On top of it all, then this........

• 2463 posts
    February 24, 2009 10:39 PM GMT
    On top of all that is going on, I was held up by gunpoint this morning! I had a mere 35 cents on hand. They didn't even look in my bag, where they could have stolen a DVD of "2001" for pawning. They took the battery out of my cell phone so I couldn't call the cops, then disappeared.

Jeez, what next?
    • 1912 posts
    February 24, 2009 10:56 PM GMT
    OMG Mere, big hugs and I'm so glad you are safe. Years ago I was robbed at gunpoint, it is something you never forget, but you will get over it. More hugs.
    Love,
    Marsha
    • 2627 posts
    February 24, 2009 11:38 PM GMT
    WOW!!
    Be carefull.
    I was 16. working at a gas station, when this guy walked in looked around than pointed a gun at me.
    It was a big black revolver & I could see the bullets. That pitcher will never go away. I can still see it as though it just happend yesterday.
    During my drug years on the street I've had nurmerous guns pointed at me but they never had the impact that that first time had.
    • 1083 posts
    February 25, 2009 7:49 AM GMT
    Geez, Mere--

If you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!

Glad to hear you're okay--I'd hate to think we might've lost you.

Having been on the wrong end of a gun a few times myself--if you want to talk, pm me and I'll listen.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 2463 posts
    February 25, 2009 2:09 PM GMT
    I did call the Police to make a report. The officer on the line was very helpful. But, while I was not physically hurt nor anything stolen other than my phone battery, a gun was still involved, so some police came to my door to further speak with me. They were all very nice.

So, all I can do now is put this behind me. Am I moving out of this neighborhood? I have no idea. I am waiting on what might happen with a few opportunities, and this is the first time in almost two years since I've here that anything like this has happened.

Today is going to be interesting at the museum. I think there might be a promotion opening.

Mere
    • 1980 posts
    February 25, 2009 3:54 PM GMT
    Meredith, I'm so glad you're okay.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    March 7, 2009 7:31 AM GMT
    Wow, Mere, I know that feeling. Someone attempted to rob me at gunpoint a few years back and, yes Karen, I could see the copper jackets on the bullets and it will never go away.

A trick I learned in NYC was to carry "mugger money" so some crack head doesn't shoot you for being poor..........it's a crime in this country you know.......to be poor. About $20 should do it.
  • March 7, 2009 3:28 PM GMT
    I'm damned glad I live in England. "Muggers money???" I've never been robbed, I don't know any one that has been either!
    To quote Wendy's signature " A life lived in fear is a life half lived" There is much wrong with the european union but at least we don't live in fear.
    I'm appalled that so many of you US girls have not only been robbed, but at gun point!

Be careful out there,

Becca
    • 2573 posts
    March 8, 2009 12:29 PM GMT
    Rebecca,

Hon, I wasn't robbed, it was an attempt. He spent two months in Critical Care and I'm not living in fear....just a few tense seconds. I would just as soon not repeat it, however. This is what happens when you live in a "bad" neighborhood.
    • 1980 posts
    March 8, 2009 2:36 PM GMT
    Joni, knowing a bit about Wendy and her capabilities, simply snickers. What, Wendy, only two months? But Rebecca is also right of course, not everyone is capable of taking down an armed mugger. We all do need to be careful, especially girls like us. May the Goddess always walk by our sides and keep us safe. It's a hard, cold world out there.

Hugs...Joni Marie