Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Mere and Karen Brad - A couple?

Mere and Karen Brad - A couple?

Tags : None
  • This is funny..............

I am in Detroit now for that conference. Karen Brad picked me up at the airport. While driving into downtown Detroit, we went past the hotel TWICE without seeing it. We had to ask directions only to find out we were two blocks away.

While checking in, the lady behind the counter kept looking back and forth at us. She must have thought we were a couple! When telling us about the free brekkie, she kept looking at Karen as if she was staying with me! It was funny!

Mere
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      October 23, 2009 12:08 PM BST
  • 2 2627
    A couple of what though?
    We had dinner at Fishbones than bought a 6pack & took it back to the room. I sat down & started falling asleep. I blamed it on all the hrs I've been working. Said I was sorry but I had to head out home. I think it was the shrimp or catfish that knocked me out I was a bit sick by the time I got home.
    I turned out of the lot towards home & was going the wrong way on a oneway street. Downtown Detroit has to many oneway streets that go nowhere.
    Her motel is in a great location with many of the cities best attractions within walking distance. It would be nice if she had more time.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      October 23, 2009 12:53 PM BST
  • I'm sure you were a cute couple.

One question. Why fly for a trip of 240 miles? I would think a train or even a bus would be faster/easier than the airport hassles....and certainly cheaper.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      October 26, 2009 12:17 AM GMT