TSA Now Matching Gender To Fly

• 2627 posts
    August 11, 2009 11:06 AM BST
    Transportation Security Administration added gender ID to fly.
    I've read a few post from girls asking if they could fly in femm. Now your gender has to match. So if you plan to take a plane be ready to be questioned about it & if you realy pass you may have to prove your gender.
    • 1912 posts
    August 11, 2009 11:40 AM BST
    Karen, all it means is your ID needs to match your legal gender. Has nothing to do with what you are wearing. That is also why those going out of the country to get SRS need what is called a limited passport, it documents the change that will happen while traveling.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2627 posts
    August 11, 2009 1:45 PM BST
    From the way they said it on the news lastnight you have to look the gender on your ID.
    • 1912 posts
    August 11, 2009 5:55 PM BST
    Karen, there you go listening to the idiots on the news. I went to the TSA website where they say the whole idea is to prevent terrorist on watch lists from using false identification to hide their identities. Gender is just one of the criteria that they evaluate someone on. So I suppose a crossdresser just might have slight issue but can be easily explained. But they are not saying you have to dress to match your gender, just that you may be looked at closer. Big deal.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1083 posts
    August 12, 2009 12:15 AM BST
    Marsha--

This may well be a big deal. I am no fan of either the TSA or the PATRIOT Act, and while I applaud the desire to thwart terrorists, this is just downright silly, and an infringement on my rig...

Oh, yeah. I forgot. Never mind. We have no rights in the US anymore. They've been sucked up over the last four administrations--2 Bushes, a Clinton and an Obama.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina