It's Driving Me Crazy!!!

• 2627 posts
    July 25, 2009 11:54 AM BST
    I need help! This is bugging the hell out of me!!!!
    It's, well, it's that little seem on the toe of my pantyhose & knee-highs.
    When I get dressed in the morning I allways make sure it's nice & straight across the front of my toes.
    Yet everday I can feel it down there. Every pair, every brand. I can feel it under my toes. I've tried fixing it but it just rolls back down.
    And as the day wears on it feels bigger & bigger.
    I grew up an only son with 4 sisters, so I've heard all the complaints about the things women had to wear. Never have any of them bitched about this. I've herad about how the crotches being down around thier knees or crawling up thier rears. But never anything about the toes.
    So is it just me or does this bother anyone else?
    • 734 posts
    July 26, 2009 12:44 AM BST
    Sorry Karen, have to report its never bothered me at all.

- I guess you could always wear a pair of trainer socks underneath???

Much love

Rae xx
    • 1912 posts
    July 26, 2009 1:16 AM BST
    Karen, are you wearing these under other socks? If so what is likely happening is your foot is sliding around inside the sock. There might not be any friction to hold the stocking in place. Also if your foot is too dry, possibly over powdered, the foot will slip within the stocking. Maybe try a little body lotion on your foot prior to putting on the stockings. A couple of ideas.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2627 posts
    July 26, 2009 10:23 AM BST
    lol Why would I wear sox under or over them? I don't powder my feet stay dry. But lotion might be a good idea.
  • July 26, 2009 10:59 AM BST
    !!
    I find my seeams stay straightish if I pull them right up and back before sliding my feet in the shoe...but even then some shoes do let the seam shift..probly due to foot working in the shoe and the inners of the shoe gripping the nylon and gradually creeping it under...nothing to do but a quick straightening any time its convenient...hard to know if a slight bigger or smaller shoe than optimum would help with the problem...but no-one comments anyway.
    • 404 posts
    July 26, 2009 6:57 PM BST
    Of course you could switch to leggings-they are 'in' at the moment.............

Lynn
    • 1195 posts
    July 26, 2009 7:55 PM BST
    It's summer time - how about toeless - get a toe ring.
    Gracie
  • September 28, 2009 6:06 AM BST
    Hi Karen.

I found four solutions myself.
    One was pull the hose tightly and in place.
    Two was to let the hose stay very loose.
    Three is to tuck it on purpose under the toes [my favorite] and pull the under part of the hose foot section tightly so that it does not move.
    Four, stop wearing them or try a different brand.

Hope that helps

Stephenie
    • 2573 posts
    September 30, 2009 5:00 PM BST
    Karen,
    When you pull the foot section on, do you arch your foot? Then when you straighten it the foot section is stretched in place between your toes and heel, like a light rubberband.