Eli Stone's Transgender Episode

• 2127 posts
    March 10, 2009 10:56 AM GMT
    Hi girls, last night's episode of Eli Stone was quite interesting. The storyline saw the prophet lawyer representing an FtM Priest who had lost his job because he changed his gender from female to male. Eli, played by British actor, Jonny Lee Miller (Trainspotting) handled the situation with great respect and of course, won the case.

Strangely though, I believe the series, which had been hailed a huge hit, was cancelled abruptly in the US right after this episode, about halfway through season two. In the UK we are a few weeks behind but at least we'll get to see the missing episodes.

By the way, Eli is on the Sci-fi Channel on Monday evenings in the UK and you can still see scenes and even whole episodes on the ABC web site here...

http://abc.go.com/primeti[...]istone/

How odd though, that Eli should be axed right after the TS show, when the rest of the series was already completed. Am I putting two and two together and getting five or could there be a something in this?

Hugs,

Katie x
  • March 10, 2009 10:13 PM GMT
    You're right Katie, it was canceleld abruptly here in the US and without any real reason. It was critically acclaimed, the ratings had rebounded after every network show had taken a downturn folllowing the writer's strike that left the networks confusing everyone as to when something actuallyu aired on what day, what time.

I at the time, it was in November here that Eli went away, found myself thinking they got scared. The program was produced for ABC, which is owned by the Disney Company and they have in recent years faces protests from some on the far right. I suspect in the downturned economy they just did not want to chance another boycott and Eli was quickly replaced with holiday shows and started fading away from our memory.

At just about the same time another ABC show, called "Dirty Sexy Money" which in fact featured a transgendered actress, also went away.
    • 2573 posts
    March 11, 2009 10:45 AM GMT
    Interestingly enough, for a while the "Gay television on demand" "here!" was available all over the US except in.....CA, where it was produced. Explain that one to me, please.
  • March 11, 2009 5:56 PM GMT
    I never saw the show so I really can't say what the issue is here, however here in the U.S. TS, TV, CD is a very Taboo subject it os unforchanate but we have no rights a TS U.S. citizens we can be discriminated aginst Lawfuly, because ther is nothing in the civil libiteries law that says anything about TS, TV or other wise but if you were of a diffrent nationality except white all you have to do is yell discrimination and you get what you want. but that is anothere subject for another fourm.