National Procrastination Week

• 1195 posts
    March 29, 2010 10:05 PM BST
    Well done Penny
    I'm thinking of proposing a committee for the purpose of appoining a board which will propose a ballot for the membership to consider your suggestions. Naturally, there shouldn't be any haste in selecting a committee. I'll get onto it ASAP.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2627 posts
    March 30, 2010 10:30 AM BST
    A committe of procrastinaters? Forming one might not be to hard but getting us together all at the same time?
    Item 1 - A name - Lets not rush into this. We want a name that fits us (all of us). I'll give it some thought & get back.
  • March 31, 2010 12:58 PM BST
    Oh dear.
    I just can't be arsed!
    • 42 posts
    March 31, 2010 7:25 PM BST
    "never put off until tomorrow, that which could easily be postponed indefinitely"
    sorry, that's all I got.
    • 2358 posts
    March 31, 2010 8:36 PM BST
    Mañana
  • March 31, 2010 10:03 PM BST
    Hmm, can't we get some kind of grant to help with this?
    With any luck a think tank can come up with the name........
  • April 1, 2010 12:08 AM BST
    Crissie,

Would have responded earlier, but didn't get around to it till now..

Hope the TSS was gentile with you. Recovery would assume you actually asked them to leave.
    In light of the theme of this thread, you may not have gotten around to asking them to leave yet , in which case
    I hope you are enjoying them.

Saw a interesting movie called "The Ugly Truth" in which the Katherine Heigl discovers the pleasure of
    remote control vibrating underware. Was hilarious when the remote fell into a strangers hands at a restaurant.

Reminiscent of the Restaurant scene in "When Harry met Sally" .

I've been meaning to find where you might get such underware... may get around to it someday.

The one thing I don't procrastinate on however are "Shoe Sales" ...

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
  • April 1, 2010 5:08 PM BST
    I was sort of thinking about it.
    Then after a while it may have gotten more serious.
    Pink or red?
    Red or pink?
    Why do the Gods torment us so?.
    • 2358 posts
    April 4, 2010 12:33 PM BST

The full story. as you are all aware our house was cordoned off and raided by the TSS, I was dragged upstairs thrown roughly onto the bed, giggling. The warrant was read out to me and the sentance. The buzzing and whiring started then suddendly just as I was getting to like it, going with the flow, the whiring and buzzing died away, the cheif TSS officer started swearing somthing about goverment cutbacks, cheap batteries and oh damn there goes the pinger on the oven, BRB...........................
    ..................................................................................................

Cristine
    • 2358 posts
    April 8, 2010 4:24 PM BST
    Jeeeeeze, won't somone say somthing like, that did'nt realy happen, that I made it up, in which case I will have to start procrastinating all over again, but it did happen, so there and if you want proof I will be only too willing to provide witnesses that will substantiate my story and give written testament later. Busy right now collecting up all the dead batteries.

Cristine Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • April 8, 2010 8:48 PM BST
    Yes proof.......
    Can I get back to you about this, something else has my attention
  • April 8, 2010 10:22 PM BST
    In response to the upcoming (UK) general election I'm sort of thinking of starting the Perhaps Party.
    Our slogan could be something like, "Could we get back to you later on that perhaps?"

Our chant?
    "What do we want?"
    "Ermmmm.........something."

"When do we want it?"
    "Possibly this afternoon or tomorrow".

• 2627 posts
    April 9, 2010 10:27 AM BST
    We know it happened we turned you in. Now we expect you to get Evan by turning us in. PLEASE!!
    • 2358 posts
    April 9, 2010 11:22 AM BST
    Karen,

I definately wil get round to it, perhaps sometime next week, you won't know their coming, just be a big loud bang as they kick your back door in lol. Of course it does mean an endorsement on your Gender Society ID/Licence card, I will try and find out how long the endorsement will last in your case and will post once I find out. Me I'm told the endorsement is for life. But one consolation is you do get free batteries for the length of the endorsement.

Cristine
    • 84 posts
    April 9, 2010 11:36 AM BST
    Unfortunately to date, other constraints have rendered any meaningful dialogue at a premium.

The matter is however subject to revision.
    • 2358 posts
    April 14, 2010 10:32 AM BST

No puns intended, but a full de-briefing is being conducted at this very moment, I'm reliably informed that due to the serious nature of the matter and the TSS failure to complete their mission they might call again, erm do they make petrol driven vibrators and dildos In the meantime I tried to join facebook, but somone else told me to come over to my space, with everything thats going on at the moment, I was sorta confused, having a blonde moment, joining a site called come over my face and now having to read through over 2000 hits. Will keep you all informed as to future developments...............loada blacked out Range Rovers just pulled up, BRB....................

Cristine
    • 404 posts
    April 14, 2010 1:30 PM BST
    .....be right wth you........................................

Lynn H
    • 530 posts
    April 14, 2010 7:27 PM BST
    Tea sounds like a good idea.

I'll have a think about having a cup while I consider my response to the responses.

Or something like that...
    • 1017 posts
    April 15, 2010 6:28 PM BST
    Today is the last day for us in the USA to mail in our Income Tax.

Guess I'm a lousy procrastinater, I sent mine in yesterday.

Best,
    Melody
  • April 15, 2010 8:45 PM BST
    Huh??

This will take some thinking now, is there a deadline to respond?

will try to get back this week I hope
    • 404 posts
    April 16, 2010 9:41 AM BST
    Take it easy,anyone would think the place is on fire......................!

Lynn H.
  • April 18, 2010 4:31 PM BST
    then there is the ultimate procrastination.........

How much have you actually told your spouse.

For me, its just the basics.

MichelleLynn
    • 404 posts
    April 18, 2010 7:12 PM BST
    What was it now.?......................It'll come back to me in a minute.................................Just bear with me......................

Lynn H.
  • April 21, 2010 6:41 PM BST
    Soooo...............
    Do we have a name for our group yet??
    • 308 posts
    April 27, 2010 6:01 AM BST
    Hummmm, is there a deadline for posting.
    Tammy
    • 2627 posts
    April 27, 2010 1:30 PM BST
    Name?
    Matt I thought you were going to list some ideas.
    I'll get started on that right away.
    Realy I will as soon as I have time.
    • 2358 posts
    April 27, 2010 2:25 PM BST
    I realy must get down to a positive mindset, stop procrastinating, formulate a plan, a course of action, put down in black and white everything that happened over the last couple of months, contemplate in deapth a format, so will post again when I have reached a conclusion as to how and when to post.

Cristine
    • 871 posts
    April 27, 2010 5:33 PM BST
    Well, Crissie, this is just not acceptable! I have duly informed the procrastination police and they were as alarmed as I was. They have taken this matter very seriously and with up most urgency they will be round to take statements as soon they have dealt with their current matters at hand.
    • 2 posts
    May 6, 2010 8:38 PM BST
    Hi Girls,

I think I joined here back in Feb. Haven't got around to completing my profile yet, but after reading the posts here, I think I will Finnish it tomorrow, If I don't get around to it tomorrow I'll do it the next day, If I don't do it the next day I will do it the next following day, if I don't get it done the following I'll be, I'm pretty damn sure I'll do it . . . . someday

Hugs,
    Marcie
  • May 7, 2010 4:33 AM BST
    You see...?

This is what happens when you procrastinate on posting to a thread:

It just goes on and on for months, and always stays in the top threads even though everyone's read it already, like, months ago...

I can't stand it when...

Oh...

Oops...

GTG.....

Nothin' but love for you girls...

Karri

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    • 404 posts
    May 7, 2010 9:42 AM BST
    "..........The Gender Society would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay..............Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible...................until then....................please do not hang-up/log out......................................

Lynn H.
    • 871 posts
    May 7, 2010 11:50 AM BST
    To expedite matters we should, without further delay, make decisive action by stating what our favourite biscuits are so the tea and biscuit person can perform their duties allowing us to concentrate, without trivial hindrance, on the more important issues.

We appreciate that the determination of which biscuit is your favourite could be problematical so please take the opportunity to perform experiments and field tests to reach a satisfying conclusion. Guidelines for such controlled experiments containing information on relevant parameters to record (ie, reclining chair angle, temperature of accompanying beverage, suitable reading material, dunkability, structural integrity endurance and the ease of recovering floating soggy bits) will be supplied in a timely fashion.

Thank you so much for finding the time to show interest in these matters.
    Penny
    x
    • 1195 posts
    May 7, 2010 6:39 PM BST
    Well, I for one have trouble with the bisquit idea. I'd prefer some nice cakes instead. I'll have to llook up some recipes when I get the chance....maybe next week -at the latest...maybe.
    Gracie
    • 1017 posts
    May 8, 2010 1:12 AM BST
    Mary Grace is right. How can we go forward under the tyranny of the biscuit lobby? All action needs to be halted immediately until this issue is resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

This terrible proposal will disenfranchise not only Mary Graces's cake lobby, but the bagel, muffin and doughnut factions.

