Mid to End November Site issues

• 2573 posts
    November 19, 2009 10:51 PM GMT
    This thread is intended to bring together, in one place, all the current problems on-site and in email notifications from TW. Some are being worked on already but sharing here will let us see if we are alone or share ours with others and show a pattern. It should help the Programmer, who is hard at work, and lift some pressure from Katie, while she is moving.

In addition, please individually report your problem in HELP > REPORT BUGS in the drop drop down menus at the top right of each page. This can be tricky if you do not use an email application and instead use an online email service only, as I do. To perform this trick, right click and copy email address and post it into your online email page in another tab.

This thread is only intended to be used until Katie is settled in her new home, but if it proves useful, we can continue it.

Thank you for your help.
    • 530 posts
    November 22, 2009 7:37 PM GMT
    RE Email notifications:

Ever since becoming a member it has been promulgated that TW does not generally like 'freeby' email addresses. (Hotmail, MSN, Yahoo etc.). I know this certainly applies/applied to registering, and have assumed it would apply across the board.
    I use my ISP-provided address or a 'paid for' retained address (£11.99 a year, well worth it for online stores, PayPal &c. who also prefer a registered and traceable email address), and have never experienced notification problems.

I know the trannyweb email address has had a few problems, but they appear to have been fixed. It has certainly been working for me recently.

Otherwise all is well apart from the occasional and apparently random slow page loading. If I can ever pin it down to specifics, I'll let TW know!
  • November 22, 2009 8:19 PM GMT
    I, and I think a few others are having problems with a message that stops a page from loading. It says something to the effect, that something on the page is causing Adobe to not work properly, then it has a do you want to continue, with yes or no buttons to select. I never had the problem before til about a month ago. Everytime I leave a page or go back to that page, the message comes up, after having to wait awhile for it to pop up, then I click yes, and all is well. If i click no, the page just freezes up and I have to close everything and start over.
    • 157 posts
    November 22, 2009 11:11 PM GMT
    I too experience the issue during the loading of the "Tranny web Home Page". The page stops loading and I get this error message:

"A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

After clicking yes to the abort everything works nicely. I have tried reloading Flash Player just in case it was an issue with my machine, but it didn't help. It pops up a few other places too, but I see it mostly at the intitial log in.

As for email issues I can report that I haven't had any problem in getting notifications and I use a hotmail address.

In closing I would like to thank everyone involved with keeping TW up and running. I don't know all that is involved in keeping things running smoothly, but I know enough to know that you are all doing a great job. With all the levels, blogs, chats, forums, albums, and other features it has to be quite the undertaking and far beyond my meager computer skills. My boss may think I'm an expert but I am a novice to your level. Awesome job!!

Jeri
    • 67 posts
    November 22, 2009 11:37 PM GMT
    Jeri and Lisa
    Have exactly the same problem, as yourselfs
    Don't know if its my computer or a problem with the site.
    Paula x
    • 746 posts
    November 23, 2009 3:44 PM GMT
    Only thing I can comment on is maybe "real time" reporting of "who's Here"...seems there's a lag of 15 mins. or so...hardly worth the time or expense of upgrading though as so few probably check it.

Traci
    • 2627 posts
    November 23, 2009 3:58 PM GMT
    At night when I get home from work I can't get any of the pages to load. It takes so long that I just give up.
    So the only time I can come here is before work when I have so many other things to do.
    • 2127 posts
    November 23, 2009 9:34 PM GMT
    Hi girls and thanks for the info.

Our 10th Birthday countdown timer seems to be the culprit that was causing those Adobe error messages. I have fixed the problem by removing the timer. Pity though, 'coz it was othewise very good.

Tracy, which page do you go to, to see the stats? I thought we had removed them all because they were also not working right.

And Karen, if your TW pages load okay in the morning but not in the evening, then I would guess that it's a local problem to where you are. It could be down to something called contention, which refers to the number of users sharing a single DSL connection. If a number of gamers happen to be online at night then you may find your connection speed slows to a near halt.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 1912 posts
    November 23, 2009 11:04 PM GMT
    Katie, I think the page Traci is referring to is the "Who is online now" page. It just seems when you go to the Who is online page it rarely matches the people you may find in the chatroom, indicating that it does not reflect real time. What I often see is "Number of minutes since last active user: 15 " whatever that is suppose to mean. I'm actually guessing it means nobody has been logged in during the last 15 minutes but often times I find that is when the chatroom is full, go figure.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 746 posts
    November 24, 2009 2:16 AM GMT
    Marsha is dead on correct...that is exactly the scenario I was trying to point out...thnx Marsha...
    • 67 posts
    November 24, 2009 11:16 PM GMT
    Katie
    The site is working perfect now, and not running slow anymore. Thanks !!
    Sorry you had to stop your 10 year count down !!!
    Paula x
    P.S. When is the 10th Anniversary ?
    • 2573 posts
    November 25, 2009 3:47 AM GMT
    There are some pages that only renew every 15 minutes. If they did it more often it would probably really gum up the works and possibly slow down the site significantly.
  • November 25, 2009 10:37 PM GMT
    Thank You Katie. It was realy trying what little patience I have. I appreciate your taking the time to find out what problems we have and fixing them.
    And I must also thank Wendy for starting this post.
    I hope this thread stays up, it's proven to be a big help. I'm sure it will prove helpful in the future aswell.
    Lisa MArie