FInally! Went out in full dress!

• 2463 posts
    February 7, 2009 3:29 PM GMT
    Last night was definitely a milestone for me. I finally went out fully as Mere.

I have been out as Mere before, but not fully en femme. I am in Denver now visiting Josie. Last night we went to First Fridays at Tracks. I had on a nice burgundy dress, dark hose, full makeup, heels, etc. And it was all good. The heels did hurt a little towards the end of the night, walking on that hard pavement, but I finally did what I have been wanting to do for a long time.

Tonight we're going back out. Thankfully I brought a second outfit. You never know who you might run into.

No closing these floodgates!

Mere
    • 2017 posts
    February 7, 2009 6:07 PM GMT
    It feels GREAT doesn't it Mere? So natural. You know that this will be a huge turning point for you now and that it will harder and harder to venture out as anything other than full femme? I hope tonight goes equally well for you and I'm sure that you will have a great time.

There's no going back now! (and you wouldn't want to).

Nikki
    • 105 posts
    February 7, 2009 7:10 PM GMT
    Meredith:

So glad that the evening was all you hoped - I'm very happy for you, and I'm sure this evening will be just as great!

Hugs,

Judith

• 2627 posts
    February 8, 2009 1:01 AM GMT
    Can't beleave the timing. But I didn't wear a dress. I don't own a dress. Some skirts, yes. Lots of skirts.
    But good for you hun!!
  • February 8, 2009 4:42 PM GMT
    hi

well done for go going out dressed. I went out for the first time on christmas day only for a walk as a good friend who i was have christmas dinner with had brought me a dress for christmas.Atfer have set full dress for dinner so said we had to have a walk.It was great as i have be wanting to go out dressed but not that essay were i live.

xxx Christine
    • 2463 posts
    February 8, 2009 5:30 PM GMT
    I will blog about this later, but last night me and Josie were out at this local gay bar which was sponsoring a GLBT show. We met some of the organizers, and they introduced us to the crowd as being representatives of Trannyweb! Josie insisted I wear this out outfit that is, shall we say, a bit on the short side. I think she thinks I'm trampy,or something like that. What ever gave her that idea?

Nikki, you are right - it's starting to get difficult to go back to the "old ways."

Getting our last few moments together before heading off to the airport. More later. Bye!

Mere
    Feeling like a loose woman after the way Josie ravaged me
  • February 8, 2009 5:51 PM GMT
    HI Mere,
    Congratz! Sounds like you have made the next leap so to speak. Thats great news. Also sounds like Josie and you are doing quite well.

Now that you have been out fully dressed as Mere, I bet your appetite for "cute outfits" is heightened. Beware my TW sisters, Mere's other name - LDB Ninja was because she was after another sisters Little Black Dress (LBD). So girls, lock up your LBD's!! (lol... sorry Mere).

Hugz ,
    MIchelleLynn

• 1195 posts
    February 9, 2009 12:26 AM GMT
    Horray for you -
    There's no turning back now.
    Hugs
    Gracie
  • February 10, 2009 1:55 AM GMT
    Glad to hear your evening out went so well!!! I have not yet gone out and I am jealous LOL.

I am hope to get out dressed in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for this post it is encouraging

• 2463 posts
    February 10, 2009 3:23 AM GMT
    Michelle, the MSS (Meredith's Secret Service) has NOT given up on obtaining Kendra's elusive LBD!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your well wishes.

I guess now I am irritated about having to go back to the "other way." Now my resolve to go full time has increased.

I remember how upset I was a few years ago when I was visiting Karen Brad. Then, like now, I hated the thought of having to go back to pretending. Since most of the people in my life know anyway, I guess I better speed up the process. After all, I see my doctor again this week, and we will be moving forward with an endo at that point.

Mere
    • 181 posts
    February 11, 2009 3:15 PM GMT
    Mere, I'm so proud of you , you go ! Listen I user a lot in church . I know all about working in a pair of heels . You might want to invest in the "Foam - Inner soles that Dr. Schols make or the cheap kind from Wal World . They might make the shoe tight but they work fine for me . I'm so glad your evening out as a Cinderella went so well too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ellen S.
    • 2 posts
    February 19, 2009 12:24 AM GMT
    thats almost! i have never been out to a club before in femm, but would like to. My first time out was a few months ago to Macys! It was so thrilling heart pounding in excitement i was in full femm just had a lovily time talkin to the girls at the counter about make up and trying on different outfits. I had a few stares but so what they may have been checking me out. Its really exciting can't wait for the next step, glad you had fun! muah Catlin
  • March 25, 2009 5:42 AM GMT
    Mere,
    I was just wondering how much time passed until you decided to take that big step to go out fully femme and whether you did it in stages? I have been out for drives fully dressed but I have never stopped and gotten out of my car. I give you a lot of credit girlfriend for summoning up the courage to take that first step. Hopefully one day I'll get the courage to do the same.
    Kisses,
    Sindy
    • 2463 posts
    March 26, 2009 2:36 AM GMT
    Sindy,
    To answer your question, it went in stages.
    • 6 posts
    April 27, 2009 2:20 AM BST
    Congratulations Mere

I have been willing to do the same but I have not had the courage, I believe it is easier if you have someone to come along with you, so please tell me, what did it feel like?, I am dying to do so, but I am so afraid of being ridiculed for it.