Sorry Ladies, but until all constituencies have had their say, I veto any further action on this motion.

I nominate Crissie to head the buzzing and vibrating subcommittee.

We need to form separate committees for each faction and require a complete report from each no later than November 20th of 2012 unless, of course, someone files for an extension. The rules for such extensions will be issued by late 2013, assuming consensus.

Best,
    Melody
  • May 8, 2010 7:48 AM BST
    So...

Should we form a committee to investigate the pros and cons of deciding whether or not forming a committee or committees regarding procrastination is or is not the best approach?

All those in favor please reply as soon as convenient. No rush.

Think it through and come to an appropriate decision.

We wouldn't want to rush into anything now, would we?

;-)
  • May 8, 2010 10:14 AM BST
    Bravo Melody,
    That seems to be a good idea but the only problem with cakes it that u can't dunk them in a beverage as they do not have the structural capability to stay in 1 piece & therefore a tea spoon maybe needed to eat the cake......
    But back to pennys idea, my biscuit choice is the bourban cream
    • 2627 posts
    May 8, 2010 12:20 PM BST
    I love it here. I make one little gag post thinking it might get a responce or two.
    • 2358 posts
    May 8, 2010 1:25 PM BST
    Matt and I are adamant we are going to make this the most succesfull longest running thread ever lol. the most succesful nothing ever, but still working on my inabilty to post anything mediocre and underwhelming,

Cristine
    • 871 posts
    May 8, 2010 5:43 PM BST
    Mary has raised a very important point and could be detrimental to the continuing success if we don’t get it right. The crucial decision that needs to be made for stable long-term success is whether cakes and buns should be included in the tea and biscuit directive or they should have their very own lobbying committee.

Maybe, for the interim, we could fashion tea and bourbons and coffee and donuts as an emergency measure until matters develop.
    • 530 posts
    May 10, 2010 1:16 PM BST
    Scones!
  • May 10, 2010 11:55 PM BST
    what are they sue? biscuit or cake?
    • 871 posts
    May 11, 2010 11:52 AM BST
    Bloody trouble makers!
    • 530 posts
    May 11, 2010 1:04 PM BST
    Hung parliament - biscuits and cake - so I thought scones as kingmaker?

Naturally this will have to be mulled over for some time...

(BTW, was there ever an official decision as to whether Jaffa Cakes® are one or the other?)

And just because I have mixing spoon in my hand it does not make me a trouble maker Miss Penny Wotsit!
    • 2627 posts
    May 11, 2010 1:27 PM BST
    I think it would all depend on what kind of cakes. Maybe more than 1 kind? The same with the scones, several different ones look good. Sue how much baking will you do?
    • 530 posts
    May 11, 2010 1:39 PM BST
    Baking? Baking?

How many hours does the sun shine on a sun bed beside a pool? LOL
    • 1195 posts
    May 11, 2010 5:46 PM BST
    Hold your horses!
    I'm sensing that someone is trying to foster a rash decision here.
    Let's not hurry the "democratic" process here.
    There is still a lot of imput needed before any considerations can be given.

Becides, I make pretty good crumpets, German Beer Bread and a few other "weight-gaining" tasties.
    hugs
    Gracie
  • May 11, 2010 5:58 PM BST
    I may have (or not) have made a decision as to what whomsoever regarding that which previously could have substantially not or in certain cases.......mmmmmmm...........could I think about it please?
    • 2627 posts
    May 12, 2010 3:38 AM BST
    Sue you did say you had the mixing spoon in hand. Me? I don't evan own one.
  • May 12, 2010 4:23 AM BST
    Ok, Biscuits, cakes and scones aside.... some chocolate souffle's go great with almost anything ,,,,,,,,
    I'll be holding a cooking class at my house, as soon as I can find the kitchen.... (details to follow)....

Hugz MichelleLynn

PS I really do make a great souffle......
    • 530 posts
    May 12, 2010 9:05 AM BST
    Of course I have a large wooden spoon. Mixing is just my generic term for it.

It's used for:

A) Stirring

and

B) Discipline (TMI?)

It was awarded in lieu of a 'Round-2-It' because no-one could be bothered to go and get one.

Seemple. Mwah.