Reasons why it's great to be a T-Girl

• 2127 posts
    January 31, 2010 5:42 PM GMT
    Hi Girls, I'm in the midst of writing an article about a viral message that's been sent around the world by email called, "100 Reasons Why It's Great to be a Woman". There’s a number of versions of this flying around the internet, with slightly different titles and different reasons.

Well, I was thinking that being TG is often something that people see as a negative thing but I bet there are heaps of good things about it too. Remember, we have a gift!

So why don't we make a list now, of the reasons why it's great to be a tranny-girl. Please don't just post the viral reasons here again. I'm looking for real reasons why it good to be a transgendered female. The best ones will appear in my article in Frock magazine.

Over to you...

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 72 posts
    January 31, 2010 6:59 PM GMT
    I just love to be feminine.The reasons why it is great to be feminine or a woman.I think
    1-Can look beautiful
    2Apply all the make up from mascara to lipstick etc
    3-Can wear beautiful clothes such as sarees,skirts etc and look gorgeous

4Can have soft ,smooth and hair free skin which is one of the best feelings i ever had
    5Take care and love every inch of my body
    6-Feel more comfortable and identify myself as who i am in reality
    7-no need to face the heat and work outside.can stay at home all day long and spend hours in beautifying myself
    8-can be a lovely wife and a caring mother
    9-So many clothes to wear,many beauty products to apply,so many hair styles which men dont have
    10-can have cleavage
    11-Wear beautiful and colorful bikinis
    12-Can dance in numerous styles -from kathak to bharat natyam to mujra to belly dancing
    13-be sensitive which i am
    14-so many laws to protect you if you are a genetic woman especially in india which men are unfortunately deprived of
    • 2127 posts
    January 31, 2010 7:20 PM GMT
    Thanks for those Miss Sudha. Remember though, we're looking for reasons why being a transgendered-girl or T-Girl is great. Sorry I may have misled you with the title of my post, which I have now changed.

Thanks and hugs, Katie x
    • 1017 posts
    January 31, 2010 7:45 PM GMT
    Hi Katie,

For me the best thing about being TG is that I've sometimes been accepted into the private world of accepting GG friends. The level of trust that has been shown me when discussions turned to very private, and sometime intimate, subjects is a blessing that I'd never have had if I wasn't Melody. Things shared that would never be confided in my drab self have been a wonderful and enlightening joy in my life. Sure, it doesn't happen with everyone, but I've been very lucky in having so many close female friends.

Hope this is the sort of thing you were asking for.

Best,
    Melody
    • 2127 posts
    January 31, 2010 7:54 PM GMT
    Very good girls. I'm hoping to publish this as a list of reasons why it's good to be TG so keep it short. Maybe, finish this sentence: "It's good to beTG because..."

Here's my sixpence worth...

It's good to be TG because I get to wear gorgeous boots that men can only dream about.

That's me - now you...

It's good to be TG because...
    • 2358 posts
    January 31, 2010 9:21 PM GMT
    Aquiring resolve and determination with understanding and empathy for others having the fortitude to stand up and be counted when others are being derided and put down. Its nice the boots, the clothes but there is more to it.

Cristine.
    • 1652 posts
    January 31, 2010 9:36 PM GMT
    It's good to be TG because we have a unique insight into both worlds.

Whether we switch genders entirely, or just touch upon the other occasionally, we know what it’s like to live in the male and the female worlds.
    Well at least to an extent. I’m sure most of us know how uncomfortable an ill-fitting bra can be...
    xx
    • 157 posts
    January 31, 2010 10:06 PM GMT
    Lucy

You took the words right out of my mouth. I've found that since I have accepted who I am I find I am more tolerant of differences in others.

Jeri
  • January 31, 2010 10:21 PM GMT
    Hi Katie
    I think it is a blessing to be transgendered. Having lived my life as a man and now finally coming to the realization that there is much more to my life than I could have ever imagined. That is the woman in me. Because of this I think we are in a unique position that both genetic men and women that are not transgendered will never understand. A view from both sides. As a man I do not have the opportunity to express myself as I actually feel. It seems that being a man is so straight forward that you do not have the opportunity to be a true individual. Most men fit the same mold. as a woman though you have the opportunity to express yourself in so many ways. in your makeup, hair style and the clothes you wear. The colors and the styles are endless. Nobody looks at you funny if you cry for no reason. As a woman it seems to me that I am aware of my surroundings to a much deeper level. Simple things like the smell of a rose, the sound of a baby laughing all bring on a new meaning to the way that I see things.. It is so nice to be able to hug and hold somebody without being considered weird. There is so much more but seeing it from both sides has shown me just how lucky we are. In my case I love being the woman I feel that I am. Life is so much more joyful.
    Hugs to all my sisters..... Samantha
    • 1912 posts
    January 31, 2010 11:33 PM GMT
    Sure the options on clothing, makeup and personal styles are great, and at first glance I was thinking just like Lucy that the insight into both worlds is pretty special; however my life has really changed for the better for exactly what Cristine said. I've been through a lot to get where I am now and have really grown as a person. My understanding and empathy towards others has opened so many doors to new friendships that I would otherwise had never considered. My life has been truly enriched because of being TS.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1017 posts
    February 1, 2010 12:29 AM GMT
    Hi Katie,

I think the responses to your post are going to be more than a single line and express far more varied aspects of the TG community than anyone could say in a internet post..

The feeling about who we feel about ourselves is a very personal and can't be expressed in a single line.

Best,
    Melody
    • 2127 posts
    February 1, 2010 2:12 AM GMT
    I agree! Okay, let me put this another way.

I understand that there is a lot to be said here but being genetically female is also a biggy, yet the GG's managed to get a list of one liners together.

Here are a few from our genetic female sisters to give you the idea...

Reasons why it's great to be female:

1. We can get laid anytime we want.
    2. We never have to buy our own drinks at the bar.
    3. We pee sitting down so it's easier to pass out on the toilet when you're drunk.
    4. We get out of speeding tickets by crying.
    5. We get out of speeding tickets by showing a little cleavage or leg.
    6. We can sleep our way to the top of the class.
    7. We get to shop at Victoria's Secret.
    8. We can marry rich and then not have to work.
    9. We never have to pay when we go out on dates.
    10. Men take us on all expense paid trips - all we have to do is sleep with them.
    11. Men light our cigarettes for us.
    12. Men hold the door open for us.
    13. We pout better (those puppy dog eyes always work!)
    14. We're cuter.
    15. We lie better.
    16. We're better manipulators.
    17. We always end up sleeping in the bed when we fight with our other halves - guys get the couch.
    18. We always have food in the fridge.
    19. We don't worry about losing our hair.
    20. We always get to choose the movie.
    21. We don't have to mow the lawn.
    22. We don't have to take out the garbage.

...and so on...

So, in order to help us put together our definitive list of reasons why it's great to be TG, could respondents say what they think and then finish with a single line that sums up what they've said, or at least try to.

This is just a bit of fun and not meant to be a heavy debate.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 21 posts
    February 1, 2010 7:58 AM GMT
    It's great to be a TG because you get to borrow your GG's friends clothes!

• 21 posts
    February 1, 2010 8:01 AM GMT
    It's great to be a Tgirl becuase you get to use the cleaner, nicer toilets.
    • 72 posts
    February 1, 2010 9:16 AM GMT
    I think the best thing about being a tgirl is that we take much more care and work hard on looking beautiful,applying makeup,maintaining a smooth and soft skin and really overall more conscious of appearing feminine than many genetic women.There by achieving better results in beauty.
    • 2358 posts
    February 1, 2010 9:34 AM GMT
    OK so I missed the point. Another good reason for being a TS,

You can gob off to men and laugh at their pathetic pulling lines withjout fear of getting a slap.