When I live my home I wear all my girl stuff underneath sweatpants then I slip into a dress or a blouse and skirt once I am on the road. I have never been outside the car nor have I worn makeup and a hairstyle so I have to do it at night to avoid recognition, I would like to do it outside and get to walk on my heels (not to high though). My most warm congratulations I know it takes a lot of courage to do it.

Robin
    • 2573 posts
    April 27, 2009 7:09 AM BST
    Mere,

I missed this in February as i was on vacation. Congratulations, Girl!

• 83 posts
    April 29, 2009 8:00 PM BST
    Congrats on going out en femme! I've not been that bold yet. I've been out many, many times in sportswear as Ann, but the most I've done is wear capris, a cute lacey top, heels, makeup, jewelry and hair done. I've not yet done a skirt or dress in public. It would be so nice to go out with a friend, too! Maybe someday!

Hugs,
    Ann
    • 1980 posts
    April 29, 2009 9:26 PM BST
    Uh, Ann, not meaning to split ends...I mean split hairs...but that sounds pretty much like out to me. I looked all the through the Tranny Handbook including the supplement and I didn't see any thing that says you have to be in a skirt or dress to be considered "out", so congrats, girl!

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 1980 posts
    April 29, 2009 9:30 PM BST
    And, Meredith, dear, I am so sorry, but it looks like I totally forgot to say congratulations to you. The first time is the best, most special feeling in the world, isn't it? Like a weight lifted. Best of luck to you, girl.

Hugs...Joni Marie
  • April 29, 2009 9:57 PM BST
    Really pleased for you Mere...still a dream for me, but I'm a regular under drab...one day

Sandra x
    • 83 posts
    April 30, 2009 4:36 AM BST
    Joni,
    Lol, well I don't really know enough about all this then... lol I was going by what a Drag Queen told me... I didn't look girly enough, he said, without a dress... but that was before I knew the difference between a Drag Queen and a Tranny... my gay cousin eventually filled me in.

Ann
    • 1980 posts
    May 2, 2009 2:23 PM BST
    Oh honey, if it were up to drag queens it'd all be sequined ballgowns and opera gloves and rhinestone tiaras just to go out and get a loaf of bread and a quart of milk.<lol>

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 181 posts
    August 13, 2009 4:25 PM BST
    Whew Meridith, don't ya feel better now with all that guilt thrown off yer back ? Yes , I can relate to the heels , I keep a pair of flats handy for that reason too. I've never gone to Colorado , probably never will. but I hope you make the best of your stay . Hey go enjoy the day in some " LOW HEELS ---- SHOPPING !!!!!!!!!!!! Ellen S.
  • August 14, 2009 1:43 PM BST
    my first time out was a jump in the deep end thing...about 7/8 years ago...gang of girls I'd been chatting online decided to meet up in Manchestre to see a Ladyboys show...what was I thinking of!...so I said OK...where to meet...said by concert hall...got there and no sign of them but plenty other folk...oh well...deep breath and out of car...in leopard miniskirt, heels and blouse as it was a warm evening...walked too fast up the stairs to the info desk...down the stairs and very conscious of heels tapping on the concrete and car parks echo!...round the hall and finally found them on the crowded patio of the bar...had a great evening with them but not too bothered about the ladyboys...
    • 430 posts
    August 23, 2009 7:54 AM BST
    Sorry it took me so long to reply Mere, you know me I disapear for months & years at a time, but congratulations!

I hope everything is going well for you and that you have made it out many many times since.

As for my first time..... I dont really remember, but one of my earliest childhood memories was climbing up to the top of the clothes line wearing a beautiful "Alice in Wonderland" inspired dress that I stole off a doll. I remember being yelled at by my mother for climbing the clothes line and then ripping a little whole in the sleeve. I wouldnt let her take the dress off me while she stiched it either. So she had to stich it while I was wearing it!
    • 114 posts
    October 3, 2009 8:12 PM BST
    I think it amazingly cool that, even reading something like this 9 months later, it is still possible to feel excitement for the person for whom it occurred.

Have you been back out, Meredith?