Like Talking To a Girl

• 2627 posts
    August 22, 2009 10:41 AM BST
    No one at work thinks of me as gay & they know nothing about me being a tranny. I overheard a diesetter say to a fellow worker
    "I don't know why but talking to him feels like I'm talking to a girl". I know him well enough to know it doesn't matter to him.
    It wasn't an insult just an observation. I was both surprised & happy. Than I laughed wondering what he might think if I hugged him & said thankyou.
  • August 22, 2009 1:44 PM BST
    Maybe you didn't have the big red hair tucked up that time...but if you could possible check back with everyone you're ever had contact with quite a few may have said something on the same lines...if there is a girl inside she'll be showing on the outside...
  • August 22, 2009 5:22 PM BST
    Hi Karen,
    Your co-worker paid you a compliment that he'll never know. It would be interesting to check back with others you know to see what they have to say. By the way, have you had any contact with your neighbor who covered for you when you locked yourself out? Have a great weekend.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 2017 posts
    August 22, 2009 5:40 PM BST
    You are who you are Karen and it will come out in day to day behaviour, what others make of it is up to them.

Enjoy the moment and take it as a compliment, I would.

Nikki
    • 114 posts
    August 22, 2009 6:45 PM BST
    Definitely a compliment. As others have said, your true self will out itself.

• 308 posts
    August 24, 2009 6:03 AM BST
    Brings good thoughts, does it not....some of the smallest things can bring us so much joy.
    BTW...Karen, I see your from the Detroit area....I may be wrong, but I believe we may have met some where.
    Tammy