Last night some idiot...

• August 28, 2009 12:50 PM BST
    Last night on telly some idiot of a psychiatrist came out with all the old crap about transness being 'nurture not nature' so by extension presumably in his tight little world there are no LGBT of any description who were born as GBTL?

And if everyone who was born in a 'normal' family of mum, dad, brothers and sisters then becomes TBGL while still living in the family home then presumably some member of the family had a hand in 'perverting' them as by definition this guy seems to think that BGTL=perversion=nurture...so it logically follows that if Son becomes trans then it is obviously Mum or Sis who encouraged it, if Sis becomes Bi then its obviously all the males and females who perverted her, if Sis becomes lesbian then obviously Mum or other Sis's are to blame, if Son become G then obviously it has to be Dad or other Bro's who got at him...if Dad become T then - hmm, now I'm stuck...and if Mum becomes T after giving birth to Son and Daughter then obviously...er, I'm more stucker...

psychiatry hasn't advanced very far in 100 years or so...or maybe that ******** only knows about transpeople from reading Bailey's The man who would be queen
    • 2573 posts
    August 28, 2009 2:53 PM BST
    Never ask a brain surgeon his opinion on a dermatology problem. It's not his field. This guy was no gender therapist and sounds like a "rat runner".
    • 530 posts
    September 6, 2009 12:56 AM BST
    May I refer the honorable shrink to the quote below...
    • 734 posts
    September 6, 2009 1:18 AM BST
    Yeesh! All I can say is: Not in my family!

Much love
    Rae xx
    • 871 posts
    September 6, 2009 11:16 AM BST
    I wonder what he would make of a stereo family with a gay dog.