Eggheads Quiz Team

• 2127 posts
    July 16, 2009 11:40 AM BST
    I have been talking to the producers of the BBC2 quiz show, Eggheads about getting a Trannyweb team together. To be on the team you will need to live in the UK and able to travel (I think that travel expenses are paid).

You will need to be out and proud because it may not be a good idea to appear dressed to the nines on national television if you're not.

You will also need to be a card-carrying Trannyweb member and of course, you will have to be very clever and a veritable mine of information.

Apart from the fun aspect, there is serious money to be made from this if all goes well. Currently the prize money stands at £53,000 !!!

We will need six people to be on the team of which one will be a stand-by person who will only be used if one of the others pulls out.

If you'd like to take part, have fun, further the TG cause and maybe will a heap on cash too, please either reply to this thread or send me an email at [email protected].

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2017 posts
    July 16, 2009 7:10 PM BST
    I love quizzes, and usually catch that one when I'm in the UK. Finding enough girls smart enough to be able to give them a run for their money wouldn't be an issue. Finding a team that is living openly as well, may be the real challenge. It's a tricky combination but I can't believe it's one that we couldn't meet.

Nikki
    • 2127 posts
    July 16, 2009 9:18 PM BST
    Come on then, let's show 'em and perhaps make some good prize money too! Who's up for this?

Hugs,

Katie
    • 1652 posts
    July 17, 2009 8:08 PM BST
    i wish i was more cleverer.
    xx
    • 734 posts
    August 2, 2009 12:30 AM BST
    Ok, just to bring this subject back into the minds of TW's intellectuals ...

Just watched an episode on iplayer - had'nt seen it before. To be honest it's not exactly mastermind. Its a very simple team based format with multiple choice answers given to fairly middle of the road questions. Even an educated guess will get you a long way. The only problem area I saw was the sudden death questions which did'nt give an answer option. I'd probably have a senior moment or two ...

But fairly do-able for any of the TW people on here. I'm not saying we'd win but we would get valuable publicity for both TW and our community as a whole.

Believe me, saying 'oooh, I'm not clever enough for that' really does'nt wash at all. You don't have to be clever. And I should know!

I'm in. Katie's in [she has no choice, it was her idea], who else wants a bit of fun and self-publicity? So what if we lose, that's still coming second - you'd get a silver medal for that in the olympics....

Emails to KG forthwith.

Much love

Rae xx

IQ 16 and a bit.
    • 2127 posts
    August 20, 2009 11:14 AM BST
    Anybody else want to take part? We've got two but we need six to make a team so we need another four peeps.

You can see an episode by following this link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/prog[...]006z736

I'd hate to see other teams winning all that money when you should be getting it. Anyone interested?

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 1195 posts
    August 20, 2009 5:20 PM BST
    Katie
    I'd love too help but BBC doesn't allow former colonies to play.
    Good luck - I'm surprised that you can't get a Brit team together.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2127 posts
    August 20, 2009 11:03 PM BST
    So am I.

Hugs,

Katie x
  • August 20, 2009 11:31 PM BST
    Question: Who is Hindu God of Dance?
    Question: Who wrote book ' A year of Eating Dangerously?
    Question: Charente is famous for manufacture of what?

Lol I haven't a clue and these are some of the question on Eggheads...and as for the sport, music, film and television I'd be totally lost...definitely a quiz show for eggheads..
    • 734 posts
    August 21, 2009 1:05 AM BST
    lol, Rose, you must have watched the adult edition - it really wasn't that hard when I watched an episode! And fair play, I can't answer any of those questions :/ [For clarity, however, those questions may not be atypical for any particular round and - of course - they haven't been posted with the multiple choice answers which often give you a bit of a hint...]

But, for me, that's not the point. Which might be where Katie and I differ a little. I don't give two hoots about winning or the prize money. So what? What I think is exciting is the opportunity for half a dozen TW type peeps to present themselves to the nation as ordinary, amusing, articulate [optional] and happy with who they are. The competition itself is extremely secondary to the taking part. [How English!].

This is a really good PR opportunity. Surely there are 4 more UK TWers out there who will take part? Rose???? - you'll get us half way to a team hunni...

Rae xxx

[... will accept illegal immigrants as long as you can pass muster...]
    [...failing that, you can prove you're English by passing the mustard. Colmans of course...]
  • August 22, 2009 1:28 PM BST
    LOL...well I have to sit through an Eggheads usually when I visit mothers...but what's really stopping me is I'm missing a front tooth...dentist said 'its solid and just need filling'...while waiting for appointment I nibbled some soft pineapple and it snapped right off so now I'm on long wait for serious work...so gap tooth is not a good image I want to give..so sorry...not me.
    • 746 posts
    August 22, 2009 3:24 PM BST
    Hey Mary Grace...maybe it's time for us Yanks (gasp, did I say THAT word here in the south???) to rescue our Motherland again...I'm certainly full of useless information having prowled this planet for close to 60 yrs. I know that Happy Felton was the MC of the "Knothouse Gang", that Murray Kaufmann was "Murray the K" at WMGM-AM, and that Karen and Cubby were original Mousketeers among other worthless tidbits... with your added experience, no doubt we could help bring home the proverbial bacon!!!

Game on????

Traci xxx