Femme Names

• June 24, 2004 12:56 AM BST
    Hi everyone

I presume this post has been done a million times but ill do it anyway! I would like to know how you ladies got your femme names. I got mine by browsing the top 100 names, then saw the name Rachel and it suited me, i look like a Rachel Bethany was near Rachel in the list and i looked at them 1 after the other and just knew "Rachel Beth" was my name

Feel free to post away

Rach
    • 1198 posts
    June 24, 2004 9:52 AM BST
    I choosed Julie as it was my fiance's name and i tried to copy everything about her. Her hair, make-up and her style and mannerisum's. So that was the first name, jule's well that's just what everyone called me on chat,so i use it as me last name
    and its tattooed on me arm, pretty apt really Love JJ xxx
  • June 24, 2004 11:04 AM BST
    It seems a lot of you got lazy and put names similar to your birthname hehe. I was thinking of doing that but i have the chance to start my life anew so i wanted to find my own name and a name id be happy with. Names similar to my birthname i just never really liked and the moment i had the name rachel beth it just stuck with me. I have a backup surname too if my parents disown me, its Rachel Bethany Brown
    • 1198 posts
    June 24, 2004 11:53 AM BST
    Hi Rachel
    I don't think its so much we chose names simular to our birth name's, i think i might be wrong but we chose our names as if to keep alive something of what or who we were. Does that make sense love JJ xx
    • 61 posts
    June 24, 2004 12:02 PM BST
    Hi Rachel,

I've told how I got my name before so tune out if you've read it somewhere else.

Fiona was not my original femme name - I actually selected Dorothy when I was a late teen after my childhood friend and the Jane Russell character in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes'. Dorothy kept being mispronounced as 'Dorofee' which annoyed me so I decided to change. I wanted a Gaelic name that was easy to pronounce so I kept the 'fee' bit in 'dorofee' and became 'Fiona'. That was a long time ago now and I can't imagine being any other name.

love Fiona

• June 24, 2004 12:21 PM BST
    Hey Julie

I understand you perfectly ,Your name is a part of you and everything you are. Names are important and to a lot of people it would seem right to keep your name as close to your birthname as posible. I was just joking around in my previous post hehe, your not lazy! please dont hurt me

Rach
    • 1198 posts
    June 24, 2004 12:31 PM BST
    Rachel love
    I'm JJ i couldn't hurt anyone, its a good thread hun Love JJ xx
  • June 24, 2004 1:11 PM BST
    lol. Rhia is just something tht suits at the moment. In time, I'm pretty sure it will change. When I was thinking of a name it was just stuck in my mind, along whith Rachel, Rhianna, and Gemma.

I also thought of one I can't spell, which I prefered to all of them, but alas, I couldn't spell it so I didn't choose it. Should I find it, I'll let you know what it was. lol.
    • 1083 posts
    June 24, 2004 5:36 PM BST
    Hi, luvs-

Done this a few times myself, but just for grins--

By looking at my pic, you can see I am obviously not of Asian decent. I chose my surname--Sakura--because in the days of the Samurai, they were often compared to the Sakura ouka (cherry blossom); at their peak of glory they fall.

Minako--my first name--means beautiful child, so my name actually reads "Beautiful child of the cherry blossom." Mina is just the short form of Minako.

Ageku konoshu gengo gakka (End of this language lesson).

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 37 posts
    June 24, 2004 11:18 PM BST
    I blame Suzannah Hoffs from the Bangles! I checked out lists of names (they were in books then, no internet) but always loved Suzannah. I get really annoyed if I'm called Sue though, so it was probably a stupid choice. Suzie or Suze is fine but NEVER Sue.
  • June 25, 2004 11:21 AM BST
    I picked my name when I first came to trannyweb, I don't know how it came to me but Tressa the Dressa just popped in my head.

I have been thinking lately though about changing it. My real first name is Marion, it is a name I hated all my life growing up and got in a few fights over it as a kid. But now it is starting to fit in more. It isn't a sexy fun name to me like Tressa is but I was thinking I could just get all fixed up and go have a new Drivers licenes picture taken and I wouldn't have to try and change my name to something female. Then I could use my charge cards and everything else by using my first name instead of my middle name David which is what everyone knows me by. What do you girls think of this idea. My mother had me named Sally before I was born.
  • June 25, 2004 12:44 PM BST
    Thanks for al the replies, some very intersting replies i knew this post had been done but ive been here for a few months and not saw one , Tressa i think you should pick your name yourself, you'll know what name is right for you when you find it. Just look in the mirror and imagine yourself being a Sally, or Marion , maybe even get a babys name book and spend time going through it.

