I'm an Embarrassment?

• 2627 posts
    June 14, 2009 5:13 PM BST
    My sister called to ask if I wanted to go out for breakfast with her & my other sister. I then heard sister2 telling sister1 to tell me to dress more manly so that I don't embarrass them. Sister1 said so what it doesn't embarrass her how I dress. Sister2 said that it does her. I told not to worry I wasn't going.

I didn't get angry, just a bit suprised. I thought we were past all that.

My clothes are getting to be more femm looking. If I can ever get rid of this shadow on my face I will be full time.
    Well except for work.
  • June 14, 2009 5:33 PM BST
    It's sad that sister2 feels that way.

As for myself, I still live with my parents and younger siblings. I have to keep a tight lid on my cross dressing. I came out about a year ago and since then my mom has been looking for a way for it to go away. A few months ago I told her it wasn't and she told me that I have to move out as soon as I'm financially able. I was planning to do that anyway, but it still hurt.

Some people just see us as "wierd". It's sad but true.

Oh, well. Best to move on as best we can
  • June 14, 2009 6:24 PM BST
    Karen in one way I think you made the right choice not to go because next time they will not repeat this event (I hope). But on the other side, I would not care less because it’s only when you go out with them that they get used to accepting you for whom you are. I would also maybe tell sister2 that she should also dress more feminine not to embarrass me even though that would not be the truth.

With woman you need to know how they think and once you know you will easily manipulate them in the right directions because don’t forget they only know things from the female point of view but us we know it from both male and female side so we have one advantage there. However I have been Natalie for so long now that I don’t remember much of my male side but one thing I can say is that smile and some nice words goes a long way even to sisters (I’ve got one 3 year younger sister).

Good luck next time Karen and don’t worry about it because there is always another train to catch.

If you're worried about your beard move to Spain (Naughty me)

xxx Natalie
    • 2573 posts
    June 16, 2009 4:09 AM BST
    Stephanie,

If your mom does not like the way you turned out, tell her to complain to the manufacturer. The date of defect would be during her 7th week of pregnancy.

Karen,
    Nothing a laser can't fix.........your beard, not your sister. Just do NOT let Mere handle the laser.
    • 2627 posts
    June 16, 2009 9:08 AM BST
    I've had 5 laser treatments & all I look is splotchy. I paid for 6 but they will continue to do it every month for 2yrs as was thier guarantee. But they said with my heavy beard it would take more than just 6.
  • a a
    • 96 posts
    June 16, 2009 9:38 AM BST
    Hi Karen,the only way to perminantly remove your beard is to have Electrolosis,I know it`s alot more expensive and takes longer,but the results are far better.I also tried laser treatment and I was`nt impressed.So I am saving to have Electrolosis.
    • 2463 posts
    June 16, 2009 2:06 PM BST
    Mere + lasers = mass destruction. I don't even like to shave my own legs! I leave that to Josie.
  • June 16, 2009 6:01 PM BST
    Mere with a laser? Look out World!!!!!

Just Kidding,

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 8 posts
    June 16, 2009 8:18 PM BST
    Ok

#1 Mere with a laser, look out hair, eyes, and pretty much anything else!

#2 I have come out to several friends and they can NEVER wait to go out in public with me! They do everything they can to help BUT I can't come out to ANY of my family. It took my mom 5 years and my dad 15 years to accept my sister as a lesbian. What do you think they would do with THIS info?

My point is you may want everyone to accept you for who you are but it ain't gonna happen chica. You will always have us but out in the real world its a lot more complicated. I know this is all gee whiz info but I hope you do get something out of it whether it be a good yarn or an eye opening story or just a feeling of knowing someone else is in just about the same boat.

We all love you very much and we are here when you need us. Just remember.... Even Jesus couldn't please everybody!

Sincerely,

Jenny W.
    • 2017 posts
    June 17, 2009 2:52 PM BST
    I'm sorry to hear that people close to you still have a problem Karen but sometimes there is nothing you can do about that. Ask yourself does it really matter in the grand scheme of things though? After all, you are transitioning for you not for anybody else.

As for laser, If your hair is dark it should work without any problems, if it isn't then I would suggest that either it is being used incorrectly or isn't powerful enough. I too had a very heavy shadow but it has gotten rid of 99% of it now. However, 5-6 sessions is just the start. I'm into my second year of treatment now. You may also need to undertake electrolysis for any really stubborn hair however, or if it is lighter/greyer. Much more painful and slower but you cannot deny the results.

Nikki
    • 734 posts
    June 18, 2009 12:51 AM BST
    Hey hunni.

It's so so so easy to say - and so so so hard in reality. But you know you're the important one in your story. You. Big, Bold, Beautiful You. Of course it's important to appreciate the impact that may have on those genetically closest to you but you still have to be you. I would be happy that sister1 was cool and feel sorry for sister2. Maybe she'll grow a little some time... [maybe she's jealous???]

My experiences are different. I have three older brothers. Maybe guys react differently, I don't know. But [and I think 'luckily'] I come from a very disparate family. Never really been close. [Or maybe that's just the way I saw it].

Brother3 I've not seen in about 15 years, so he's in for a surprise should our paths cross one day. But I rather fancy he'll be fine. Brother2 I had'nt seen for almost as long. His daughters got in contact with me via Facebook. Now in their early twenties, I had'nt seen them since they started High School. All things being equal - and the internet being a great leveller - I explained who I was now. They explained that they did'nt give a damn if I was their Uncle or their Aunt, it was 'me' they were interested in. And, having discussed it, so was their Dad. So just before last Christmas I travelled down to see them and everyone was fine. My brother, his wife, the girls - and their boyfriends [did'nt realise they would be there!]. Brother 1. Well, your guess is as good as mine. I'm not sure what the transatlantic version is, but he's completely and utterly Civil Service / Local Government Officer through and through. Cut him in half and, instead of blood, you'd get page after page of jargon and legalise. I've not seen him for an equal number of years but - a year or two ago - we had occasion to swap emails and my gender came up somehow. I was honest and he replied with half a page of convoluted PC speak that - and I wish I could lay my hands on the mail - left me in absolute awe. It also left me not knowing what he really thinks. The PC world has taken him over!

Anyway, all that rambling was to say lifes not so bad. We both have one sibling we can rely on. It's a start.

Take care and much love to you.

Rae xx

EDIT: ps: re-reading your first post, you know I really think you should have gone for breakfast and never mind sister2. Sister 1 would have been happy...
  • September 28, 2009 6:31 AM BST
    I suppose I am blessed. I solved my problems with my 5 brothers and 2 sisters by simply moving 3,000 miles and stopped talking to them decades ago LOL.

Stephenie
    • 2573 posts
    September 30, 2009 4:50 PM BST
    Gee, Steph, and they say that long-distance relationships never work out well. Did the same thing with my father, moved west till I reached the Pacific Ocean. Even lived just off the beach for a while. Worked for me to.