Or. You can make sex rewarding,

''erm that underwear would so imrpove our sex life.''

Having the last word, by scowling and just say one word ''AND?''

And as an after thought being a member of TW and attaining the status of ''Godess'' in the forums, lol

Crissie
    • 434 posts
    February 1, 2010 2:56 PM GMT
    Most of all, I can be me...

Doanna
    • 746 posts
    February 1, 2010 4:09 PM GMT
    Ahhh Doanna...you took the words right out of my mouth..."It's great to be a Tgirl because it is me"...
    Traci
    • 2017 posts
    February 1, 2010 5:35 PM GMT
    Here's a few that spring to mind, some serious, some less so.............

1. You have a unique perspective on life having lived in both worlds.
    2. You can laugh at the cheesy one liners and not worry because you can still floor the bloke who is spouting them if need be.
    3. You can stamp on someone's feet in stilletos.
    4. You can use nice toilets that haven't got wee all over the floor.
    5. You have heard all those chat up lines before, hell, you probably used some of them yourself.
    6. Your have a smaller bum than GG's. (Sorry GG's)!!!!
    7. Both sexes find you fascinating.
    8. See 7, you might be able to satisfy both with your unique physiology too!
    9. A night out costs a lot less than it used to.
    10. You are the one in control when being chatted up.
    11. Men and other GG's will look after you if they think you are being threatened.
    12. You can shop!
    13. You can shop........a lot.
    14. Shopping is now expected of you.
    15. You can drink wine in a bar without someone taking the p*ss out of you for it.
    16. Women's clothing is much more varied and interesting.
    17. You don't have to wear a dinner jacket to a function and look just like the waiter.
    18. See 17, you get to have a new dress for each function.
    19. People treat you nicer than they do men.

and lastly, for now at least.................

20. If you're really lucky, you get to have al those yucky male bits removed!

Nikki
    • 2127 posts
    February 1, 2010 5:59 PM GMT
    Thanks girls, this is exactly what we want. Keep 'em coming!

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 1017 posts
    February 1, 2010 8:43 PM GMT
    Hi Katie,

I apologize for my last post in this thread. It was way past my bedtime and I'd had a glass or two past my limit of Chardonnay. I think I had a point but don't have a clue what it was.

Embarrassed,
    Melody
  • February 1, 2010 10:08 PM GMT
    because a jewel neck and a necklace or silk scarf are so much better than a tie
    • 1912 posts
    February 2, 2010 12:43 AM GMT
    These have all been tested by yours truly and I can guarantee pleasure from them, lol.

1. You get to hang all sorts of great things from your ears without getting funny looks.
    2. No more gray hair, you're expected to color your hair.
    3. See number 2, blonds are more fun.
    4. See number 3, you can stop pretending you know it all and just be dumb if you want.
    5. When you drop something guys watch in anticipation instead of laughing.
    6. OMG, you get to carry a purse, the greatest invention of all time.
    7. See number 6, you can get sympathy for not being able to find anything in your purse.
    8. When you go to buy a new car, you know when they are trying to take advantage of you.
    9. When you return something at Walmart and they want to send you back to the other end of the store you can yell "NO!" in a deep voice and get lots of service.
    10. There is no better feeling than laying out by the resort pool in your bikini.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • February 2, 2010 1:02 PM GMT

Well now Cristine let me see, reasons why its good to be a T girl.
    1. You get to meet great friends on Trannyweb.
    2 You dont miss the bog when you go for a pee.
    3 You can gossip in the ladies.
    4 You dont have to wear y fronts or string vests.
    5 You can hang your smalls on the line without funny looks.
    6 You look younger.
    7 you feel younger
    8 You can wear heels.
    9 You dont have to talk about football

And in my case it brings me to life. weeeooooooooooooooooooooh
  • February 2, 2010 3:37 PM GMT

Katie.
    Now that I have put the fun bit in, I would like to say that is has made me a better person, Like you said its a gift.