Hugs

Rach
    • 166 posts
    June 25, 2004 1:48 PM BST
    nah,,, if "it feels good,do it?" Hey I never met a girl named Chriss or Chrissy who was'nt soo pretty so- I chose "Khriss" because it was like -"Santa"- hmmm,,, just kiddn'. My "name" choice came from an observation that My name, as a "CD", should be interchangeable with My 'male' personna also. I've found,that, it has also some other benefits as in, so far I'm the only Khriss here and elsewhere , unique-ity, and all ,he-he- Luv-"K",, the 'monicer' rings close to My given name as well!
    • 166 posts
    June 25, 2004 2:06 PM BST
    - Tressa- Marion- is a name given to others of great reputation; ie: John Wayne- reguardless the "title"- a rose is still a rose' and still ,holds the 'sweetest fragrance'- eh-??
  • June 29, 2004 8:24 PM BST
    I have always liked the name Samantha it is so fem, pritty, & dare I say kinda sexy In my openion.My sure Name is a shortend versoin of heartsil a girl I knew form school and it just kinda clicked only I didn't want to use heartsil so I decided to use Heart insted.
  • July 2, 2004 12:08 AM BST
    Hey girls!
    I Picked The Name Laura for no particular reason except that it popped into my head! it just seemed to suit me and i really like it. i think it rolls of the tongue in a playful, sexy manner. I chose Bush As my Surname as a tip of the hat to one of my favourite musicians, sam bush, a bluegrass mandolin player none of you girls have probably heard of. Anyway thats the story Of My Name!!!
    Hugs
    Laura Bush.
    • 430 posts
    July 2, 2004 9:16 AM BST
    Laura,

you mean your not the wife of George Dubya?
  • July 2, 2004 9:24 AM BST
    My male name was Lauri, that´s a female name in English speaking countries, but not here. So, even with my old name I always was called Ms. when abroad. I took Laura just because it is close and I thought if somebody calls me by my old name by mistake...I CAN hear it right, and it is not embarrassing, nor to me nor to others. I read just a couple of days ago in a book that Laura is a good name for a scorpio girl. And I´m scorpio.

Laura
  • July 2, 2004 9:46 AM BST
    Scorpios go deep in the mysteries of the world...they also want to find out the secrets of other people. A scorpio is never superficial...

Laura
  • July 3, 2004 1:05 AM BST
    You Know Somethin', Thats pretty Damn Groovy. Im A Scorpio and My Names Laura. and Just To Clarify, I AM NOT TYHE WIFE OF GEORGE DUBYA!! In Fact I Was Protestin His Arrival In Ireland ust A Few Days Ago So There!! See... Scorpios Can Inject Venom When They Want To!
    • 430 posts
    July 3, 2004 8:45 AM BST
    lol, sorry Laura.

I just had to say it, can't help myself at times!

I'm a scorpio too!
  • July 5, 2004 1:34 PM BST
    My mother had the name Katri for me....no thanks.

Laura
    • 74 posts
    July 28, 2004 10:21 AM BST
    hi rachel...
    my surname is real...my first name actually comes from a video game character...I just liked how it sounded!..

Nena Williams Wins!
    • 74 posts
    July 28, 2004 10:23 AM BST
    Hi , on the subject of names..has anyone got a midddle name...mine is Rosa...kind taken from my real middle name and influenced from a stunning lady I use to work with.

anyone else?
    • 1198 posts
    July 28, 2004 10:50 AM BST
    Sorry Nena no middle name i'm affraid and just to add i'm a scorpio as well......Love JJ xx
  • July 28, 2004 12:20 PM BST
    Rachel,

Long story as to how I ended up as Alexandra, which I won't bore you with but for a long time I used Katrina as I just love "Walking on Sunshine" but changed to Alexandra (or Alex) a few years ago now as it's more me. Its also the female version of my middle name. So I switched to the female version to express the two parts of me.

MacGregor is my mothers family name and the clan tarten I wear and shows the Scottish heritage I'm very proud of.

Actually quite simple really.

Alex
    xxx
    • 374 posts
    July 28, 2004 12:53 PM BST
    Hi girls,

I chose Monika because I've always thought it to be a real pretty
    and feminine name...as for Smith, it just sounded good with the first name Is that shallow...or what?

Hugs,

Monika

PS: Hey...my 40th post!
  • July 28, 2004 12:56 PM BST
    My second name is Virve, an estonian name. And the third is Natalia, a russian name. So, all the good neighbours are present.

