Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Trannyweb's 10th Birthday

Trannyweb's 10th Birthday

Tags : None
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    I know it may seem like a long way off right now, but in December Trannyweb will be ten years old - on Friday the 18th to be exact - and it's never too soon to start planning.

Would we like to celebrate somehow? If so, what should we do? Should we perhaps hire Madison Square Garden or the O2 (or maybe Pink Punters) and have one huge party or should we have a number of smaller TW girly nights out all over the world?

What other ways could be celebrate reaching a decade?

Over to you...

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      April 1, 2009 12:59 PM BST
  • Of course we should be celebrating!! I think a lot of members would love to have a get together somewhere. that's all well and good for the UK members, but it would make more sense for the US girls to have a get together of their own, (not that they wouldn't be welcome to a UK one), the logistics for them are rather more tricky and costly but that's not to say something shouldn't try to be arranged. Mere has tried in the past and it proves difficult because of the distances involved I believe.

If there is something going on in the UK, can it be advertised as soon as possible to give those of us overseas a chance of getting to it?

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      April 1, 2009 3:08 PM BST
    Katie -
    Gee Wiz -10 years- wow- seems like only yesterday I found TW and haven't left. I chuckle to myself when I think of all the things I've learned, not only about myself, but of everyone who has stayed active.

I'll have to encourage a night out for Texas - Friday, December 18, 2009 or as you write it Friday 18 December 2009.
    thanks for the reminder. Party Time
    hugs
    Gracie
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      April 1, 2009 3:35 PM BST
  • How wonderful, and no, it's never to early to start planning a party, especially such a special one. If it were a wedding anniversary, the old timey traditional gift would be tin or aluminum and diamond jewelry as a more modern gift (hmm, wonder who got that change made?) so maybe the theme can center around one of those. As far as a get together, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all meet somewhere? How fabulous would that be? But practicality rears its ugly head once again, with so many of us all over the world it just doesn't seem feasible.

How about a particular time chosen on that day for all of us to send a hug to one another at the same time? Would that potentially overwhelm the servers? It seems like a nice symbolic gesture. Just a thought.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      April 1, 2009 4:16 PM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    Thanks girls. Please keep your ideas coming.

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      April 10, 2009 9:11 PM BST
  • Sounds like a party is in order - several in fact, so that we all can join in the celebraions!

Debbie
    A hug goes a long way
      April 11, 2009 12:15 AM BST