" Age 8 & Wanting a sex change"

• 2068 posts
    October 17, 2009 12:09 AM BST

Girls, there's a rather interesting programme on Channel 4 this coming monday (16th) at 9PM, called " Age 8 & Wanting a sex change".It looks like its going to be about Children with Gender Dysphoria & what they have to go through. " as experts consider a review of UK guidelines for treating transgender children, this film follows youngsters in america who believe they were born in the body of the wrong gender" is whats been written about it.

Given how TG people have been portrayed on television in the past, this prog could go one of 2 ways......it could be more of the same rubbish but on the other hand it could be very interesting. But don't take my word for it, tune in & watch for yourselves.....you might be suprised.

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 67 posts
    October 17, 2009 12:15 AM BST
    Hi Anna

Will watch that.

Paula x
    • 2627 posts
    October 17, 2009 3:21 PM BST
    I was about that age when I wished I was a girl & started dressing when ever I could.
  • October 18, 2009 4:11 PM BST
    Interesting, I was about 7 when I realized that I was a girl inside. If only I had been allowed to grow up as the real me......

I just hope the subject in the TV show is done with taste and respect.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 2017 posts
    October 19, 2009 12:37 PM BST
    I can remember clearly thinking that I should have been a girl, but I can't say that being allowed to grow up as one would have been the right answer. I'm not sure if emotionally I would have been able to handle it. There have been a few posts on related subjects here recently so I won't bore you by stating my opion all over from scratch suffice to say that while I can see both sides of the argument, I'm not sure whether gender reassignment at a very early age is alltogether a good idea, purely on the emotional stability of someone so young.

But then again, maybe I'm just jealous.

Nikki