Laura
  • July 28, 2004 8:10 PM BST
    My middle name is Renia just because it fits with the rest of my name is may be a silly way to pick your middle name but it worked
    • 236 posts
    July 29, 2004 2:47 AM BST
    Hi rachel good to see you back hun
    I have allways liked the names Sarah and choose it because of its meaning years ago but cant remember the origins of the root of Sarah. Ann is in honour of my mother.I also wanted to call my self mellissa and Kirsty.But if i added those to my name it would be a bit of a mouthfull but I might use kirsty in honour of my long time freind Kirsty Mcoll the singer who was killed in Mexico Last year
    Who I knew from when we were 12 years old.And who i first heard the name from and allways liked the name.The surname like Nenas is my own and I get a lot of post addressed to Sarah Ann Slavin these days.
    • 338 posts
    August 9, 2004 7:52 AM BST
    well. me femme names nothing like this 'me'. Claire is a name i've always liked and have used for years to describe this side of me.. guess my 'invisible freind' is getting more solid.. i dropped the 'e' on line cus overall i can use it that way without to many probs..

Also as a nod to my terrible spelling.. figured thats a part of me...

Thus Clair (No 'e', well not often)

Rand comes from a character on 'oath of feality', male character but one with whom i share a few traits, besides i liked it.

Thus thats me. nothing to it, not family history or heritidge to maintain..

Some day i may even change me legal name, well the middle part anyway. wife kill me if i change the first bit..

current middle name? never bothered.. kids and wife have got enough to go round.

Naturally if i do change me middle name.. well what else 'Ack' has to be dun't it really?
  • October 9, 2004 3:36 AM BST
    One Rachel to another! And you *do* look like a Rachel.

Years ago, when I was in deep trance, my inner woman (then a girl) came to me and told me her name: Racha-el. As I got to know her better, I took to spelling her name in the “local” (US) way.

Rachel and Rachael are taken on almost all boards, so I settled on Rachel Ann. I have a relative named Ann who is a very beloved and important figure in my life.

Compton is also a family name, although not mine.
  • October 9, 2004 4:04 AM BST
    (dupe post, how to delete?)

• October 13, 2004 5:45 PM BST
    Hi Rachel

Well, first of all I chose Daphne because its the perfect 'English Rose' name that I think help defines my preferred look: And also I'm quite soft-spoken and my hands and feet are quite small and slender despite my height.

I chose Lewis after the English actress Fiona Lewis who is also something of a role model in her look and manner, although I'm blonde.
  • November 19, 2004 8:23 AM GMT
    Another Rachel!
    I took Rachel just because I liked the name. My real name doesn't have a close femme equivalent really, so I just thought what girl's name do I like and Rachel came up. Second name Rebecca is after a favourite cousin and also after a wonderful girl I used to work with.
    If I ever needed to use a surname, I figured that I will probably make a surname out of my real middle name.
    Love
    Rachel XXX
  • November 23, 2004 6:48 PM GMT
    I chose my name because the name Jacqueline rings of a very soft and feminine person. I feel so good when I think of myself as Jacqueline. Vivaldi was also a wonderful composer and musician, and as an artist, I feel close to this symbol. In the end, a girl should have a name that is feminine and makes her feel delighted to be a woman, if it is only for a few hours each week.
    Love.
    Jacqueline
    • 430 posts
    November 26, 2004 4:51 AM GMT
    Bethany Anne,

you will get used to your name. I am so used to my name that I no longer respond to people calling me by the old one, not because I choose to ignore them. Simply as it is no longer my name and sounds so wierd to be called it.

I only get called by the old one when I run into someone I haven't seen in years. It doesn't happen oftern now.
  • November 28, 2004 5:24 AM GMT
    I use Sandi simply because my nick name since childhood has always been Sandy. Most of my friends and family have always know me as Sandy. Supposed I got the nick name because of my sand colored hair when I was a baby.
  • December 19, 2004 8:18 AM GMT
    Hi Rachel
    Mind sounds funny. Kellie was my first love name, she also had the same initles(sp?) as me. Seki is my best girl friend last name, so i came up with Kellie Seki. and it suit me fine.
    Kellie
    • 166 posts
    December 25, 2004 7:44 PM GMT
    I tried "Supertrannyfabulisciousexbealidotious" but figured that it sounded pretencious, hehe-among other things--
    • 166 posts
    December 26, 2004 6:20 AM GMT
    thanks Joni,-now I'm thinking of"Ali" or "Fabu",,,,,,, or not,EH!? Though,this tread is very interesting to Me, as choosing a "name" seems to be a integral part of most everyone here's expression of their femme' identity's. I'd admit that giving the girl, I'd often seen reflected in the mirror for so many years a name- gave 'Her" a kind of validity. The explainations of the reasons behind the choice of a femme' name (4-some) go's deeper than might have expected. Hey -A "Rose" by any other name-- hmmm Rose- nah, happy with"Khriss", sooo far- xxox
  • January 6, 2005 4:15 AM GMT
    I guess Breanna Just fell into place.. I am not really sure how it came to be, I think maybe I just looked in the mirror, one night when I was dressing, and saw Breanna. Its a nice stong, Gaelic name, and it just seems to fit. call me Breanna, and I'm yours for life It just makes me happy is all...
    • 4 posts
    February 9, 2005 1:57 PM GMT
    Mistress dubbed me such when I was initially feminised. I had little choice in the matter, but have since 'grown into it'. As always, Mistress knows best (heh, She'd be the first to tell you) for it suits me like a latex catsuit *s*

