Plastic Surgery

• July 30, 2009 7:44 PM BST
    Letter today saying I've been successfully referred for funding for nose and chin job and whatever else I fancy...
    so I called the contact number and go see them Friday 7th August...nice quick service.

• July 30, 2009 7:46 PM BST
    Clicked too quickly and missed putting...

this referral was the work of Leeds GIS which has a very bad underserved reputation for being unhelpful...
    • 734 posts
    July 30, 2009 10:27 PM BST
    Good news, Rose, hope all goes well x
  • July 31, 2009 1:32 PM BST
    Congratulations Rose-all the best,Nina-xx
    • 2017 posts
    August 3, 2009 2:23 PM BST
    Nose, chin, and whatever else you fancy? I'm sooo jealous!!

Good for you Rose, pick your nose wisely.

Nikki
  • August 3, 2009 3:17 PM BST
    HI I am new here. Sounds like you had some nice service maybe. I am looking for Low Income Assistance on SRS. Yes. Is there such thing in this BIG USA?? I have written my Senator Harkin to see if any grants or assistance would be available.
    I have trained to be a housewife for 2 years now. I am training to satisfiy my man or woman when i get married. Doing that only with my best friends. I am getting my inventive cooking down real good. I usually never measure small measures. I change receipes and revamp them. Turning out good just like chemical mixing. I mix flavors and types. It s fun. I have been an inventor extrodinair since teenage years. I created the first land air craft. Year later it was in popular science mag. Basic working machine. I got no credit. many creations in my shop and kitchen now. My trany life was born for sex was only born for one life long person to come into my life. I live in Iowa as that is S. Harkins area. I feel I am a very small small minoritiy in the TG world.
    Born again Christian Baptized in the Spirit and faith beyond Faith works with my Lord. I am Blessed and Blessed recieving many blessings . Hope it continues with free SRS. Any sisters got a clue on low income assisted girl for help?
    Susan Marie Paige
    • 2358 posts
    August 3, 2009 3:26 PM BST
    Hardly a more deserving, comitted person than you Rose, Lets hope this is the first step, they have finally acknowledged you are deserving, so logically if they go this far then they have no reasons to question the funding for you going all the way, Bless you Rose, loadsa Love Crisitne
    • 871 posts
    August 3, 2009 3:50 PM BST
    thats great news! you must be over the moon!
    all the best
    Penny
    xxx
  • August 7, 2009 5:59 PM BST
    saw the surgeon...nice friendly guy...asked me how long in transition, what other enhancing therapies I'd had, then what did I want...told him nose and chin seem to be the thing that instantly shouts 'male' about me so he had a good look and said I had good strong nose cartilage but that he could slim it down as fem as I'd like...said he could reshape the chin and slim it down...said he couldn't do anything about my jaw but I said a lot of it was the fat I've put on over the last 15 weeks with ankle op...so I said OK and he said OK and he is now writing to local health board for permission...and now I just wait a bit more...
    • 308 posts
    August 11, 2009 5:57 AM BST
    Good news Rose, and good luck.
    My nose reconstruct went well and was easy, so to speak, no surgery is easy, but get what you want. ( take a picture in ) But now my chin, that is another story. they tried removing the fat content first and put that and some from my stomach into my cheeks bone area...something to consider. My surgeon, said he did not like to waste anything. That was not enough, sooooo second surgery he ground it down, and...you guessed it... I wanted more off, sooo I must like pain... I went in for a third......point I am making, get what you want and show him Exactly what you expect, if possible.
    Good luck and post some pics before and after if possible.......Huggs...Tammy
  • August 11, 2009 9:01 AM BST
    Hi Tammy... I've looked at your pix before and you look great...I'll take some before pix but whether I dare show them is another matter...I'm sure my nose is too big and triangle shaped like a man and my chin is too prominent. I don't seem to have problem with people looking at front of me, its from the side like in the lift recently when a woman glanced at me then jumped sideways in shock and almost ran out of the life...lovely to know I'm a dangerous freak etc...
    my face is too fat right now as I overate the last 16 weeks with the crutches and I cant do any topbody exercises as hopping on the crutches is equivalent to doing chinning in the gym and now I have the big shoulders, chest and arms that I had pre-hormones...so I'm feeling a bit of a shapeless lump and I just had a painkiller for breakfast so I can do some housework...
    my neighbour goes spinning on those bikes and says that is a great way to lose weight but I've got athritis in my knee from the accident that needed the ankle op so I can't use a bike...
    your surgeons fat injections is what the boob surgeon told me he could do to make my bottom more female shaped but I said no... the thought of liposuctioning fat off my tummy and injecting it into my bum didn't sound to good to me...he said it would stay in place for 10 years...I didn't think I had much fat on my tummy anyway...
    • 746 posts
    August 11, 2009 6:19 PM BST
    Rose!

You want to save a fortune, take half of my nose please...FREE! There's enough for the both of us girl! (smile)

Best wishes always!!!

Traci
    • 308 posts
    August 12, 2009 5:54 AM BST
    Hi Rose,
    You may be surprised what these modern surgery techniques can do with a good surgeon. And from what I see, your results should come out fantastic.
    Just a little story and humor ( I am sure we all have these) Before I started all the cosmetic surgery, I was getting ready to get out of my car to go into a store, and a lady was getting out of her car and looked at me and yelled, and drove off as fast as she could. That sure did deflated my ego for sure.
    How much longer will you be on the mend? I hope everything went well. I just had my right eye operated on about two weeks ago, and will have the other one done on the 19th...for medical reasons. I can relate to your discomfort.
    But on the up side, you will really love the facial surgery,...yes there will be pain but to me it was a good pain, as I looked forward to the end result/
    Take care girl and keep us updated on your progress.....Huggs...Tammy
  • August 12, 2009 10:18 AM BST
    some people just go berserk when they spot a TS...in a store I was chatting to an Asian lady perfectly nicely while waiting to pay...then a few minutes later another woman did the berserk thing...sad.
    • 1652 posts
    August 12, 2009 4:33 PM BST
    Hi Rose, can you tell me which surgeon offered to do the lipo and fat injections?
    And just out of interest, which surgeon will be doing your FFS?
    xx