What are you currently writing?

• 2068 posts
    September 11, 2009 11:57 PM BST

At this moment in time i'm working on my second book, about the " Clans of Scotland". Obviously to write about every single clan would be impossible.....i'm just doing 2 or 3 for every letter in the alphabet. My Last book..." what have the Scots ever given us" was that big i had to split it into 3 parts.

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 734 posts
    September 10, 2009 8:06 PM BST
    Just a question to see what people are up to...

Me? For some masochistic reason I decided to work on my debut novel. Given that my longest piece of work, to date, was only about 30 odd thousand words it's a big ask. I've discovered the need for a great deal of planning and organisation - something usually quite alien to my psyche.
    It has the working title 'Epiphany' and I like to refer to it as "an everyday tale of ordinary Dorset folk" - given that the main characters are a transexual, her sister, a vampire, a werewolf and a dead guy...

x
    • 126 posts
    September 11, 2009 12:00 PM BST

"an everyday tale of ordinary Dorset folk" - given that the main characters are a transexual, her sister, a vampire, a werewolf and a dead guy...

Just an average Dorset family then Rae

Come to think of it, we're coming down to Ferndown tonight A transvestite, her lover, her son!!!
    there maybe a donkey and a monkey involved, but no dead guy tho LOL

It sounds like a surreal story, and one I might be very interested in reading
  • September 11, 2009 8:53 PM BST

Marla here:

I decided that the one thing that could be interesting is how I became TV/CD, and how I started, I have a work in progress and I'll let everyone know how it's going.
    • 2463 posts
    September 11, 2009 9:50 PM BST
    Rae, I understand you want to contribute something to this upcoming Tribune. That is great. Can you drop me a message, about 2-3 lines, summarizing what you are doing? That way I can give it a shout out in my editor's comments.

Mere
    • 734 posts
    September 12, 2009 1:20 AM BST
    Meredith, TBH it wasn't my idea to contribute, lol. I can't PM as my pc still doesn't like it. I'll dig out your email addy and do it that way.

AM. Aha, that explains your Polly Ticks comments... Quite a work you've taken on. My Scottish roots are in my adoptive surname. Kelcou is the original French spelling of my maternal grandmothers name of Kelso, which I understand is linked to clan Ross...

xx

ps for those of us who don't have a life: aha is a palindrome
    • 2068 posts
    September 13, 2009 1:47 AM BST

So you're descended from Clan Ross are you Rae. I found out some interesting stuff about them if you're interested.

Lolxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 734 posts
    September 13, 2009 8:07 PM BST
    Always interested, AM, but bewarned I'm a peasant therefore blackmail would be useless...

xx