Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Passing in public » Daughter of You Walk Like A Girl

Daughter of You Walk Like A Girl

Tags : None
  • (Before I start, I need to tell you that what follows is entirely original.

However, doing a Forum Search, I found a thread from December 2004 that covered much the same ground. I highly recommend that anyone interested in this subject look up "You Walk Like A Girl" posted by Cerys Conner. And her way cool link is still up. Since I can't post to an achived thread, I've named this one to honor hers. I'm betting that there have been quite a few girls who've joined TW in the last almost six years that have never seen the original.)

When I've been out to clubs I've noticed that a dead giveaway that a girl is a tranny is how she walks. GG's and men walk very differently and if you walk like a guy I don't care how cute your outfit is you will be read.

Men walk from the hip. Women walk with their hips. (Not an original observation, I actually encountered it in a reprint of a WWII era comic strip called "Johnny Hazard" a couple of decades ago. It was a revelation.)

Females have a much lower center of gravity than males. Theirs is at about the level of the pelvis. Men's are up around their chest and shoulders. This has a huge effect on how a person walks.

Also, women's legs attach to their pelvis (which tends to be proportionately wider) at a different angle than the way a man's does. This difference makes their walk more pronounced.

The trick is to watch how their bodies move when they walk and emulate it. Don't exaggerate it, unless you are a Drag Queen on stage, just practice it til it's second nature. You'll be far more convincing and you can worry about something else, like your deep bass voice, LOL.

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      October 9, 2009 10:01 PM BST
  • oh my Melody!
    stereotyping doesn't go down well in here...but I agree with what you say...
      October 9, 2009 10:35 PM BST
  • A big mistake is swaying your hips left and right. Women actually twist at the hips which gives the appearance of a sway but actually their hips remain pretty much inline. There are some interesting graphic displays available on the web if you search around. One of the easiest ways to walk properly is to walk with one foot infront of the other as in following a straight line.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
      October 10, 2009 12:02 AM BST