Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Latest Tribune is out!

Latest Tribune is out!

Tags : None
  • Girls, in case you don't know, the latest issue of the Tranny Tribune is out! If I don't mind saying so myself, it's pretty darn good!

Enjoy! And don't be afraid to contribute.

Mere
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      March 16, 2009 1:28 AM GMT
    Mere,

Glad you created this post - it saves me doing so.

You know from my history that I have a deep interest in writing. We crossed swords on this a long time ago.

I Just want you to know that I absolutely love the Tribune - before you came along ;) - and adore it even more so with your stewardship :)

You're doing a great job.

It's a big job - the Tribune can be THE voice of the trans community. Thats where it's headed.

It has so much potential. And you're getting there.

So much love.

Rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      March 16, 2009 1:40 AM GMT
  • I thought the tribune was a free monthly magazine for all members? So whats all this cr*p about "Full members can read on here" If I'm only going to get access to part of each article I for one will not bother reading it at all.

Becca
      March 16, 2009 8:16 AM GMT
  • 2 2627
    I was also wondering about that.
    I don't think that's right.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      March 16, 2009 8:45 AM GMT
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    In these tough economic times we have to do everything possible to make our Full Membership option more attractive. If you read my recent "Trouble at mill" forum post at http://gendersociety.com/[...]705242&, you will understand why. Many of our Basic members have said that they see no reason to upgrade to Full Membership because all the services they are interested in are already available free to Basic members.

In the meantime, we are struggling to survive and the people who use our services the most are not contributing a bean towards them.

I'm sorry, but desperate times require desperate measures. If we are to survive the recession we need to make some big changes and having a library of useful articles for our Full Members is just part of it. It would be great to be able to give everything away free, but if we did we would disappear very quickly.

Over the next few weeks, as we gradually introduce our new look site, we will also take the opportunity to restructure TW. The changes we make will mainly be improvements for our Full Members and we will be introducing many new and exciting features.

I know people don’t like change but we either have to make these changes or go under so your support during this difficult period will be much appreciated.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      March 16, 2009 12:35 PM GMT
  • katie

all is understood!

I am gonna upgrade myself soon as I would never like to see this site fall to the wayside!
    Avery
      March 16, 2009 4:28 PM GMT
    Hard times or not I totally agree with you Katie.Why should basic members get access to everything when they contribute nothing finacially to TW.It`s about time full members got some extra perks.And I don`t care if you basic members throw your dummy`s out of the pram!! If your not contributing then don`t expect to be included in everthing!!
      March 16, 2009 5:33 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Your right we have talked about this stuff before.
    Basic membership should only get basic service.
    To say that basic members contribute many ideas & some great points is fine but that doesn't pay the bills.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      March 16, 2009 7:12 PM GMT

• Karen, you really couldn't have put that any better. To me, you only get out of something what you put into it...... if you contribute very little then you'll get very little in return.

Lol xxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    "When the world gets in my face i say HAVE A NICE DAY"
      March 16, 2009 10:59 PM GMT
  • I'd like to if I may, make a few comments on some things said in this thread. They are my OWN views and are not likely to change bassed on what I've read in the the forums over the last few weeks.

And before some of you full members throw your rattles and teddy bears at me, I was a full member for a number of years.

First of, (and lets not lose sight of the original topic,) well done Mere ! By far the best edition of the Trib in a lot of years. If you manage to keep up the growth at this rate, you'll be rivalling the glossy's in no time.

We have run out of money ! We are skint ! We can't afford... !
    Everywhere we turn we hear the same things. High street shops that have 100 years history are closed. Yet another production plant has closed down. This business has folded, that business has now gone. My point ? We are all in the same boat !

Basic members come to this site, they can browse the forums, pop into chat, read or create a blog, the same as they can do on 1000's of other sites. In fact the same as full members do ! Only now we can't read the Trib.
    Surely something that goes out to every single member, something that is the "public" voice of Trannyweb, something that is in essence Trannyweb's advert in cyber world should be free to read?

Basic members don't care about forums we can't read. We don't care about pictures we can't see, about chat rooms we can't talk in, or web sites we can't build. If we did, there would be no basic members here at all. What we care about is being looked down on because we can't afford to spend money on frivolities! (and yes, I chose this word purposefully.) We are seen as leechers and takers. It's fine if you want to offer something to members that can, and have the means to pay for it, but don't do it at the expense of the "little people" that helped build, and do continue to be part of the community. If you want an exclusive club, make Trannyweb.com a pay per visit site !
    live your life be free.
      March 17, 2009 2:02 AM GMT
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    Hi Sarah and welcome back. I think you may be going a little over the top though. The intention is not to make everything available for members only. We just have to get the balance right because it's obvious that the balance is wrong now.

Firstly, Basic members get too much for free and then tell me that is why they have no incentive to upgrade to Full Membership. There is no intention to look down on those who can't afford to upgrade and there will still be plenty available for them. We just have to make a few changes to get things right so that Full Membership can be seen as something that's worth paying extra for.

And secondly, we need to try harder to give our Full Members even more bang for their buck, so to speak, so that they will continue to remain Full Members.

Thirdly, we need to form a little team of membership officers who will be responsible for bringing in new blood and encouraging them to be Full Members. I believe that this could make or break Trannyweb, and it is so important that we will make sure that each of our Membership Officers is financially rewarded for every new Full Member they bring onboard. This could end up being a proper little part-time job for some of our more committed members. More details on this soon.

Going back to the original subject however, I agree that the addition to the Tranny Trib team, of Mere as Editor has made a big difference for the better. Well done girl!

Let's keep this thread on topic now girls. If you want to talk about ways we can get through this crisis or if you are interested in having a go at being a Membership Officer, then please drop me a line or send me a message via my profile.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      March 17, 2009 11:02 AM GMT
  • This is sort of a tough issue that in the end, I have to agree with Katie. I see Sarah's point that basic members should not be looked down on because they can't afford full membership, but that doesn't justify giving the site away free. There is no right to access TW nor an entitlement. It is unfortunate some can't pay but that will be the case in both good and bad economic times.

The "for the rest of the story" approach in the newsletter is an excellent way to boost membership. The newsletter is an advertisement for TW and shows off the quality of material available at TW. Bottomline, it shows why someone would want to become a full member. TW is not the first website to take this approach.

By the way, excellent job Mere.

Hugs,
    Marsha
      March 17, 2009 11:24 AM GMT
  • This month is a good edition again Mere, well done. I will get some articles to you regarding the forums in future, unfortunately, my hands have been tied recently, (not in a fun way either!).

Keep up the good work.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      March 17, 2009 2:34 PM GMT