Seriously dissapointed

• 2358 posts
    July 1, 2009 10:26 AM BST
    I'm not getting the attention I think I deserve, lol, hardly anyone is reading my joke of the day, go on have a giggle, take a peek.

xxXCristineXxx
    • 746 posts
    July 1, 2009 3:56 PM BST
    Crissie...I've been appointed spokesperson for the masses and I'm here to say (unfortunately) that it has been decreed that "You don't know jacksh*t"! LOL

(please girls, this post, just like crissie's, is meant to be humorous....and if you haven't been around the chat room to hear some of the silly bantering that goes on, you may not understand the humor)

Traci
    • 2358 posts
    July 1, 2009 4:19 PM BST
    OMG, this was supposed to be a serious thread, requiring reverence, a modicum of decorum, some serious kow towing, bowing, scraping and some serious arse kissing. Traci go to your room don sack cloth and ashes and don't come down till your sent for, no supper for you tonight my girl, till you learn your place in the pecking order, (composed and accompanied by some serious chuckles by me)
    • 746 posts
    July 1, 2009 4:52 PM BST
    But crissie....please! It's my birthday and all I really want is a fresh piece of bread and maybe a clean linen to drape over this ol' body! And it is difficult to teach old dogs new tricks so I might never mend my ways. Does that mean I'm doomed to the dungeon like FOREVER? Will you let me out to "Chat" some?

A little more humbly yours,

Traci
    • 1195 posts
    July 1, 2009 7:55 PM BST
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACI LEE
    I see you hav e made it to "lady in waiting" - I never have figured out what those ladies are waiting for but I can imagine.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 746 posts
    July 1, 2009 7:58 PM BST
    Thanks Mary Grace!!! If I ever figure out what the waiting is all about, I'll let you know!!! Until then, WE wait! (smile)

Traci xxxxx
    • 2627 posts
    July 1, 2009 8:30 PM BST
    Cristine I read all your jokes, there great. I'm graetfull to you for taking it on yourself to keep it going. I seem to post a lot for a bit then not at all for a bit. Guess I'm a moody bitchh.lol

If you'd like I can ask Katie to add you on as a monitor.
    I don't know you but your post make me smile & for that reason I like you.
    • 16 posts
    July 2, 2009 1:07 AM BST
    so where is the "joke of the day"? guessI am missing a link or something - my mind
  • July 2, 2009 4:24 AM BST
    Ok I just read them all today. I guess i just don't have your sence of humor, i'm still waiting for the punch lines lol
  • July 2, 2009 12:22 PM BST
    For me it's the way it's written... a big chunk of text without paragraphs is hard to read. If you did split it up and used the Enter key more often it would be easier to read and understand, at least for me.

But for some of the jokes, they are very long with far too little point coming out of it, say like the one where the boy told the class that his dad is gay ....

But having said that, I think jokes can be OK IF they're funny haha.

xxx Natalie
    • 2017 posts
    July 2, 2009 1:12 PM BST
    I saw a great joke last month but then realised it was my paycheck!

Nikki
    • 2358 posts
    July 2, 2009 1:30 PM BST
    Natalie, Well you being so erudite, With obviously a more appreciative sense of more sophisticated jokes, perhaps you would like to add a joke, give us an insight into real humour and your composition skills. The idea of a long story, joke, is to titivate the reader, leading up to the punch line. Perhaps its just an English thing, Humour. but in general, think most people are amused by my feeble attempts to bring some hilarity and nonsense into a gloomy world. Perhaps an idea would just be to put in a punch line and leave the reader to invent the joke.

Thankyou Karen, Nice to know a few people smiled. Will keep trying to bring a bit of laughter and the odd fit of giggling into peoples lives, lol. You never know, one might even be used at a dinner party, somwhere bringing the host an ovation, nothing better for breaking the ice than a joke and a sense of humour.

xxXchristineXxx
  • July 2, 2009 2:14 PM BST
    Cristine, long jokes are good for one thing... you forget how they started by the time you reach the end haha

Oh well, I better shut up but can always tell you a French joke?

Anyhow...

L’érudition désigne une grande étendue de savoir conférant une connaissance profonde et étendue en littérature, en philologie, résultant le plus souvent de l’étude et de la lecture étendue des documents consacrés au sujet plutôt qu’à des études scolaires.

xxx Natalie

• 2358 posts
    July 2, 2009 2:45 PM BST
    Natalie That is the most obtuse joke, I have ever heard, didn't understand it, it had no logical conclusion..and it seems a bit pointless writing a joke in French, in the UK forum.
    • 2017 posts
    July 2, 2009 5:27 PM BST
    It sounds more like a dictionary defination to me but then I'm not exactly fluent in French.

I would love to tell you a really funny German joke though......................................if only I could find one.

Nikki
    • 1195 posts
    July 2, 2009 5:33 PM BST
    Cristine
    I use ur jokes all the time - I teach water aerobics and need to take a breather once in a while so a joke comes in very handy. Thanks - keep up the good work.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2358 posts
    July 2, 2009 6:14 PM BST
    Nikki,

I know several German jokes, The Germans do have a sense of humour. It was told to me by a guy we knew in Hamburg Deiter the twink, lol, lovely guy. Some on reflection are not P.C. but will put up the one on joke of the day.
  • July 2, 2009 7:04 PM BST
    Nikki is so right (10 points to you)... It was just the definition of Cristines' "erudite" which is not a joke haha...

The best German joke I know is really short and it goes like this "aus fart" haha

xxx Natalie
    • 2358 posts
    July 2, 2009 7:29 PM BST
    If one is considered erudite, one would not need to look it up in a dictionary and quote it verbatim. but i was right about the post being obtuse, inane and having no bearing on witty repartee.

xxXCristineXxx
  • July 2, 2009 7:47 PM BST
    You know I love you anyway Cristine (Kiss, Kiss - one on each side is the French way)

It's just that you use so many words that I don't know the meaning of as my English teacher was not THAT clever (he was French) haha

If you can't have it the French way, try to have it the Napoleon Bonaparte way

xxx Natalie
  • July 2, 2009 9:38 PM BST
    Cristine, this link is ONLY for you and I wish we could just put our childhood behind but it's not always so easy as the tears only comes by it self…. (cry)

http://www.youtube.com/wa[...]6RAIZXw

(sorry for posting it here but I know you will read it)

xxx Natalie