What Jesus just called me

• 2463 posts
    April 17, 2009 4:08 PM BST
    I took this online test the other day called "What Does Jesus Think of You?"

Jesus called me a selfish bitch. He said Josie was a square.

Does Jesus use such language? I would have expected better out of Him!
    • 1195 posts
    April 17, 2009 8:40 PM BST
    Mere
    Stay away from those tests - they're subversive.
    A few years back when the WWJD bumber stickers were the rage, I'd think to myself "Hmm, What Would Jesus Do?"
    Answer "He'd probably beat the snot out of you for plastering his name on the ass end of you automobile."
    Naturally it was just a thought.
    Too many of these red necks carry guns.

hugs
    Gracie
    • 2627 posts
    April 17, 2009 9:27 PM BST
    You should post the link for that test. If your a bitch I wonder where I fit into this world.

P.S. The Wings will go all the way!!!
    • 35 posts
    April 17, 2009 10:02 PM BST
    No Way Sis! Show me where that test was located?

avery
    [email protected]
    • 734 posts
    April 17, 2009 11:42 PM BST
    Lol, Meredith.

I'm sure you know these 'tests' are just a joke...

Rae x
    • 1980 posts
    April 18, 2009 12:24 AM BST
    Well, most guys that work in construction aren't known for the delicacy of their speech. I mean, he was a carpenter after all.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    April 18, 2009 2:51 AM BST
    I don't blame Jesus for Christianity. He was a good Jew, even if he didn't marry like a Rabbi should. I'm sure we would have gotten along fine. Shalom!
    • 2463 posts
    April 18, 2009 2:45 PM BST
    I'll do my best to find that link. Bear with me! After all, there is a chance I'll get called in to work today.
    • 1980 posts
    April 23, 2009 9:18 PM BST
    Thanks for the scintillating contribution to the thread, Bryce.

-Joni Marie
    • 2627 posts
    April 24, 2009 9:32 AM BST
    They also seem to be pretty rude.
  • April 24, 2009 12:06 PM BST
    Wow. How quickly a quite good-humoured thread can turn rather venomous. Though blind obedience, whether to a religion or political movement, could be a contributory factor to conflict, it is still (to my knowledge) the right of a person to believe or worship whoever and within the law however they feel fit. At least in the UK that is the case. As has been stated, knowledge has been suppressed, as have people and nations in the name of religion, and history is indeed stained with blood. But personally I do not think I would like to live in a world where people may not chose to believe in something that is not tangible or provable by science. Recently in a moment of utter anguish and desolation it was the church who took me in and offered unconditional love and support without judgement. For that I have gratitude regardless of whether their world view differs slightly from mine.
  • April 24, 2009 12:09 PM BST
    Bryce, Amen to that.

Huggles

Becca
    • 2358 posts
    April 24, 2009 7:25 PM BST
    Jesus said ''your a real mess, on behalf of my father I would like to offer you my sincere appologies''
    • 2627 posts
    April 24, 2009 9:18 PM BST
    I would like to say I'm sorry to Bryce
    It was 3:30am, I had just woke up when I read your post. I start work at 5.
    Having come home from work & rereading it I can see I took it wrong. The fact is I agree with a lot of it.
    To believe in God is not a bad thing. But man has used it as a reason to do great damage to others.
    • 2463 posts
    April 24, 2009 9:40 PM BST
    It's getting to the point where I really don't feel like posting anymore. It amazes me how a harmless thread can get hijacked like this.

(Mere whispers to the crowd: This thread was meant to be in good humor. Chill out!)
    • 2358 posts
    April 24, 2009 10:02 PM BST
    I am trying Meredith, lol
    • 2573 posts
    April 25, 2009 3:39 AM BST
    Can we take this thread back to the humorous topic it was and remove the "organized religion is the root of all evil" topic to it's own thread........ We can beat this old horse there with all enthusiasm. I'll probably participate...but not here. Thank you.

Bryce, I think your newness and unfamiliarity with our locals has caused you to misread what was actually going on here. As one with a button on organized religion I understand this, but lets remove the heavy stuff from the fun stuff. Please.