust-prone metal items, like screws and nails or tools. Good post, girl.
  • September 28, 2009 8:16 AM BST
    Karen great ideas. Thanks lot

Stephenie