Licks,
    Raven

• 5 posts
    June 12, 2005 5:23 PM BST
    I suppose mine comes from a name my wife and I had picked out it we ever had a daughter...Mikayla. Somewhere along the line, it became "Mickey" because Mikayla just seemed to formal. Besides...I like hearing "Oh Mickey, you're so fine," incessantly.
    • 8 posts
    July 6, 2005 1:33 AM BST
    Well mine is probably rather boring. To let you know the start, I was originally christened Karl Abraham (the latter name is odd, as my family has absolutely no Jewish descent at all). My last name is excluded due to it being a nonentity in this discussion. My feminine name is Kara Avalynn. Automatically, one might begin to see why this is as such.

With the first name, I was named in honor of a family member (my Great Uncle Carl. Mine had a K to tell us apart, but my siblings and I ended up being called by our middle names anyway). Obviously, to respect this man (who I conveniently never knew), I kept a similar name and opted for the same first letter, as I am a very unchanging person.

The middle name was much harder to do. After all, I had been called "Abe" my entire life, and answered to nothing but it and my last name (and hardly at all with the latter). Therefore, I wanted something close. The predicament was that the feminine form (or closest thereof) of Abraham is Abigail, but that has an entirely different "A" sound than the name I wanted. Therefore, I originally was going to settle on Avis, which seemed odd to me because it wasn't the same length, but it was a real name that fit the correct sound. Of course, my initial thought was that the name referenced a bird. It is a pretty name. My mom, however, informed me of something that I forgot. Avis is also the name of a car rental dealership. There was no way I wanted to have the same name. I went by "Ave," then, until I could work out the kinks. Avalynn, though not a real name, is a combination of two real names, and I thought it fit. After all, I can still be called "Ave" while I also maintain the length of my original name.

And just so you know, I know I'm weird for making this much of a fuss over the same sound/initials/length, but that's the way I am.
  • July 13, 2005 9:33 PM BST
    Femme names can be chosen many ways. Top 100 is OK. A person you liked when you were young. A name that has a special defined meaning. Rachel Beth is Nice.

Barb
  • July 14, 2005 12:37 AM BST
    Hey everyone,

Mine name was fairly easy, I took the simple way out. Mara was my name if I had been born a GG. Always like it, plus had an early fling with a Mara. Shores because I love water.

See ya

Mara
    • 121 posts
    July 14, 2005 7:42 AM BST
    Hi girls-when I was young I was called Sandi when dressed as a girl.When I was about 9 I read a book by Mark Twain called "A Connecticut Yankee in Camelot"the heroine in the book is called Alisande,I liked the name and adopted it.I also found out too that one of the French king Henry's had a wife called Allissande.The name has stated with me ever since.Love Alli.
    • 1980 posts
    June 24, 2004 1:54 AM BST
    I love this one, I've answered it about a dozen times on other lists, but I just still love it.

Joni is close to my real name, my drab name and also it's the name of a g-girl I used to know. She pronounced it "Johnny", which is real close to my drab name (anyone want to venture a guess?). I pronounce it "Joanie", though, but I don't spell it that way.

Marie is close to my actual last name, it has most of the letters but not all of them and I like it.

Cruz is a reflection of my heritage and means "cross" in Spanish, nifty, huh?

And Rachel Beth is a way cool name. You're right, somehow it suits you.

Hugs, Joni Marie Cruz
  • June 24, 2004 9:34 AM BST
    Cerys 'cos of my Welsh heritage. My drab name is also Welsh and has a Y in it, so it's similar. If anyone cares Cerys is from the verb "Caru" meaning "love" - same root as "cariad" which sort of means "darling" and it's pronounced "Kerrace" as in Terrace.

Here endeth the language lesson

C xx